Lima, OH
Ohio State University-Lima Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Lima Campus

Ryan

I am very happy that my college experience started here at OSU Lima campus. I wanted to start at the main campus, but see in retrospect that the Lima campus was a good choice for me. I really like the small feel of this campus but also the knowledge that I can easily access the resources of the main campus. I really like how much cash I have saved by being able to live in an apartment just off campus. I can make my own meals when I want them and do laundry when I need it; all for MUCH less than I would pay living on campus. OSU Lima was a great choice for me!

Angela

In my three weeks at OSU Lima, the people there are very friendly and inviting. I easily make friends in each of my classes. No matter where I go people are laughing or smiling and enjoying their time there. Ohio State University at Lima has great people to be around. It's not like one of those quotes you read as an advertisement- it's the real deal.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not procrastinate or shrug off opportunities to fill out scholarships. I would tell myself to not give up on my dreams because I thought I could not achieve them. I would also tell myself that I would not be able to go to my dream college my freshman year, but to start filling out scholarships now because with hard work, we can achieve success. Lastly, while making my college transition, I would tell myself to not be afraid to get involved in new activities, to meet new people, and enjoy the life we have been given.

At Ohio State University Lima, I consider either the tuition or people the best thing about my school. You get a fun experience with fascinating and fun people at a very low cost compared to other public universities. And if you do need loans, you don't have to worry about going into deep debt. Who wouldn't love that?!

Titus

Don't burn yourself out by taking an overwhelming amount of credits when you first start out. Keep motivated and be sure to stay on top of an organized study program. Make sure you are sure you know what you want to major in and what classes the school is requiring. Is your major impacted or not. Have a plan, realistic goals, and dont let anybody stop you because its all worth it in the end.

Anthony

I can describe my classmates as good hearted, smart people with a good head on their shoulders.

If I were a high school senior again, the advice I would give myself is be ready to take college serious and fill out as many scholarships as possible because you will need them in the near future. I would also say that no matter what college is no joke and make the right decisions.

I would consider the best thing about my school is the learning experience and good advice I get from my professors and older classmates. I say this because getting a good learning experience will better my education in the future, and getting good advice from my professors will help me when I get to the Ohio State Columbus campus.

Ginnie

It gives you the feel of college life, with smaller classes and more one on one time. The branch campus is a lot smaller than Columbus's main campus and allows you to feel a little more at home.

I attended college classes as a senior to give myself a head start. Although, if I could I would tell myself to take even more college classes. I was worried about getting behind in both high school and college if I took on too much work, but I now know that I could have easily handled the course work and would be even more ahead today. I would also encourage myself to look into all my college options and apply for as many scholarships as possibe.

The type of person that should attend the Lima campus of OSU is someone who likes to be independent but still close to home. It is a less stressful environment and allows for more personal achievement.

If I could go back and give myself advice about what I know now, I would make sure to tell myself not to take anything for granted. College life is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore who you are and who you want to become. It is about learning new things and seeing opportunities in a different light. College is a time to make decisions that will last a lifetime and not be wasteful. I would also tell myself to relax, enjoy, and have a great time, again!

College and high school have so many different aspects. In high school, a student who is smart can just kind of float by, not have to do a lot of work, and still excel. In college, this is not the case. A student who wants to excel, must assert themselves in study time, note taking in classes, and the knowledge of each professor's requirements. There is no black and white guidelines for every class. Each professor has his own preferences, and you must learn them, along with maintaining a level of studiousness. Learn all that you can in high school, because once you get to college you wish you remembered more.

I was very dissapointed in some of the other students lack of ambition/motivation. I guess I should have known it would be like that, but I didn't. It's been hard for me to connect with other students for that reason. Other than that, things have been good!

I really appreciate how much soem of the advisors and teachers care about the students. There are many facets that are dedicated just to help a struggling student get back up on his feet.

Chase

In my time at my college, I have been able to open up and become more sociable. This was only possible to happen because of all of the friendly people who attend the college. They are eager to embrace people into their groups as long as the people are open to new ideas and bring their own opinions to the discussions. I have also learned quite a bit while I have been here. I have never been very good when it comes to English classes. I have always been at odds with my teachers in that subject. However, I had the pleasure of having a professor who broke down the conventions of writing as they were taught to me in highschool and reforming me into what I believe to be a more accomplished writer. My experiences with classical Greece and Rome has led me to pursue Classics as my minor. My father is an artist, but I didn't really inherit any of his abilities. However, I got involved with the theater department on campus and had some very pleasurable times there. Overall, I believe that this is an amazing campus.

I think that the best thing about the OSU-Lima Campus is how friendly the people are there. They are eager to accept you into a group and start up conversations, it's especially great when an entire group gets in on the discussion and everyone has a great laugh.

I think that any kind of person can get along in this school, but being sociable is a good thing. Even if a student isn't sociable, it wouldn't be terribly hard for him to make friends and get along with others.

Melissa

Ohio State is known for football. Most students attend the games regularly.

Ohio State is known for football. Most students attend the games regularly.

I have gained knowledge in all aspects of life through my college experience. My professors have opened my eyes to the world of business. When I first started college I had no clue what I wanted to do, but now I know that I want a business degree. Apart from academics I have also gained leadership and communication skills. I am able to speek my mind, ask questions, give presentations, and meet new people everyday. This will help me most of all in life because they are usful skills to have in your day to day life.

The best aspect at Ohio State-Lima is by far the atmoshpere. The class rooms are small, which makes it easy to get to know classmates and the professors. Everyone around campus is friendly and it's easy to make new friends.

Corrinne

There are many students who are driven and who desire to succeed, but there are also a lot of people who just goof off, skip class and don't have much passion about what they're doing.

I've gotten a greater sense of discipline from my college experience. I'm more devoted now to everything I do, even if I don't necessarily enjoy it. Because I have to pay my own way through college, my work ethic has gotten stronger and I'm not afraid of tough jobs. I've also become more confident in my own abilities and the fear of failure that often prevented me from doing things like entering art contests and applying for competitive scholarships has been reduced greatly. In college, I've had many great successes and a few glancing failures, and come out a stronger, more dedicated person for it. For me, the greatest lessons so far have not been learned from books or lectures, but from the new responsibilities and obligations I have as a student. I have learned so much more about myself, where I'm at now, where I want to be in the future, and how to get there. But the most valuable thing I've learned is not to be afraid of failing. Because my only true failure is when I fail to try.

As an art major, I really wish that OSU Lima had a degree program for art because the small class sizes would be perfect for someone interested in studio art, but who may need more attention from their professors.

Ohio State University-Lima Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.