Ada, OH
Ohio Northern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio Northern University

Benjamin

I think you should allow for the student to decide which school feels right once they walk on campus. I knew this was the school for me the first time i stepped foot on campus for a tour. Also, I encourage all students to find some group or activity that meets at least a few times a week and involves upperclassmen. Varsity Soccer and my Fraternity were huge parts of my first year and exposed me to a lot of new experiences and allowed me to meet new people on campus. I feel like I'm fairly integrated into campus because of these groups and I enjoy every minute on a campus I chose specifically for its academic prestige. I would not change a thing from what I did in chosing a school. So put academics first in your deciding factors and make the most of your time on campus by meeting new people and branching out. Please don't stay in your rooms because you'll never get another chance at the college experience.

I wish I knew possible weekend activities to do off campus

The most frustrating things are the wireless internet losing signal in the dorms, the lack of flexibility for campus meal plans, and the school's somewhat negative attitude towards fraternities

My advice would be to first look for a good program for the major you want and then to narrow it down with location preferences, cost, extra-curricular activities, etc. If the student is undecided, pick a larger school with many majors and a good reputation. Research colleges early and make a reference sheet with all of your criteria for each college so you can compare schools easily. When you get to college, get out as much as you can. Get involved in things in might have never tried before. This way you can meet a lot of new people easily and make new friends.

The best thing about this school is the quality of education. I?ve never been taught by an assistant, and each professor I have had is passionate about his/her field. Classes are small so there is a lot of one-on-one interaction. Classes are challenging, but not ridiculously hard. The workload is manageable even if you participate in a lot of activities. There are also a lot of study options so you can switch majors easily.

The worst thing about this school is how handicap-unfriendly it is. The elevators can be very unreliable, especially in the winter, and all of the buildings have at least two stories. I don?t need a wheelchair, but those that do are faced with a barrage of heavy doors that are awkward from a sitting position. The sidewalks can be very icy and dangerous. When wet, the tile can also be very slippery even if you wear shoes with treading.

Errin

Find a college You want to go to - something that seems to fit you and your personality. Don't go to a school just because every one you know will be there, or because it looks like a lot of fun. The fun will end, and you'll be in the real world. It's possible to have a good time at a quality institution. Money is not always the main focus either. Some schools are harder to swallow financially than others, but if you're working hard, the future will smile brightly on you, and those college loans will be something that you're grateful for - they gave you the opportunity to obtain an education that many do not have an opportunity to experience. Study hard. Take time to relax. Someone's always watching you - mom and dad hopeful for good grades and a bright future for you; someone unexpected modeling their actions after yours. The right college will find you, you just have to make the most out of that college. Pay it forward.

It is a Lot of work, but if you study, you can do it. So, Study!

I'm going to look very good on paper, and I know my education is top notch.

Denay

There are many important factors that go into choosing the right college: programs/majors offered, academic reputation, class size, accessibility of the professors, financial aid awards, and location, among others. But the most important thing is that it feels right. When you step onto the campus, it should feel like home?not necessarily like your current home, but a place that could be your home for the next four years. You should be able to envision yourself living there happily for four years and wanting to stay there even if you were to change your major. Knowing that, above all else, is what makes the difference between loving your school and hating it and/or transferring. Once you have found the perfect school, be sure to get involved in campus activities. Yes, it is very important to study and stay on top of your class work, but you will be very dissatisfied with your college experience if that is all you do. So get out and find something that you love. Be involved and invest yourself in the school, and college will be an incredible experience that you will not want to end.

The worst thing about ONU is the lack of variety in the classes you can take. Especially if you are in one of the less popular majors, there aren't a lot of options for elective courses to take. If you have a very unique or specialized interest, it is unlikely that you will find a course on that topic. However, the professors are willing to help and often will allow you to do an independent study so that you can focus on your interests if there is no course in them.

A highly motivated, academically focused person should attend this school. If you are only going to college to play sports or because your parents pressured you to go, Ohio Northern is NOT the school for you. We are very strong academically, and students who come here should also be strong academically and be prepared to work hard and be challenged. Also, students who have strong leadership skills and want to get involved will do well at ONU.

Matthew

Choose many different colleges and look at them all before deciding. Never go with just one and always look at financial aid options!

Location, we live in the middle of a corn field.

Determined, focused but willing to be loose and have fun and be social in a small town setting.

Abbey

Ohio Northern Univerisity is a small, academic based school. The small community immediately welcomes students and makes them feel comfortable. There are many different social activities which are very open to new members at all times of the year. The campus community is very friendly and warm. You can always find someone to help if you have problems or issues. The faculty and staff are very committed to each and every student's success while at the university and after their time there. It is a wonderful school that I reccomend to anyone! There is something for everyone at ONU.

Definately the people & size! I applied to schools of all sizes...but ended up knowing that the smaller classes were more condusive to my learning style. I loved the personal relationships that I saw students having with the professors. It was really nice to see that the professors weren't out of touch with the students. Also I could not find one person that disliked the school (I really did try to find someone). I immediately knew why I couldn't .... Its hard not to love the school!

I would definately say that you have to listen to your gut feeling about a school. Listening to your parent's opinion on a school is also important. I definately did not want my mom to be right about what school was best for me, however after being at ONU for two weeks she was right. I loved it and could not see myself at any other school. Doing research and talking to students at the univeristy to make sure you are a fit is very important. A bit of advice to students is to get involved! I know that is said all of the time...but it really makes college so much better! You meet so many more people by getting involved. These people may not be your best friends, but you know more people who share your same opinions, career goals, etc. It is also important to be open to people. I tend to be a shy person at first, but eventually learned that it is so much easier to just try a little each day to be more open. Overall, it is just important to find a school where the student and parents feel most comfortable!

Ohio Northern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.