Newark, OH
Ohio State University-Newark Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Newark Campus

If I could go back to my high school self and give myself any advice, it would be to save all of my money that I possibly could. When I look back on my high school life, it was all about getting paid then going out and going shopping and spending my entire paycheck. I know now how hard it really is to pay for school, and as the Fall semester approaches, I'm having to scramble around for money for tuition. It's not easy growing up and taking on more responsibilities, and the cost of college tuition reminds me everyday that I should have been more responsible at a younger age. I'd tell my younger self to ignore what everyone else is doing with their money, and to save it all, anyway. Even if it means missing out on going to the movies or having new clothes. Those things aren't worth what a lifetime of having an education is worth.

William

Spend as much time on scholarships as you can, and allow an allotted time of studying and leisure. Balancing work and social life is a key to staying focused and sane throughout the course of school. Organize your notes for each subject based on what you think may be on the exams. If at any point finances get frustrating and distracting from the whole reason you are in school, talk with counselors and the financial aid office to design a plan for peace of mind.

Someone whom is interested in a small campus in a small city. Not interested in a lot of partying but has a clear focus getting through thier class work to achieve thier degree goals.

Katherine

Our school is best known for being a great alternative to The Ohio State University main campus. Many students choose to go here because it is so convenient, has great teachers, offers a variety of classes, and is smaller than the Columbus campus. I enjoy being able to get the same great education, and being a part of Ohio State, while being on a smaller campus with a more personal feel.

The best thing about my school is the campus and the class sizes. Our campus is located in a great area, and is not too busy. There is a bike path for walking that goes around the campus. The class sizes are also great. On average, I have classes of about 25-35 students. The teachers get to know the students on a personal level which I really enjoy.

Casey

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to go on and pursue what seemed like the impossible at that time. To always believe in myself and realize that if I make a mistake, that is perfectly okay, normal and that I will eventually succeed. If I could, I would go back and listen to what my teachers said with a sound ear. A lot of them definitely provided some of the best advice and knowledge that one doesn’t truly understand until growing up. I would remind myself of all of the strengths and beauties I possessed because sometimes peers can try to make you forget those things and you can lose your true self once you make the transition into college. Most of all, I would tell myself how proud I was of me back then. You don’t truly appreciate yourself until you’ve lived a little.

Nathan

It's a small campus that feels very comfortable, fits a surprising variety of courses, and seems to be very well staffed with instructors who are personally interested in the work of their students.

I would tell myself to relax and have faith in my abilities. Experience has shown me that the period of time before the first midterm or essay in a class should be taken very seriously until I gain a real rhythm for the class. After I determine what the instructor is looking for in his or her students, then I can relax and narrow my studies to the pertinent material. I would also tell myself to gain a good rapport with instructors when possible. A large amount of information can be gleaned from personal conversations, especially when it is directly a part of my major and made easier by the fact that I have a very wide range of interests. Most importantly, I would have told myself to begin my hobby as a professional wrestler. No matter how stressful school or work has been, the confidence a successful hobby instills has been indispensible and motivates me to excel in all areas with creativity and a good attitude. School is hard and demands commitment but sacrificing too much personal joy is the reason I became burnt out and quit for several years.

Mary

My school is known to have have some of the best programs in the world, which is also why we are know for diversity. Also, we are known for our great sports programs and active clubs.

My college experience has taught so many valuable lessons, and it has made me appreciate my opportunities and how lucky I am. I have learned that my future relies on how well I push myself now, which has made me buckle down and take every bit of school seriously, unlike many people I have observed. Also, it has given me a broader perspective of how much things really do cost. This has taught me to save well and to be money conscious at all times.

People who want a good education, but struggle for money, as well as people who did not do good on the ACT or SAT, but have a high GPA. Also, if someone wanted a degree from a well known school, but doesnt like a big campus, Newark is nice, small and quiet. The convenient thing about OSU Newark is that all the classes transfer to main campus in Columbus. So even if you can get into the Columbus campus, I recommend saving up some money here. They are the same classes, but cheaper!

I've gained so much knowledge from my experience at college. My major has allowed me to take so many different interesting psychology and sociology classes. I've learned about so many hardships that individuals and families face. Learning about the various hardships has made me only want to work harder to earn my degree, so that I can help people in any way I can. The professors I have encountered have only pushed me and encouraged me to take my education as far as I can. The community college I attend has been very helpful in giving me a stepping stone to pursue my education at a higher level. At the encouragement from my professors and by my own determination I plan to pursue my masters degree!

Keith

I know that college is an important to aid in acheiving a succesful career. So far, my college experience has given me advanced knowlege that I did not previously posess and has been valuable because I could not get into my field of study without it.

The Ohio State University - Newark offers students who plan to transfer to The Ohio State University (main campus) a chance to start at Newark (most everyone is accepted) and transfer to the main campus after they have completed 45+ credit hours. I just got out of the Marine Corps and OSU-N accepted my addmisions request 2 month before fall quart started, offering me a chance to begin college immediately after coming off of active duty.

I have been at the school for 6 weeks and have not noticed anything that I do not like.

Annissia

My classmates are very diverse and ambitious.

My classmates are very diverse and ambitious.

So far my college experience has definately been a learning experience, and it hasn't always been easy. I was not taking full advantage of my various academic success options throughout the beginning of the year. I've learned from things that I've done things that I am able to do better. I've learned that being scared to ask for help, only hinders me in the end. My experience thus far has given me so much information that I can share with my younger siblings to help them be better prepared when they enter college. It has been valuable to me that I attend college because it is preparing me for my adult life, and the challenges it will bring. College is helping me to become more succesful and more tactful in all that I do, and it is also putting me in a position to reach my future goal of becoming a teacher. Without me attending college, I would not be able to recieve the degrees and lisences needed for me to become a teacher. I also would not be as prepared as I could be to lead and educate the next generation to success.

I wish I knew more people, as far as administrators because the teachers and administrators at Ohio State University-Newark Campus offer a lot of information that would've been more useful towards the beginning of the academic year as opposed to the end.

Aaron

I have garnered much thus far. I moved from San Bernardino California in late July, and began attending college in Spring. This experience has taught me self-sufficency, general time management and grit needed for the future. School itself... I have learned somehwhat whimsical information that is essentially "cultural capital" in a Classics class, and the differing way that society is broken up in modern society, and the manner by which society can be changed.

Small class size and teachers who enjoy their profession makes for an enjoyable experience.

Paper work need be shared with main campus which requires mailing on occasion.

Ohio State University-Newark Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.