Ohio University-Main Campus Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Sandy

Ohio University has the "party school" reputation and has been recently listed as the #2 party school in the country while mainly being known for our Halloween party. Ohio students have the reputation of being very friendly and easy to get along with.

Will

Drinking and partying.

Valerie

That we're all partiers. That everybody is drunk and don't take classes seriously.

Tracey

Ohio has been stereotyped as a "party" school.

Tate

Love and somewhat discriminations and culture missunderstanding

The stereotype of Ohio U students is that we are a party school. We are also viewed as a lesser achademic institution when compared to some of the other larger state schools. Many people view Ohio U students as "second class" when compared to Ohio State, or Miami (OH).

annie

That Ohio University is a major party school and that most of the students that go here just come to party.

drinkers

When I first told people that I was coming to OU people smiled and said "Oh man, that's a party school." Or something along those lines. I have also heard that we're the biggest party school and our Halloween is crazy. I have also heard about drug use on campus. Positive stereotypes of OU are that we have GREAT programs. I have heard that OU is a very good school and that the people are always really nice. Also that, no matter where you go you could find someone who either went to OU or knows someone who went to OU.

Pat

The cliche` party student and "frat" guy.

Elisse

It's a huge party school.

Rob

People think that OU is a big drinking school mostly because of the famous Halloween Party.

Most people think of partying and drunk hooligans.

Tate

OU is a giant party school, alcohol everywhere, everyone drinks.

we drink..a lot. Ohio University is an easy school.

We are all partiers

Kat

They drink constantly and are liberal

Alcoholics, people who will go no where, last resort college, and also very liberal (like any other college for the most part).

Some stereotypes I have come encounter with are that Ohio students party a lot and the common "type" of people you will find are either "hippies" or "snobs"

Drinkers, hippies, dumb.

OU has a reputation of being a big party school. Depending on who you ask we're the #2 or #9 on the list of largest party schools in America.

Well at Ohio University the stereotype is that it is a party school, and that the students like to party.

It's a party school and the students are partiers, people only go here for the parties and Journalism school

Arushi

That OU students are a group of rich, white kids who're going to OU to just party and have a good time. I feel like the OU is known for not being racially diverse and also is known to be a party school.

Zach

That everyone here is in a constant state of drunken partying

We are big drinkers

Quinn

That everyone drinks or parties.

We're considered a party school.

Ohio is a party school and many of the students here are borderline alcoholics.

Kat

That everyone here are just a bunch of drinkers who party all the time. And like everyone here are just big stoners.

Brad

Party School

The main stereotype that I've faced from family and friends is that OU is a party school and that everyone who comes here ends up leaving a drunk.

Jon

That all OU students drink

Everyone here drinks and is a liberal hippie.

That we're big drinkers. We like to party a lot. A lot of people would say that Ohio students aren't here for school, we're here for a big party.

emily

People dress up to get down at night. Other than that, showing up to class in sweats is not uncommon. People are from all over. When the weather is nice, so is everyone else on campus. We are best known to be a party school with little to no work.

Nico

That everyone drinks.

Alena

Some stereotypes are that Ohio is the school to go for for partying, and that it is a school to go to for the less academically inclined.

Krista

We drink a lot and constantly party.

Sydney

They drink... alot.

robert

binge drinkers

The main stereotype is that the students are all white drunks, not caring the least bit about their grades (as long as they pass).

That Ohio University is a party school and that anyone can get accepted because it's easy to get in.

Everyone thinks that everyone parties all day everyday. In reality, not everyone parties.

People think that Athens is just a party city and that the class at Ohio are just a piece of cake.

Big party school, everyone drinks.

Greg

Party people, druggies, aviator-sunglasses wearing visor wearing polo shirt wearing Ugg boot wearing North Face wearing greek lifers.

TJ

I'm sure that every believe IF YOU GO TO OHIO you're all about partying.

Hippies.

Staci

We do nothing but drink and party. We never go to class and we are all unintelligent. We are or part of OSU.