Ohio State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ohio State University-Main Campus

Being from Connecticut, Ohio State University was big change for me. I thought it was going to be a rough transition, but with all the facilities and opportunities on campus, I have enjoyed my time and adjusted well (at least in my opinion!). While a big school might make it seem like it would be hard to make friends, there are so many chances to involve yourself in different groups. The big school aspect also offers great diversity in class selection, but makes individualized attention difficult. You really need to thoughtfully plan your own schedules, advisors only help so much. I love going to the gym regularly, studying in the Thompson Library, and going to the coffee shops on campus to study with my friends because all these facilities are just so nice! Not to mention game days! If you like sporting events, nothing compares to OSU football. And for all the picky eaters, there are practically infinite choices of food, especially at Scott Dining hall. My favorite 'go to' is tomato soup and grilled cheese. That basically covers all the "F's" of college: Friends, Fun and Food - and a little on classes because those matter too.

Elana

I am currently a freshmen at OSU and have been struggling with getting into the groove of college life. I live in a single dorm so I don't have a roommate. Having chosen the single dorm, I can say that is probably my biggest regret. It has been really hard for me to make friends and haven't connected with anyone on my floor. Even though I haven't made any new friends, the campus itself is what allows me to enjoy my time at OSU. The dining halls are great and the libraries are beautiful. I enjoy going out on the Oval and lay out a blanket and read and study there. Although the people may not be the best, the campus sure makes up for it.

Thomas

Ohio State is a fantastic university, regardless of what path you want to pursue. There are plenty of opportunities for you to partake in whatever you like outside of the classroom as well. The professors and sports are fantastic. An overall great school

Teagan

I think that it is a really amazing school. Academics and social life is fairly balanced here, especially with the right group of people. The housing on campus for freshman is not the best, but it is definitely something that is manageable. Although it is a big school it can easily be made small and isn't too hard to figure your way around after three days or so. GO BUCKS!

Nathan

I think it is truly a wonderful school. I also believe that the dorms could be upgraded, and that the number of students on campus is becoming a bit too large for the University to handle. They have tons of opportunities for extracurriculars and even allow you to make your own based on your interests.

I love Ohio State. It's huge, but due to its size there are innumerable opportunities. There's never a lack of things to do on campus, and there are thousands of clubs and sports to join. Columbus itself is also a wonderful city. The art scene is very good, too. Whatever you like, you can find here.

Ella

I love it there. It provides a good education and all the resources I need to succeed. It is also a friendly campus with amazing and brilliant students.

Ohio State is an amazing school with many opportunities and chances to be successful. The students here are extremely welcoming as well as the professors, who actually care about their students and want to watch them succeed. It is important to get involved on campus and meet new people in college, and there are plenty of places to do that here.

Rahul

Personally, i love Ohio State. If i am being unbiased, the school isn't ranked insanely highly, but it is still a great institution. It has a huge alumni base, a huge sports fan base, and enough students and outlets to enjoy any aspect of life. I love it here, but it could be too big for some people. I'd say, if you're thinking about coming here, visit!

Georgina

I really enjoy my time on campus. I was first nervous about attending such a huge campus but I have come around to love it. Although the class size may seem overwhelming, recitation classes are a lot smaller which is very helpful. The professors are always willing to help if you are willing to reach out to them.

Ahmadou

The Ohio State University is one of the best colleges in the State of Ohio and nationwide. its low cost tuition and campus size make the university more affordable for low income students in the states. overall, i give it a 5 stars.

Alador

I personally love this school both for its academics and campus life. The material you learn is challenging but teachers, and often times other students, are very willing to help! Plus, the gyms are awesome! There is something for every type of person at this campus.

Bernadette

I love how large campus is, there is absolutely something for everyone and all types of people all over. If there is something that you want to pursue or find more information on, there is definitely someone at Ohio State that you can talk to, no matter how niche it may seem.

