Ada, OH
Ohio Northern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio Northern University

Summer

My classmates are some of the best people I have ever met. They are willing to help with whatever they can, whether it be in or out of the classroom. They are not only classmates, but they are best friends; some are even family. They are there for you when you need them to be, and even when you think you dont need them.

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would talk to myself about time management. Going into college, I expected to have less free time than I do. Sometimes I even have so much that I put off my work for a few days. I would tell myself to work on time management in high school so that it wasn't so hard to manage things in college. Make a list of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done, but make sure to schedule breaks in between. Being self-disciplined in time management would make life so much easier.

The kind of person who should attend this school is one who is focused. The students at this school know what they want to do, and they know how to get there. While they are concerned with their education, they are also concerned with helping others. The students are caring, and give much of their time in community service and assistance on campus. Most of the students come from Christian backgrounds, and have high moral standards.

Felicia

Oh, Felicia! Don’t procrastinate! Those nights of choosing Grey’s Anatomy over completing your college essays were NOT worth it. You should have finished your college applications in the summer, taken you driving lessons and test, and began the year with enough time to attend numerous academic clubs and community service days. You could have applied to top notch schools through early-decision and the pressure of them monitoring you would have been worth it. You should have applied to numerous scholarships and contests earlier. Since you would, in the future, need to move far from home and live on your own, you definitely should have taken mom up on those free cooking lessons. Ramen will be your best friend soon. That list that you should have made, detailing every single much-needed college dorm appliance would have come in handy. Become acquainted with grocery lists, budgets and laundry. Avoid slackers and party animals. Just because it looks like soda DOESN'T MEAN IT'S SODA. Professors are not all boring, humorless, middle-aged “meanies.” Love your body. Study the campus map hard. Remember to apply for work-study early. I’ll always love you. You were built tough.

I have not set foot on that school yet. I will get there.

I have not started the year yet....

Thelma

I do not need a sentance to describe Ohio Northern I only need one word, home, from the moment I stepped on campus the environment and friendliness made it feel like home.

The first thing that I would tell myself as a high school senior is to relax. Do not stress out before college, you will make friends, you will make an impact on the campus, you will find a job, and everything will work out, just breath. Next I would say college is a time to reinvent yourself, make the best of it leave the past in the past. Put academics first and drama last. Focus on yourself no one else will focus on you and you are not being the best if you are being the best in every thing, then you will only burn out. Cherish every minute of college and talk to everyone, you never know who will be your best friend, business contact, or even a relationship. Last but not least, you will suceed and be the best you can be.

Everyone should attend Ohio Northern no matter what social class, religious affiliation, gender or race. Most hobbies and skills are represented by campus organizations. There is not discrimination based on anything here at Ohio Northern. It is a place for all to grow no matter where they came from.

Zachary

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School Senior I would advise myself not to waste a single minute of "being a kid". I would also advise myself to be more responsible with my school work because that will affect my financial aid for college. I would tell myself that I may think I have all the answers but I definately do not. I would remind myself that my family is always there to lean on when things are tough.

I don't think there is anyone who should not attend this school. Ohio Northern University offers everything a college student could ask for. ONU has expections programs as well as extra-cirricular activities. There is definately something for everyone at Ohio Northern University.

Shelby

I have learned how to live on my own. I have had to learn to rely on myshelf and my own judgement on the choices I am making. I have also learned to juggle time better, when you have to do laundry, study, take test and manage to get a shower in when you can it is all a balancing act. The lessons I am learning are life lesson as well as class lessons.

The students here are all friendly everyone always knows everyone else. So you should be able to get along with all kinds of people. Also they have high GPAs. They school is pretty quiet, not a party schools, because everyone here studies alot. So you would need to set high standards and be able to work toward your goals. The people that attend this university are hard working goal oriented type people.

Monika

I have learned how to build relationships with new peaople and have acquired great social skills. I have learned that studying is more than just reading back over your notes. I have learned about many different subjects that I was never interested in before I came to college. I have even learned a lot about myself. College requires you to be strong, and I think I am stronger than I have ever been. So not only has college provided me with a bast array of knowledge, but it has also helped me discover myself as a woman and my peers as human beings. College is not just education, it is a life experience.

Someone who likes small towns, close knit relationships, and a lot of one on one time with their professors.

It is pretty expensive, and sometimes feels like you are throwing away a lot of money.

Sara

I have learned how to use many skills such as study skills and math skills. This school is preparing me for, and is going to help me complete my degree in pastry arts and so far has taught me at a decent level. For a community college the professors are very interested in seeing their students grow and are very helpful compared to some other schools teachers. It has been valuable for me to attend CSN because since attending there I have gained much more knowledge. I am now better in all the fields I need to be good at to enter my program and I have all the knowledge I need to become what I want to be in life, all thanks to CSN.

Ohio Northern is a small school that genuinely cares about its students and wants them to do well. It allowed me to play sports, be involved in clubs on campus, and also keep up with my school work load. The campus is beautiful and there is always something going on that students can get involved in. Most of the other schools that I looked at were larger schools and to them, it seemed like I would be just another student. But at Northern, I am a person, and the professors actually know your name and want you to do well.

There are so many things that I have learned in my college experience that it will be very difficult to name just a few. The biggest one is probably self-confidence. Transitioning to college life was an adventure to say the least. I questioned whether I would be able to handle living on my own and handling obstacles as they arose. ONU made that transition very easy. I learned that I can handle "real life" when I come to that step of my life. The second most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience, are the best friends that I could ever imagine. My friends have gotten me through tough times and I can't imagine not having them in my life. Finally, I have learned how to balance my time evenly amongst all of my commitments. Playing a varsity sport in college while managing a Pharmacy curriculum is not an easy task and I had to learn really quick how to do it. Also from playing a varsity sport comes the practice of working toward a common goal with a team of people. I have loved my college experience and wold not change a thing.

The worst part of ONU is probably the brutally cold and snowy winters. It gets really cold in the winter and then when the snow starts falling the walk to classes is a little rough. With most of the housing within walking distance to the campus, there are many students fighting the snow covered sidewalks to get to class. If the university could come up with a better way to clear the sidewalks for students, it would be greatly appreciated.

David

Throughout primary and secondary school, many people learn to give a large amount of focus to learning the most material possible and becoming academic giants. The smartest people in the class are the ones who tend to be most recognized while everyone else is looked upon. This leads students to believe that academics are the one and only key to success. However, in college, I have learned otherwise. Being the smartest person across the board is not necessarily as important as showing a willingness to learn, presenting my best effort, and always asking questions whenever I have them. In fact, this is what college is soley about in addition to teaching me how to live independently and interact with others. It is highly unlikely that I will remember everything that I am taught over the course of four years. In fact, work places will even offer extra training and reteach anything that is needed to help me do my job. It is the valuable hard working skills I develop in college and the willingness to be humble and learn that will carry me throughout life wherever I go.

Ohio Northern University is ideal for any focused and hard working student who doesn't mind living in a small and very quiet town.

The most frustrating thing about Ohio Northern University is the very small size and also the lack of immediate off campus extra-curricular options for the students.

Ohio Northern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.