Odessa College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Odessa College

Shelby

I am excited to enroll in the Photography program. Odessa College has a wonderful lab for photographers.

Alexis

Odessa College has become a place of both comfort and learning for me. The buildings and classroom sizes have been well thought-out and make learning experiences both enjoyable and modern. At Odessa College you will find professors who are engaged in the students academic wellness and are willing to tutor students who may have trouble understanding the material. Having a junior college like Odessa College is a great opportunity for all students who cannot afford a university tuition. Odessa College has been my stepping stone to future success.

Zacharias

The General Studies is good and great way to start on a college life. I enjoy my math teachers. They help you in the best way for an engineering degree. I found that I can make myself succeed by applying my will to it. By it I mean my career choices and life.

Christina

The teachers are very helpful and for the most part answer the questions that I have promptly and in a timely manner. The tutoring rooms and STEM help labs are amazing and the staff is mainly made of students and they are extremely helpful. There are also events to do throughout the day, and there is usually food or snacks provided, which is nice, some of the teachers provide extra credit for attending certain events.

gracie

I love it. The teachers are really great and do their best to work with you and also give you a supportive environment that you can learn and prosper as a student! The students are also really great, you can tell that everyone is cery dedicated to what theyre doing and are very envolved in their major.

Kyle

Low cost Community college with many available majors, but unhelpful Success coaches. Classes are hard to schedule and you get very little to no financial aid help at all. The help center does its job well and can get you any information you need. Dorms and food is more expensive than it needs to be.

Kelsie

Odessa college has provided me a much needed chance at life and an education. I would not really have had anything else. They made it possible and helped me get financial aid and work study position. I know have a job on campus, housed in the dorms, a meal plan, great classes, and several new friends. I do not know how I could ever truly thank the college and faculty.

Brandon

Odessa College was a great start for me to get some college credits. The teachers and students were always kind and I never had any problems while I attended. Great school and staff.

I really enjoy the constant effort this college puts forth in staying academically current all around. They really listen to the students and have innovative visionaries behind them because, this college just gets better and better each year. Their college website and student portal has in my opinion exceeded the ease in navigation than any other school I've been to. The site allows for the student's to become very much involved in their planning and gives each student the tools to become successful. Their programs offered and counseling is phenomenal. I especially love their true excitement to involve the Odessa community even outside of the college community to get involved and be a part of their events while also encouraging them to become their best selves through education and/or health/fitness. Even after receiving my associates with them, I am going back to earn my bachelors. Yes, you read it correct a community college found an opportunity to offer a few bachelor degrees for a community college price. I whole hardheartedly love Odessa College and recommend this college to anyone!

Selina Kessey

Odessa College is a great school offering classes to those who are willing to take them. The student body is active and involved. Academics are also great in terms of math and science with our professors helping us in whatever way possible. Office hours are kept regularly helping students in need.

Aurora

I would not recommend going to this college teachers are very rude and don,t sometimes respond to emails and even the people that work there. Calling the college itself is a waist of time you either get hung up or transfer to another department that has no clue what they are doing and gives you the wrong information and having to go around trying to get the best information you have of something. Never get phone calls back or email response back at all. This college does not care about students they are only in on the money and their awards that they get because they think they are better then other colleges. I regret going to this college and plus where the college is not the best city to be in.

Anabel

I am very excited to attend Odessa College. I heard the Culinary Arts program is outstanding. The housing for the students looks very comfortable and accessible. Before I went on a tour, I accessed Odessa College's crime and statistics report, and I couldn't be more please. I saw there are few reporting or crimes of rape, murder, robbery, burglary and many other crimes. I think it will be a safe campus, but I will always let someone know where I am because that is how I was raised. The most crime I see at Odessa College is the reporting of four motor vehicle thefts in 2015. I do not drive, but that is something to be weary of.

Summer

I do NOT regret attending Odessa College. The faculty and staff are great individuals who make a great effort to know their students and help us succeed. In my opinion, this college is the perfect find for me. Odessa College opens up many opportunities, and they definitely assure that we (the students) are well prepared when it comes to graduating and transferring to a bigger university.

Kelly

I have loved every minute being enrolled in the dual credit program at OC. There's a network of reliable teachers, students, and faculty that have made it so easy to get my work done correctly and efficiently in hopes of reaching my bigger goal of graduating with a professional degree.