Yifan

The OSU is a very united campus. Everyone here loves this school. Students here make me feel the sense of belonging. People love study, but they are still willing to take time to join the activities. Making friends is the most happiest thing here ever!

Matthew

The Ohio State University Columbus Campus is an awesome place! I’m from a very small town in Vermont, where my high school class was 70 students. The adjustment to a huge campus and city was difficult for me originally, but I love it. Being a sports fan, football games in the fall are a must! Seats are amazing, and a steal at $34. For basketball, students get seats right behind the benches for $10. The rest of the sporting events on campus are free to students! Academically, the teachers are amazing. While chemistry is certainly a challenge, the professors do their best to make it possible for students to succeed if they work hard enough. Every professor I’ve had has said they will respond to emails within 48 hours, but the majority of the time they will respond to you within a few hours. On-campus housing has been amazing. My first year, my RA was amazing and did a great job helping me adjust to campus. My second year, I met a few of my best friends because I was fortunate enough to live on the same floor as them! Lastly, I’ve found that there are clubs and groups for literally any interest, all you have to do is look for it! Overall, I couldn’t be happier I chose to spend my undergraduate years at THE Ohio State University.

Brennan

It's a great school, the Ohio state buckeyes are the greatest hit! The students there are fun to hang out with and the classes there are actually enjoyable. I think more people should consider joining Ohio State University. The areas around the campus are easily accessible and walking distance.

Alexis

It is the most beautiful place on the planet. Packed with 4 state of the art gyms, beautiful buildings both new and old, incredible facilities for resources, studying, and other academic activities. There are endless clubs and groups that can be joined, for any niche or interest. There are always resources available to help students who need it. The morale and environment is unbeatable, beautiful, warm and welcoming. Even walking to and from class, there is plenty to see. There's always something to do. An entire city is minutes from your reach. Galleries, salons, restaurants, bars, clubs, libraries, everything. Within minutes. Ohio State is the greatest school on earth.

Grace

I’m very pleased with the school; the facilities are great and easily accessible for students. The school’s size makes it easy to meet all types of people from many different areas. I think the campus is really nice as well; you have everything you need within walking distance.

Alissa

I love tOSU!! It is hard to find a school that is ranked as highly as we are in academics AND athletics. There's a really strong sense of pride and community. The academic rigor prepares you well for graduate and pre-professional programs. Being a research school, there are so many opportunities for students to get involved in research as an undergrad!

Grace

The Ohio State University has been my number one choice for a college since I was little. I have always admired the campus atmosphere and all of the students and faculty on the campus. There is always something happening and there are many clubs and activities to participate in. Additionally, even though it is a very large campus, you can always find things easily and there is always someone around to help. The level of education and research at the college is top level and I am extremely proud to be a buckeye.

Keshab

People say its a party school, but when I went to visit the school, students were more focused on learning than parties. Although, I do have some friends who attend the campus and I see them party around on weekend. I am admitted to the Ohio State University for the fall of 2019 and I do not plan to party at all.

cameron

The campus is very nice! There are always intellectual motivated students on campus. At OSU every student wants to make a difference. The campus is warming. For example every so often a student will get stressed, Another student or staff will assure the student everything is ok. All of the individuals at this school are humble, kind, and generous.

CJ

I may be a bit biased, but I'm convinced that The Ohio State University is the best school ever. Every facility is modern, well-maintained, and full of friendly and helpful staff. There is a very strong academic culture that's always on display at our exceptional libraries, but there are also plenty of fun ways to relax and unwind on and off campus. There's a very strong sense of community here at The Ohio State University that shows from the football games to our many clubs and groups available to join on campus. It's always a good day when you're a Buckeye!

Adam

I've had a very good experience at Ohio State. I felt as though the above questions about intellectual conversation, drug/party life, greek life, and extracurricular activities were a little irrelevant because this school is so large that anyone's experience at Ohio State can be whatever they make of it.

