Mansfield, OH
Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus

I think it is a great school if you wish to live at home for the first year then to transfer down to the main campus. They have a great campus and built new dorms for the school. They have great academics all the while being the best academic for all over the state of Ohio.

Nolan

Overall, it is a great campus. It is a great start before transitioning to the main campus. The class sizes are small, the professors are great, and the campus is easily accessible. The professors are very open to anything and if you open up with them, they will be very helpful! It is great for someone who wants to ease into the college experience without being intimidated of it.

kristen

The Ohio State University is compelling and always offers new ways of learning and great experiences for the students while also providing the best material to allow for the greatest success after graduation.

The Ohio State University is best known for it ability to ensure that all the students can interact and find something they are interested in while also offering a great education making learning fun.

I would tell myself to start saving money and applying for scholarships EARLY. Also i would tell myself to loosen up and have more fun; don't work all the time and not do anything fun during school and during the summer, don't just head straight home after school because you don't want to be there and just stay a while and interact with your peers or have a one on one with a teacher, and most importantly, don't only care about the grade. School isnt just about getting that A or passing the final. Its about learning real life skills and making friends because i have found that in the real world, no one cares about where you ranked in your class; they care about how well you can adapt to the world without your teacher or parents doing everything for you. And finally, no matter how much you want to "grow up" stay a kid and be a bit immature because after graduation and during college, those free-spirited memories can help get you through the day.

Dan

Compared to most schools I have visited during high school, OSU-Mansfield is smaller and has the feel of being a high school. This being said, it is a great place to attend classes because the smaller student-to-teacher ratio shows that each teacher is prepared to give each of their students the focus and help the student needs.

Honestly, the only advice I would give to myself would be "make friends with as many people as possible." I say this because I found that having a lot of friends was very helpful with dealing with studying, issues of loneliness, and making it through the semester.

Honestly, I think the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is one who is looking for in-depth major courses because OSU-Mansfield has mainly general education classes and not many major affiliated classes. This is because the majority of students at OSU-Mansfield transfer to the Columbus campus after their first year.

Jasmine

It's regional campus. It's in a small town.

It's regional campus. It's in a small town.

Get involved early. Stay on top of things. Don't skip class. Schedule classes late in the day.

It's peaceful and beatiful in the fall. There are small clases.

Olena

"Be prepared! College classes are tough!" - I would say to myself. When I was in high school, I didn't have any problems with my classes. From Trigonometry to Literature - all high classes were easy to me. They do not require student to work the material over at home in order to succeed. Rather they were made to bring a general understanding of a subject for those students who might not continue their education after high school. College level classes, however, are different. They are hard and thorough. Many students, including me, learned it the hard way. In the first year of college I expected a high school level, and I didn't invest enough of my time to study for each course well enough. As a result, I had to study nights before tests to get a good grade, and I often didn't get the desired grade anyway. Right now I am doing well in my classes. I am getting A's for most of my classes. However, the GPA score of 3.5 still reminds me of the mistake I did in the beginning.

Ryan

If I could go back in time and have a pep talk with myself about the preparation and transition to college, I would educate myself about the importance of grades and attendance instead of what I’m doing for the weekend. Stressing the importance of GPA and major test scores would be a major factor into school and career choices. Educating myself that sometimes the sacrifice of going out with friends for time studying, or applying that extra time to test prep could make all the difference for the future. Life is all about sacrifice, and there is no tougher sacrifice in life than putting everything aside and dedicating yourself to school because nothing will get your further in life then possessing knowledge. There are millions of children attending school every day of every year, and you need to set yourself apart when it comes time for an employer or university to make a decision of acceptance or just another name in a stack of papers that goes nowhere, hard work and dedication is the only road to success. The choices aren’t easy or everybody would know the way, that’s what makes it such an adventure.

Tyler

My college experience this year wasn't the college experience that I had imagined for myself at any point during high school. I had always imagined myself attending either Rutgers, the university my parents attended, or a small college in the northeast. This year, I attended Houston Community college. HCC isn't Rutgers, it isn't small with over 50,000 students, and it isn't in the northeast. Despite the differences between what I expected for this year and what I got, I had a great experience. I was able to participate in the honors program, and I met some of the most interesting and intelligent people I have known through that program. My advice to my high school self is to be more open minded with my college search. There are great colleges and universities to attend and great experiences to be had all over the country, and even more importantly, there are people from whom I can learn all over the country. This has broadened my horizons for my college search, and though I will be attending the University of Virginia next year, I applied to schools I hadn't imagined attending at this time last year.

Alexis

I would tell myself to follow my gut & to not go to the art school I went to. I would explain that I enjoy helping others too much to be able to justify making art as my profession as opposed to helping out children that are growing up like I did: disabled, socially awkward & depressed. I would also tell myself that though things are very bad right now, they WILL get better. In under ten years, I will have a loving family of my own & will have many friends. I would tell myself that my hardwork & determination will get me far and to use my short comings to my advantage. The main thing that I would want to tell myself is to start loving myself so that I can strive through-out the rest of high school. I am not going to lie, it is hard living with what I have & that I will get depressed and down on myself still but every day I see my life getting better even if it is in the slightest ways such as flowers blooming in my garden outside of my apartment in one of the worst areas in Providence, RI.

Joshua

I really appreciate OSU's willingness to try to include as many students as possible. I like that for the early part of my degree program, I could study my general course work while living in my home town. I may have found it much harder to trasition back into school had I gone to a much larger campus that is one hour away from my home. OSU offers several different campuses and the tuition is much less expensive on the smaller campuses.

Some days I wish I could go back and talk to my younger self, other times I appreciate the fact that sometimes there is just no better way to learn other than doing or failing a task. I don't think I would tell my self that moving across the country in a days notice was a bad idea, nor would I tell myself that I should have gotten back to school earlier. I learned a lot about myself in the two years that I took off from college, and I would never give the knowledge or experiences back. On the other hand, I would go back and tell myself, "have a great time and discover yourself , but prepare for the fact that you will go back eventually" . I would have told myself that I needed to play when it was appropriate, but work hard in class instead of goofing off. Finacially, I regret not working so hard to get scholarships. My family made very little when I was in high school so I assumed I was going to get help with my tuition. I never anticipated my parents incomes rising, or their unwillingness to help. So over just PREPARE!

I love the staff at the branch of the University that I attend. I have taken classes at other colleges and the professors at Mansfield OSU are by far some of the greatest educators out there. They also have the advantage of small classes which makes the engagement with the professors much more genuine and personal. I find it much easier to learn when I have a personal connection with my professor. It's reassuring that they want me there when they call me by name if I have a question or answer to a question asked.

Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.