Zanesville, OH
Ohio University-Zanesville Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio University-Zanesville Campus

McKayla

I enjoy attending Ohio University at the Zanesville campus. The students here are amazing and I feel welcome by all of my professors there. Help is always available if needed. I do not regret going here for the first two years of my undergraduate degree.

Mary

I wouldn't see myself going to college anywhere else. Going to a regional campus was the best idea to further my education. Especially when many people are paying 4 times the amount I'm paying for, for the same degree, The small class sizes and friendly staff make going to college here more directed to your education and not just the professors droning on trying to get through a lecture. If a student wants their education tailored towards their success then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend​ them to this regional campus.

Alyssa

You have everything going for you if you would just apply yourself. You shouldn’t listen to those teachers who say you won’t amount to much. You are so much smarter than you give yourself credit for. If you continue on the path you are going, you will end up a 31 year old, single mother, working two jobs, and going to school full time. Going back to school until after you have children is extremely difficult, both financially and academically, so you should go to college now. What I learned as a 29 year old working professional is that the airline industry, like every business, is a slippery slope. Even though I was making $38,000 a year, when the company went bankrupt, 10 years’ worth of service and all my hard work meant nothing. I was forced to take a job making $9.00 an hour. The other companies I applied for informed me that that college is more than just an education; it also corroborates your dedication. A degree is proof that you can stick with something and finish it. Set the standard high for yourself.

The best part about my school is the opportunities to get involved. They have plenty of extracurricular activities to choose from. This makes it very easy to take on a leadership role.

Attending Ohio University Zanesville takes a very independent person. Although the college staff is available to help students, they seem to promote teaching the student to complete the task on their own more so than doing the work for them. Faculty at Ohio University Zanesville has always pointed me in the right direction to find the answers I need and have always been willing to show me how to complete a task in question. As a result I am able to find these answers in the future myself, without the assistance of others.

Patricia

My classmates are very friendly, helpful and great group participants, always ready to lend a hand.

My school has a really nice physical activity facility, exciting sporting events and other activities, a great bookstore with very friendly employees, and a great cafeteria. It also has free classes for senior citizens which allow them to keep up in the technical world. My school also hosts lots of events to raise money for organizations in our community. My school's faculty and staff, along with the students who attend OUZ, are like my second family sometimes. I enjoy being a student at my school.

I have learned to be open to the ideas and opinions of others while participating in group activities, and I have discovered that the students that I have gotten to know, have continued to be my friend after we were no longer attending classes together. I am an older student, and I anticipated to be laughed at and dicriminated against when I signed on as a student, but as far as I know, that has never happened. All of the students, staff, and faculty have welcomed me and made me feel like one of the family. I have been blessed to have had an array of workshops and classes that have broadened my knowledge on life, health, finances, technology, politics, writing, reading, childcare, and so much more. I started at my college to get an educaton in ASL Interpreting, which they no longer teach the higher level classes, but I have decided to go for a BSS, which broadens my options for careers that I may not have considered otherwise. I have been able to attend classes at my campus and at another Ohio University Regional Campus at the same time and I have met a variety of students.

Evelyn

As a military wife and a mother of three, my priorities have always been to put my family's needs above my own. Now that my children are finally old enough to go to school, I actually have the time to do something to better MYSELF for a change! I have always been inclined towards the medical and administrative field, so I am pursuing a career as a medical administrative assistant. In the military we've met so many young people who have made something of themselves by pursuing education. Hearing about what they have accomplished has always motivated me to find success of my own. Achieving a college education has always been a dream of mine. I want to be satisfied with the choices in my life and look back and say that I am truly a role model for my children. With financial assistance, I intend to pursue my dream and show my children the way to success. High aspirations combined with a relentless work ethic will lead to repeated success in any endeavor. I know what the meaning of hard work . If chosen, I will strive to my best. Have a blessed day.

Noel

I have received many skills as well as values while attending college. Since attending I have become a much more organized person and my study skills have increased dramatically. There is no price that I can put on the valuable experience I have received thusfar. College has created an experience for me that has changed my life. It has given me a larger sense of responsibility and given me the ability to take control of my life and point myself in the direction that I want to go. College is amazing in and of itself, but it's even better when you see the light at the end of the tunnel and know what's awaiting you.

I don't necessarily brag, though I do take great pride in where I am attending and what I am attending OUZ for. I enjoy talking about how much the school is helping me work towards a successful career. I speak about how helpful the faculty is and explain to people that they really to care about their students. It's an amazing feeling going to college and makes me feel as if I have a larger purpose in life and that I matter.

The most frustrating thing about OUZ would be what any other student would say, the studying. It can be very frustrating, especially when there is so much to study and so much work and research to do. Though I don't mind it as much as highschool, I find it a challenge that I can enjoy.

I would tell myself to try harder in my last year because it would have made the transition easier. Also I would tell myself that stressing about the first quarter isn't necessary, that the professors and school officials try to make everything as easy as possible. I would tell myself that a branch campus isn't any worse than the main school and the smaller school works better for my personality. Finally I would tell myself that going to college with my friends ffrom high school isn't a good idea, that I wouldn't have a chance to spread my wings, which is waht college is all about.

No one wouldn't fit in at this school, they have something for everyone.

The diversity of the professors, the groups, the trails, and the people.

AMANDA

It is a very nice college with small classes.

It is a very nice college with small classes.

For the mostpart at the Community College everyone is easy to get along with and since it is a local University you know a lot of the people in the classes already with you.

I would tell myself about how hard it is being away from parents the first year I was at an away college. How to get yourself displined to study and not party all the time. Make my own decisions and not let someone else make them for me or get me into uncomfortable situations. How to manage my time for upcoming BIG term papers or research papers that are due. How to select the proper classes for my major that is going to help me not just because the course is easy. Put more thought into making the college choice, and I would have looked at more colleges and done more scholarships.

Ohio University-Zanesville Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.