Manuel

It is a great campus with amazing facilities and staff. I’m so proud to be part of this university. The sports facilities are awesome and also we have our own aiport for students like me that the major is Air Transportation. We can find many places to eat nearby and the buildings are in a good condition. I would say that the most I like from the infrastructure is the fact that is a historical campus.

Alexia

The Ohio State University offers a keen aspect of Diversity and Inclusion to its students through the multitude of diverse organizations the student body partakes in. The Ohio State University provides a welcoming sensation from its staff and its services and promotes an atmosphere where all students feel included and safe to express themselves and also provide a wealthy experience to many students and their families by transferring knowledge and connecting them to The Buckeye community.

Alyssa

Ohio State is an amazing place to attend college. The tradition the the school is built on is evident as soon as you step on campus. Being such a large campus, there are so many opportunities for you to find your niche. It is a great place to learn and the professors do truly care as long as you get in touch with them. The classes are sometimes large, so you have to make sure your professor knows who you are. I am extremely proud to tell people I am a Buckeye.

Richard

I was extremely saddened with the intolerable view points of the student body. All the students I talked to were stuck in their views and refused to engage in real conversation and discussion.

Mikayla

I didnt know what to expect when I got to Ohio State University on move in day. I had yet to get my housing assignment because I was so late on applying. Move in day was very put together and I immediately felt like I belonged on campus. Most of the other students are really friendly and all of the staff that I have met are very caring and sweet. The class sizes aren't too big, depending on what class you're taking. The food on campus is AMAZING and there's so many different options on and off campus. Overall, I absolutely love it here and I recommend that students who get in, come here!

Abigail

The defining feature of The Ohio State University is its school spirit. Both students and alumni are proud to attend, and it provides a network of connections that will follow you through life. During fall semester, football becomes a way of life. It is a large campus, which means that there are so many unique people that you have the opportunity to meet. Its size also allows for involvement in activities that pertain to almost any interest. The downside of its large size is that it can be difficult to gain individual attention in most GE classes. My General Chemistry lectures, for example, contained 300 people, so there wasn’t individualized instruction and the students were required to teach themselves. Some people are intimidated by the size of the student body, but joining student organizations or learning communities help to make campus a smaller place.

Sakshi

The Ohio State University is a home away from home. It isn't just a college- it is a 4 year experience that represents one with an opportunity to learn, grow and experience along the way. Besides its excellent academic opportunities, Ohio State provides with various out-of-school experiences that truly help students discover themselves and network with like-minded people. Overall, Ohio State is an amazing University and may just be the best Public 4-year college in U.S.

Molly

GO BUCKS

Josie

The Ohio State University-Main Campus has surprised me by how academically professional and how nice and highly spoken the entire campus and faculty and student body are. i visited last summer and have returned multiple times since then due to the fact that it had given me such a good feeling about the campus the first time that I was there.

Kelsey

I love the sense of community on and off campus. Columbus is a great city with different opportunities and new every day experiences. There are also plenty of student-lead activities to be involved in, and everyone will find something that truly interests them.

Makenzie

When I first stepped foot on campus I had no idea that it soon would become my home. Ohio State is more than just a school, it is a community. I have not only learned inside the classroom with amazing professors, but I have discovered myself outside the classroom. The energy in the air every day is inspiring and hopeful. I am excited to wake up and start a brand new day full of discovering unique opportunities. I have been able to travel and meet new people from all different walks of life. The Ohio State University has allowed me to explore and take risks; I could not have gotten this amazing experience anywhere else. I really do bleed scarlet and gray.

Shelby

It has a great learning atmosphere, a beautiful campus, and the people, students and faculty alike, are great. The football team is very well-known and talented and the Horshoe is awe-inspiring. I hope when I have children, they consider attending Ohio State.

Sydney

I recommend my school to everyone, but especially for those who enjoy the atmosphere of a larger campus. You also need to be motivated to reach out to professors since classes are larger, which is another factor to consider when choosing to go there. Overall though, the facilities are well kept, updated, and professors are continually bringing us the newest info that they have and the best resources we can gain access to.

