Ohio University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Ohio University-Main Campus

The diversity in my school as well as very knowledgable faculty members. Although my major in particular is suffering with overwhelming amounts of students and low faculty numbers, the professors that are available really know their area of study. Almost all the professors I have been acquianted with have shown much enthusiasm in their teachings as well. This allows to students to be attentive during class times and become interested/knowledgable during and after taking the class. The diversity amongst the students and teachers allows students to become more culturally aware and accepting.

Unfortunately, we are best known for being one of the biggest party school is America and for having the biggest Halloween Party. I am not going to lie, the Halloween Party is fun and entertaining and our Fests are a guarenteed good time, but there are plenty of other things to do on campus. Don't think just because you don't drink you cannot come to Ohio University. We have midnight movies on the weekends and comedians that come in weekly. There is always something to do here!

My school is best known for academics and research. It is a commonly held notion that Ohio University is a huge party school, but I would like to say that we are no bigger a party school than any other college or university. However, while we do hold that title, the students here still maintain good grades and do alot of great things after graduation which shows that Ohio Univerisity offers quality education and the students here are determined and focused.

Ohio University is known for outstanding education for its students. It is also known for that small town feeling. Some people think of it as a "party school", however I personally don't agree with that. It is a fun place to be but is also a safe place to be. You have to be adult enough to make good choices when you are attending a college. There are plenty of activities to do that are both safe and fun.

Ohio University is well-known for being the first university created in the state of Ohio in 1804. Also, it is the oldest universty in the Northwest Territory and the ninth oldest public university in the United States. The fourth president of this school, William Holmes McGuffey, is known for the McGuffey Readers, which was the first widely used book to help children learn how to read.

Ohio University is sadly best-known for the partying that takes place on campus. However, they do have great academic programs and very inspirational professors. I have been accepted to the University of Cincinnati and plan to go there this fall to pursue architecture and biomedical engineering, but for now I am getting some general classes out of the way at this wonderful university.

It?s partying, but really, I think there is a lot more to the OU campus than the binge drinking of some. It?s a place where you can strike up conversations with complete strangers in coffee shops and make life long friends, where your views can be challenged and expanded by the wealth of diversity despite the fact it is a small school, and for the beautiful scenery that surrounds you.

Unfortunatly, OU is best known for its party school reputation. More often than not, I am asked about the party scene than my academic experience - even on job interviews! While the university is trying hard to rid itself of this reputation, I think a better course of action would be to focus more on the academics where it would cast a shadow over the less than flatering reputation.

Not the football team, that's for sure! I would have to say that OU is best known for its Marching 110, the Most Exciting Band in the Land! Students go to the football games just for the halftime show. OU is also known for its Scripps College of Journalism (rated in the Top 20 of the US) and is also known for its incredible Music Therapy program, which not many schools offer.

My school is best known for being a "party" school. But, truthfully if you aren't into that knid of thing there is so much more offered at Ohio University. I am not a big "party"er and there is so much for me to do. Between school work and spending time with friends I am always occupied. This school should be best known for having something for everyone.