Ohio State University-Main Campus Top Questions

What are the most popular classes offered?

With sooooo many classes offered I don't know if there are any singularly popular classes. Based on your group of friends people try to take classes they heard were easier or had good teachers. Some of the classes that I've run into that were hard to get into were classes like History of Rock and Roll, or some of the more basic history classes. The seminars are usually very popular because they are offered as a 1 time opportunity and are usually over some unconventional topic like Harry Potter. But dig around and you can find some really unique classes.

Zena

Any class by Charles Smith, who's said to be the best professor at OSU. Unless you're a senior or disabled or an honors student or an athlete (all these four categories get to schedule before the rest), you won't be able to enroll in his classes. They get filled very fast once they're offered.

Dori

Everybody loves the ASL classes, which fill up within minutes each quarter. Other contenders include "The Science of Chocolate," hip-hop dance, and a class about skydiving, which culminates in a collective group jump from a plane at the end of the term.