Ohio University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Ohio University-Main Campus

When I talk to my friends about Ohio University, I always mention the great atmosphere of the school. This is in part to the beautiful school buildings and brick roads throughout the Appalachain town of Athens. It's almost like stepping back through time in a sense. But this atmosphere goes way beyond the small town physicalities. There is also a feeling of genuine friendship among students. From the classroom to block parties, everyone seems to be interested in making friends and having a good time with however may be around, be it friend or stranger.

Ohio University has a BEAUTIFUL campus. Sports aren't a huge deal, students always have school spirit and attend sports such as basketball, volleyball and football. We are the 5th ranked party school in the nation. Even though we are known for our drinking, our academic standings are through the roof as well, "Smart Drunks." When it's nice out, students crowd the lawns and paths playing music, cornhole, football, or just laying on a blanket talking to your friends. OU never seems as big as it really is, its easy to fit in and become apart of the family.

When I talk to my friends I usually brag about the atmosphere here at Ohio University. I would say around 80% of the students here are completely friendly. People hold doors open, say thank you, say excuse me, and use great manners. Everyone is a friend to everyone. A stranger will help someone when they see they slip on the ice or drop all their belongings. The people present at this school are awesome and I know for a fact that I have made friendships with some people that is going to last a lifetime.

The jouralism and communication school at Ohio University, Scripps, is consistently ranked one of the best in the country. I feel great bragging about it because the university is a state school and I know I am getting just as good of an education as I would have attending a more pricey institution. One of the most interesting parts about the school is that students in Scripps arrive expecting to compete. In fact, it is largely the students that push each other to do bigger and better things.

I love the campus at Ohio University. It is rural yet almost a small city. I have many new friends since coming here. I come from a really small community. It is the first time I was ever away from home,so,it was really a challenge to be away from my family so far. I have learned to take care of myself. I tell everyone how friendly the other students are here. It is really easy to make friends and adapt to your new surroundings. It is small yet still has the feeling of community.

My school is easy-going, and known for it's weekend party life, and it's something I've gained a lot of social experience and great memories from. Also, Athens is a quaint and beautiful college town placed in the middle of absolute nowhere. My friends are always impressed by how "college-like" OU seems. However, I'm a journalism major in the very competitive Scripps School, and it's something I'm really proud of, and tend to boast most about in regards to my school.

I brag about the beautiful campus. There are so many trees everywhere and red brick builings. It feels like you are in a completely different place than what most of us are used to. This is probably the absolute most beautiful campus I have ever set foot on. There are so many beautiful little paths to go everywhere and anywhere on campus. It is very relaxing finding a nice quite area outside to study and do homework. I absolutly love this campus.

I tell my friends a lot about the friends I have and the extracurricular groups I'm in. My school has lots of clubs and groups to choose from, and every group is accepting of new people. I've found many groups that suit a variety of my interests. I also brag about my classes, since I am able to do well in them and I am taking classes I enjoy. Also, I've made many wonderful friends here that I know I will keep for a lifetime.

I brag about the rich environment. The professors are always an email away. They make students feel as though they truly care about our education; not just in it for the money. Another thing that is worth mentioning are the animals. On any given day, squirrels can be seen running around campus. Also, every once in a while, one can see grounghogs, chipmunks and even bunnies. It is just an amazing place to live and learn.

I love everything about this school. The thing I love the most is the campus. The location is great. It is honestly in the middle of no where and I wouldn't have it any other way. Anyone that graduates from here has Athens withdrawal for a long while. There is such a strong sense of community here. It is great to see so many familiar faces on a regular basis. I would recommend Ohio University to anyone!