Vienna, WV
Ohio Valley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio Valley University

Byankha

I would not recommend this school to anyone. They treat you like kids, you have no freedom, and no privacy. The RA’s here are racist and they are open and okay with you knowing it. They keep dropping sports teams so who knows what team will be next. They dont care about what the students have to say about the school or what we want. The showers are cold, there are ants everywhere in the dorms. The school is just dirty. I myself and my friend have both caught pneumonia from our dorms. we arent allowed open dorms which is pathetic. We are adults. We should be able to go hangout with whoever we want. There is also no privacy and too many unnecessary rules. People have a key to your room so they could literally come in at any time. I highly doubt I will be back next year.

Kelsey

Although I am only a visitor, I think Ohio Valley University is a great school that I’m very excited to go to. All the students are very nice and there’s a lot of sports to choose from. There’s a Niche group to choose from too.

Hauoli

It's hard to judge a book by its covers. I've only been there a few months and realize I miss home and that there's a bit adjusting to with making new friends and becoming acclimated to my new environment. I love that it's a Christian college, and that I'm wrestling. Having a team of brothers are helpful with my adjustment towards school, and campus.

Jacob

The dorms are dirty and out of date. The school itself is secluded from the rest of the town. The dean of students as well as the VP were very rude. 80% of the credits don’t transfer to other universities. The facilities were very basic. There are “hall monitors” that do a head count and you get cited (25$ if I remember correctly) if you are not in your room at a certain time. Yes there is a cerfew, in a place where your freedom as an adult begins. If you are trying to get a real university experience, this is NOT a place you want to spend your money!

Anne

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would stress the importance of self motivation. After high school, you are on your own, therefore you have to push yourself to succeed. I was babied in high school, so it was a shock to go into college where I am not forced to attend classes, there are no parents looking over my shoulder, and no teachers constantly reminding me of what needs done. I would tell myself to develop better time management, organization and studying skills. Since high school was easy for me, I never learned how to properly study. Without the structure of high school, I majorly slacked off, which cost me later on. I would tell my high school self that not everything will be easy, so it is important to have a good work ethic. I would also encourage my high school self to make more connections, because knowing the right people can make all the difference in the job world. The best advice I would give myself is to investigate all my options carefully. Taking the time and effort to explore possible choices is worth it. Don't miss out!

The best thing about OVU is the people. All of the professors are genuinely interested in helping their students acheive, and the faculty and staff are all very friendly. Most teachers are only a text or call away and they will help you not only with schoolwork, but with life problems as well. The key word of OVU is "community". Since it is a small campus, no one goes unnoticed. Every person has the chance to play a big role in some way. There are many chances for students to take leadership positions and get involved.

OVU is a private, Church of Christ university. Therefore, students who are Christians and want a community environment should attend this school. For people who are interested in community service, attending chapel, and getting involved with local churches, OVU is an excellent place to be. Students who want personal attention from their professors and who want to know the name of every student on campus should come to OVU.

Josh

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.

Bro, I know you're really excited for college because you're gonna sing in this group Express and because you'll finally meet women who are more mature and everything... But none of that matters, man. The only thing that will bring you joy is loving people and trusting God. I know you don't trust God with all of you; I've been there. When you don't trust Him completely, you're saying His promises aren't true, His love for you ISN'T complete, and that Jesus only half-heartedly made his way through suffering on the cross. Trust God, and He'll provide. Don't sweat it when you suck at singing sometimes in Express! Or even when you leave it. Don't stress about finding a girl; God's got a great one in mind for you. Just remember one thing: Love is a person, not just a feeling or a command, and the more you understand that, the easier you'll find Jesus' teachings. Your life is bound for glory, just as your Father said it'd be: so take it up.

I'd say the lack of freedom sometimes kind of stinks. I mean we're not allowed nearly often enough to visit friends in opposite dorms (we don't have co-ed dorms), nor do we get the freedom to create our own social clubs (when the four that exist don't match people at all). Those are things I wish would change, but otherwise Ohio Valley University is one of the best colleges in the United States, hands down.

Ohio Valley is known for is Christ centered values and education.

Ohio Valley is known for is Christ centered values and education.

If I had to go back in time the one advice that I would give to myself is not to let anyone change who you are, stay true to yourself and believe in yourself.

The best thing about the scholl is the very small environment.

Ohio Valley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.