Ohio State University-Main Campus Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Susan

I live on the North Campus in a quad which means that I have three roommates. My dorm has a study room which four desks, a fridge, a microwave, a tall cabinet/shelf, and a one person sofa type of chair. Near the back of the study room there is a bath that has two mirrors, a shower, a toilet, four bath rods, a sink, a small cabinet, and two shelves. Toilet paper and a trash can is provided. The bedroom has two bunk beds and four closets that each have a shelf. There are also four cubicles and eight shelves.

lol

South Campus is the way to go. Bradley and Paterson are awesome buildings, with a perfect bathroom setup (each floor has seven or eight toilet/shower combos with doors that lock, so you have privacy, but the cleaning staff maintains them; truly the best of both worlds).

Han

I hoped dorms could be bigger

I lived in Siebert Hall on south campus last year. I had a small room that I shared with one other roommate, and a communal bathroom down the hall. My floor was all girls, which I really liked. Although the actual living conditions aren't the greatest, the bonding experience is great and you make a lot of close friends. They are also remodeling a lot of the south campus dorms in the next few years, so future students will have it even better than I did!

The dorms are not one of Ohio State's bright spots. Most of the South campus dorms do not have air conditioning. Morrill Tower has air conditioning but is a farther walk from High St., which is the center of activity and where most stores are.

I lived on North Campus in a quad. There were four of us in my dorm room, and we had a bathroom, a common area, and the bedroom area with two sets of bunk beds. Our floor was mixed-gender, but the entire dorm was set up the same way. It was nice to have our own bathroom, but the space was small for four people. Regardless, it was livable! On South Campus, the dorms are mostly doubles, and I believe the floors are separated by gender with community bathrooms on each floor. Finally, there is West Campus, which is where Morrill and Lincoln Towers are located. These are 8-10 person suites, with a bathroom in each suite, and the floors are mixed gender. I have several friends who lived in Morrill Tower, and all of them loved it. One of my best friends even lived in the same suite two years in a row! I believe most of the residence halls are at least 15-20 years old, so they are not in tip-top shape, but the maintenance staff were always efficient and helpful when we needed them. My RA was great, and the majority of the dorms have front-desk staff who help with mail and security.

Zack

Housing at Ohio State can be separated into two categories- freshman dorms and upperclassman dorms. Everyone's first year at OSU comes with the least amount of housing accommodations.

Zack

The free room and board that comes with being a Resident Advisor isn't worth the trouble, says an Ohio State student.