Ohio University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Ohio University-Main Campus

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The major stereotype about Ohio University is that we're one of the biggest, if not THE biggest (I believe there was some sort of vote on that at one point), party school in the country. Supposedly the students here get drunk just about every night of the week. Part of this comes from the annual Halloween party on Court Street, which I've heard is one of the largest block parties in the nation, somewhere up there close to Mardi Gras or something (which definitely sounds far-fetched, in my opinion). And I suppose that because of our party school rep, we are also perceived as being a somewhat less than intelligent, or, to be more blunt, stupid. Another, separate reputation we have is that Athens is one of the most haunted places, because of The Ridges, which used to be an insane asylum and which is now a part of the campus.

When I tell people that I go to Ohio University, the first thing EVERYONE says is "OOOHHH, so your a party girl!? Is that why you chose to go there.... because it's a party school???" Another thing is that everyone assumes the people that go to Ohio are hippies. Is that even logical?! To assume an entire schools population is made up of tree huggers (no offense to hippies) in just ignorant.

That OU students are a group of rich, white kids who're going to OU to just party and have a good time. I feel like the OU is known for not being racially diverse and also is known to be a party school.

The main stereotype that I've faced from family and friends is that OU is a party school and that everyone who comes here ends up leaving a drunk.

The main stereotype is that the students are all white drunks, not caring the least bit about their grades (as long as they pass).

Many people stereotype Ohio University as the "party school." People view Ohio students as a bunch of kids who love to drink.

I think the biggest stereotype about Ohio University is that it's a major party school and that all the students drink.

That everyone here are just a bunch of drinkers who party all the time. And like everyone here are just big stoners.

That Ohio University is a party school and that anyone can get accepted because it's easy to get in.

Ohio is known to be a party school and its students are known to party hard.