Ohio University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Ohio University-Main Campus

A person that is looking for a very small university that they could quickly know everyone on campus, a person that is very competitive about their university always succeeding at sports, a person that does not like walking on hills a lot, a person who enjoys the atmosphere of a big urban city, a person who is not openminded about coexsisting with people who are different from them, people who are intolerant to different sexual orientation, a person who wants a campus that is very conservative and religious, a person who is not interested in trying new and different things

Unfortunately, Ohio University is known to be a party school. Students who just want to come here to party should not come here at all. I know a few girls that are here for parties and they have already been in trouble with the law and have jeopardized their futures because of it. A student shouldn't go to any college just to party, but especially don’t come to Athens; with our major reputation the university and police department have cracked down. You will be caught, you will get in trouble, and you will ruin your future.

Someone who does not have an open mind. It's easy to sit in your dorm room and talk online to friends from home. OU is a place for students to expand their thoughts on what they already know and don't know. Exploring is the best way to learn at my school. Opening your mind to something new creates a whole new outlook on life. We have over 350 student organizations, there is always an event or activity to attend that fits your schedule. Also, someone who doesn't like to recycle. We LOVE to recycle and go green!

The kind of people that shouldn't attend Ohio University are partiers and/or anyone not willing to put forth A LOT of effort, blood, sweat, and tears towards a degree. Our school was deemed a "party" school however this is really not the case. Most people at Ohio University are career focused and driven. Ohio University students know when we have a little too much of a good thing (like relaxing, partying, etc,). Being able to balance tough work loads and have a fun social life at the same time is a skill.

Personally, I believe that anyone who is easily coerced into doing things that they usually would not and individuals who cave easily to peer pressure should not attend this university. It is extremely easy to be found under circumstances where there is alcohol and even drugs are present at even the most innocent campus events, let alone the parties that the university is known for. If a person were to make the wrong decision it could easily impact their college career if not the rest of their life.

Someone who likes the idea of living/going to school in a big city, someone who does not want to be around a lot of new people, someone who does not enjoy walking to reach their destination. Someone who likes to shop at a mall, someone who loves their car, someone who is totally against people who drink. If a person does not like the look and feel of an older school and buildings, then this is not the place for them. If they want a huge campus then this school is not right for them either.

Ohiow University is not for students who do not enjoy rural, small town life. The University is centered in the very small town of Athens, Ohio. It is very much a college town. Students who prefer a busy and bustling city life should think twice beore attending Ohio University in Athens. However, a student who prefers small class sizes should also steer clear of this college. Although the town of Athens is very small, the Ohio University campus serves over 20,000 students.

Well at Ohio University we appreciate every type of person and personality, we cherish diversity. So generally every person is welcome. However, the only kind of person that probably should not attend this school is someone who doesn't know how to balance fun and work. Our motto is "Work Hard, Play Hard." By balancing these two, you certainly become a more appealing person on the fun side, but you also know how to do your job, study hard, and get good grades.

If you absolutely must have small classes and personal attention to thrive, don't attend unless you are accepted into the Honors Tutorial College here. However, if you think you can adapt to larger classes, it isn't a bad choice. I am not a huge fan of the Chemistry department here, so I would maybe consider Ohio State for that major. Also, Athens is a small town, and if that is going to drive you nuts then maybe consider some in a larger city.

Someone who is not willing to be involved and around a wide variety of viewpoints and backgrounds should not attend this school. Ohio is very diverse, and it is even located in an area very different from what most people have been raised in (Appalachian Ohio). One of the best parts of the University is its amazing group of people and ideas, however if you are closed minded Ohio would not be the place for you.