Kyle, SD
Oglala Lakota College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oglala Lakota College

Fixed  rate loan

Germaine

I love my college. We are a small campus and know most everyone on a first name basis. Our instructors are very personable and show they are there to help us to understand the information to the best of our ability. We are rich in our Lakota culture and it helps us to have that bond we all share.

Bobbi

Oglala Lakota College (OLC) center is a great place to get your education. They incorporate the Lakota Language, which I think is very important for people to learn. The work environment is great the staff are all hard working, encouraging, and supportive. Before I came to college, I was not very social. The staff here at Oglala Lakota College center have help me come along way. They have been very great at helping me come out of my shell as well as encouraging and supportive of me. The instructors encourage students to do their best, and try their hardest, and are understanding with life situations. I enjoy all of my instructors at Oglala Lakota College Center especially my center director and counselor, they are great women to work with, and they helped me become a more social person as well as work hard to earn my degree. I enjoy taking the Lakota classes as well as all the social work classes. Many of my peers enjoy the college as well as I do. There are not many opportunities for education in South Dakota, so having OLC is a great opportunity for everyone who wants to earn a degree. The classrooms and building is always clean, with a welcoming environment. It is easier to work and focus when things are in order and clean. Oglala Lakota College center gave me one of the greatest opportunities I have had in a while. Taking classes here have opened my mind and brought me out of my home, made me more social able. It even helped me develop my social and work skills.

Nettie

The instructors do a good job of keeping in contact and helping when help is needed. The things I would want for this college is more housing for students like me who have children. also something i would really really put to use is a day care for parents who attend classes.

winter

I love the college and the instructors are amazing. My experience with learning and being a part of the college has been wonderful. Trust me once you attend you won't want to transfer to any place else. The students are friendly and you will get help with anything you ask about. The college even brings food if you have missed a meal before class. FIVE STARS!

Lara

I like the college but the College centers are far from each other. The Class sizes are small so you get to know the teacher better which I think is good. The teacher's are helpful and you can get ahold of them in a few different ways if you need help, they also answer quickly.

Tasheena

I tell them that it very good school. The fact that it is from my tribe, because I am apart of the Oglala Sioux Tribe. I brag that I am full time student but still have freetime. I brag that im in a college and financal wise they help me and they work with me to find scholorships and grants.

If I could go back and talk to myself I would say congradulations you are working towards a positive and bright future. I was senior status with a GED when I had decided that I was going to go back to school and graduate with my class. I worked hard and was successful with my goal. I would also say to just sign up RIGHT away for college not wait a semester. I am very happy with myself achieving all that I have done. I never thought of myself to be in college and here I am starting college and doing scholorships. I am also very proud of myself that I only waited a semester and not longer. I have seen a lot of scholor ships to high school seniors and I would advise myself to complete those applications for college.

LaRissa

My college is best known for providing education to Native Americans, who can not afford to go to an expensive university. It is very culturally oriented and very respectful and aware of cultrual differances.

There is not anything worthwhile in the life which may be achieved without education. Education, is a back bone for success. Attending college is crucial to insure your survival in today's society. The knowledge gained thoughout one's college experience, will help better prepare you for life without your family. College is not easy, but the best things in life aren't either. Become educated, without is you will have a hard life.

Oglala Lakota College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.