Collin

In terms of campuses that provide a perfect balance of academic and student life, Ohio State is the place to be. The teachers are incredible in terms of their availability during class and also outside of classroom as well. Although the campus size may be a bit daunting, you get used to it quickly. 10/10 would recommend.

I honestly love Ohio State. The atmosphere is amazing, and everyone is very focused on doing their best. This makes it easier to learn, because you feel like you aren't alone in trying to succeed. The campus is beautiful. There are seemingly unlimited resources.

Sara

THE Ohio State University is a great institution that is more than just it’s football team. Majority of Ohio State students are committed to succeeding academically which results in competitive nature in certain majors. Despite this, I have loved my time so far here at tOSU and have finally grown to call it my home. From Saturday morning football games, to passing by shining lights of the glorious clock tower on north campus, my experience here has been better than I could have every expected. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a big school with lots going on everyday. I mean it when I say you will never be bored. Ohio State will be the best decision of your life. Go Buckeyes!!

Mavis

I love OSU. The rides does are great and the academic advisors want you to succeed There are student study groups often held at least one a week to help student deliberate on courses that the struggle with and that is a huge deal for me. There are a lot of homework as well. They keep us busy.

Mariah

I enjoy being apart of the community on campus, and am glad that I chose to attend. There are many opportunities all the students can participate in and I am glad that I can have so many options and activities to choose from, whether that be joining a club or applying for study abroad.

Chinyere

I had a good experience. My professors were very helpful with my course work and future career opportunities. I am a fashion major, so my core classes were smaller. But it was great because its easier to make friends in class and get to know your professors. The curriculum is very business and retail related. There is always something to do on campus for extracurricular activities, from clubs, to sports, and free concerts. And, who doesn't love going to the Buckeye games?

Jesse

Love it! I have met some of my best friends here. There is always something to do around here! classes can be challenging but if you meet professors during their office hours you will do fine! Academic level is very high here, but do not let that intimidate you ! APPLY TO BE A BUCKEYE

Kaleigh

The University is very welcoming and supportive of all students. If there are any issues, they seem open to discussing the problems. However, I and other classmates have experienced some disappointment with some of the classes (but that could just be an issue in my department), where professors do not always put in a lot of work into the curriculum. Overall, I enjoy it here at OSU!

Chloe

For my overall opinion, the Ohio State University-Main Campus is very interesting. They have various resources for academics, sports, clubs and activities. The campus seems pretty busy everyday, there's always somethings to do, so you can never say the experience is boring. The students are quiet, tall, heavily influenced and compassionate about what they learn from their teachers or throughout their experience. The staff is nice and kind, constant of what of they help students, visitors, and others.

Ryhan

i love the school . It is my dream school

Benjamin

It is an honor to have been accepted as a student at Ohio State Main Campus. It is a world class school with so many opportunities both academically and socially. My classes are very challenging but I have loved my first year on campus. The population is very diverse and I have met many new friends and acquaintances.

Allison

OSU is one of my favorite places, ever. I haven't met anyone rude or inconsiderate, and there are several groups that push for educating fellow students on problems such as climate change, discrimination, safety on campus, financial burdens, and more. The amount of opportunities to learn, grow, or just have fun is incomprehensible.

Katherine

The Ohio State University has been my dream post-secondary school ever since I first heard of and seen it when I was younger and did everything I could to make sure I got in. Coming in as a freshman on campus my hopes were not dissipated: the professors clearly love their work and will work alongside you if they see that you are willing to put in the effort, there are numerous resources on campus to ensure students/faculty remain in peak physical and mental condition, and there are many organizations students can join in to make new professional connections or lasting friendships. Having completed my first year here at the university I would highly recommend it to those interested in pursuing a STEM major- as OSU is first and foremost a research establishment- or to those interested in making connections with those established in their respective fields and overall wanting to enjoy the college lifestyle to the fullest. Attending college, no matter where it is, is an investment, and you get out of it what you put in.