Wooster, OH
Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute

Ohio State University ATI is a great agricultural school that not only provides you with the classroom experience, but also provides the hands-on experience. The school owns their own local farm and it gives students the chance to work with their hands and become familiar with whatever they are studying. The professors are kind and easy to work with. Free Tutoring is available all week and the staff are committed to helping the student earn their degree. The university is also a small school and makes it easier to have one on one teaching.

Noah

I think it is a great university in which people can get a good education for a modest price. The food is pretty good. The housing is by far the best i have seen among colleges. We get two story apartments which can fit five people comfortably. The staff is always helpful and kind.

Allen

The class sizes are small and personal. It is a comfortable setting in which students don't feel scared about asking questions and talking learned topics. It is easy to make friends and is overall a great place.

Any one who is looking for a cheaper alternative for general education credits or that wants a great agricultural education.

Brooke

An amazing experience not to be missed.

An amazing experience not to be missed.

The Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute is almost competely agriculturally based. It is a two year or four year with transfer compatible college. It is almost like a small community. For only "technically" being a two year school, they offer on campus housing. The housing is not just dorms, but more like a town house. Two floors. They have all of the animals that you need to know about for animal related majors such as horse science or animals sciences (large animals). There are many jobs opportinities available at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center down the street.

I would tell myself to not be shy, make friends quickly. I would tell myself to make sure I do not procrastinate because it just stresses you out for no reason. Above all things look for scholarships. Loan repayment is not fun.

Kirk

Ohio State ATI is the perfect atmosphere for meeting new people, devoloping relationships, and bettering your education.

Knowing what I know now, I would have encouraged myself to not be so worried about the transition college. As a senior in high school, I was excited for the opportunity to attend college but I was worried as well. There were many unanswered questions I had that I did't know where to turn for the answers. These questions included: How do they handle housing?, Would I be able to make new friends?, Will I be able to fend for myself?, What if I'm just not cut out for college? These questions were constantly burning through my head and looking back now I wish I wouldn't have fretted so much. Colleges want you to succeed and do everything they can to make the transition from high school as smoothly as possible. I just hope my college experience the next two years is as great as the first two!

The best thing about Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute is the fact that the number of students that attend here is relatively small. This is a definite advantage over other, larger school because professors can offer you adequate one on one time. This is crucial if you aren't strong in a particular area because the one on one time with your professors will help you better understand it. Because the campus is smaller than most, it is a gradual step to the college life, especially if you graduated froma small school like myself.

Rewinding back to 2008-2009. Senior year. The year many people look forward to. Now since I have had a look at college I know what to expect. Harder classes, complete strangers, and studying needs to be done more frequently. Since I can go back in time there would be some advice I would give myself. One is I would tell myself to study more, I rarely studied in high school, and now in college I need to do it more often to keep up with the information that is given. If I don't study then I will fall behind and maybe fail the course. The tests need to be prepared for more because they are harder then what is given in high school. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to be me. When I was in high school everyone knew me as the shy, quiet girl. nobody knew who I really was except my friends. In real life I am the complete opposite of shy and quiet. I can be outspoken and crazy. In college I would be able to show the real me. I could start over and show the real me.

Anybody that is interested in majoring in agriculture.

It's a small campus and that there are only 2 building that classes take place in so your not walking all over campus looking for the right building.

Andrew

I would advise myself to be more prepaired for the transition and be a more knowledgable student so that I could have finished my first quarter with a higher GPA. Also to work harder on scholarships. Then i would tell my self to look forward to a good job teaching agriculture because it is absolutly what I want to do for a career .

some one who is not interested in some aspect of agriculture

April

Looking back on my life when I was a high school senior I would tell myself a lot of things. First I would tell myself "focus of school and not boys." Like most girls my age I was boy crazy! I always had to look perfect and to have perfect hair and makeup. I have learned from being in college that that is not important. Most kids roll out of bed and go to school. They don?t worry about how they dress or how they look. It is truly a more mature environment. Also I would tell myself to focus on my studies more. I always worked a part time job my entire four years of high school making sure I could save up money for college. The amount of time I missed studying for tests and quizzes in high school because I was busy working wasn?t worth the amount of money I saved for college. I could have focused on my grades and maybe received a scholarship to college and not had to constantly worry about making money for school, books, housing, food, transportation, gas, and the many things that you have to pay for in college.

I have found myself bagging to my fellow peers about college. About how the professors are so different from high school teachers, they are down to earth and you can really joke with them. Also it is SO much nicer living away from your parents! Your relationship gets better the longer you are apart but you realize how much you miss them. I know the best decision I ever made was going to college. Even though its hard going to school fulltime and work a job to pay for the next quarter, in the end it will be worth it!

Meghan

ATI is the best description of the diversity in agriculture.

ATI is the best description of the diversity in agriculture.

The one major thing that I would give myself advice on is financial aid. I wish I had taken the resources I had at my high school and my future college I would be attending. I really didn't start to educate myself in the financial part of my education til later in my freshmen year. I'm paying for my own college and my parents have helped me in filling out my FAFSA. There's so much information about loans, grants, and scholarships. I believe high school seniors need to be educated in their financial future.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be its size. I loved that it is a small technical school my freshmen year since I it was my first time being away from home. Now that I'm more comfortable about being on my own I'm looking forward to transferring to main campus in Columbus next year.

Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.