Ohio State University-Newark Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ohio State University-Newark Campus

Myana

It's a great school to start out at! The size of the campus is so convenient, campus is really nice during the warmer seasons, and people are friendly but its hard to make friends unless you already know them. Most of the professors are pretty cool, its just like any other university just smaller. You will get the same education as OSU main campus just in a smaller setting. OSU Newark for me was the best decision with saving as much money as possible! Sometimes it can get a bit boring, but if you are looking for somewhere to focus on learning, and not partying, activities, organizations than this school is right for you.

Gabriella

I like the campus as a whole. But having grown up in Newark my whole life, it gets a bit boring and monotonous. Most people transfer to main campus by their junior year which is definitely what I am doing as Newark doesn't offer my major. Wish there was more going on. it's hard to make friends and meet new people because most of us will be out of there come a year or two.

Leticia

When talking about education the Newark campus overall is a good place to go to school. The professors are well educated, pretty good teachers and accessible. Advisors are accessible but you have to schedule weeks in advance sometimes to see an advisor which sucks in cases of emergencies. The dorms are nice but most students prefer getting apartments because it's cheaper. There's not much to do in Newark but student life tries to come up with weekly activities on campus and some students attend. Newark is not a party school so many of us go to Columbus on weekends to party, back home or other universities. If I were you, I would come to Newark for my first year or two but then transfer to the Columbus campus which is what most students here do.

Brittney

The class sizes are small and so is the campus. All the buildings are in a circle and nothing is hard to find. The professors know you by name and are always willing to help no matter what the problem is or how long it takes. They are always willing to be available when you need them. They are very supportive and honestly want to see you achieve and prosper.

Morgan

I think it was a great start for me personally, until I move onto Columbus Campus next year. It was a good transition for me from high school to college. It also is still apart of Ohio State without being thrown into the huge Columbus Campus. The professors are great and really care about the students. The class sizes are also small and makes it easier to learn. The campus itself is gorgeous and takes my breath away even on rainy days. It is a good town and not a lot of crime happens in Newark. If I could stay at OSUN for one more year I would. I would totally recommend to anyone who wants to go to OSU but does not want to start at Columbus campus.

Jorden

My overall opinion of this campus is that I love it. The class sizes are not too small and not too big. All the services that a provided and are readily available. The professors have readily available office hours to be there if help is needed. The campus itself is small enough not to get too lost by walking to class. Overall, I love this campus and everything it has for me.

Emiliana

The campus is very quiet, especially on the weekends and there is not a whole lot to do off campus. There are a lot of opportunities to get on campus jobs and the employers work around your school schedule. The classes are individualized and most of the professors know all of their students!

brandon

It is a small and affordable campus. Because the classes are small, you have more one on one with the professors. You build many friendships with the people around you. The professors really care that you are doing good in their class. This is a good campus to start from.

Madison

Although I have only been at the Newark campus a semester, it is an overall nice campus with nice small sized classes. Although I would love if I would be closer too. There are a lot of opportunities there for academic s and Ohio State is committed to education. Ohio State is a very spirited school, which I also love.

Maddie

The class sizes, academics, and availability of the professors are great. However, since it is a commuter school, there is no sense of community and hard to feel connected. Finding people who are interested in the same things you are and clubs that actually have numerous people join them is difficult.

Bridgette

The Ohio State University-Newark Campus is quite impressive. As a student that was placed in the Newark campus after being denied acceptance to the Columbus Campus, I was pleasantly surprised. My class sizes are comfortable with no more than 30 students in one class. My professors are amazing at keeping up with their office hours, suggesting tutoring opportunities, and suggesting resources on campus to help my studies. The physical campus is definitely small but therefore easy to navigate. The campus is very conscience about up keep and is being cleaned daily. Most students who attend the campus are those who are denied access to main, however we eventually grow to appreciate the opportunity to attend the Newark Campus. Overall, the educators are very interested in helping students, the students are dedicated to learning, and the physical campus is appealing.

Noah

Newark campus is a good stepping stone if you want to go to Columbus, but it's not much more than that. The campus, classes, and buildings are small. It's affordable, and the professors are top-notch. There are few opportunities for campus involvement.

Melissa

This is a great, small, regional campus. The class sizes are small and the professor takes the time to get to know his or her students. There are a lot of opportunities on this campus. There are plenty of student organizations for students to choose to become involved with, there are student employment opportunities in many departments, and there is always something to do on campus.

Pruthvi

Ohio State University-Newark Campus is another home to me. At home I see my family and friends and we all talk and learn something new everyday. At OSU Newark, it is the same thing. Everyday I go to OSU Newark and see my friends and professors. Just like at home, I talk to my friends and professors and learn somehting new. Everyday is a new and exciting day on campus and I am proud to be a Buckeye.

RaiShauna

If you are looking for diversity, an active on campus/off campus culture, and a bunch of activities, this is not the campus for you. I recommend this regional Ohio State campus to people who enjoy smaller classroom sizes (20-40 students), with plenty of chances for one on one professor to student time, to complete your general education credits, this is the campus for you.

Taireonna

The tutution of the college is much cheaper and has smaller classrooms. This way u can connect and actually have a chance at learning . Personally I really like the smaller classes because I feel like I am able to have all the time I need to learn. I can be more successful in school

Sydney

I love the community and everyone bleeds red & gray which I absolutely love. They have a great gym and the average class size is around 25 which I love because it would be harder to concentrate in huge classes. The professors seem to care a lot about the students. The library could use some work. They don't have very much on-campus housing.