Ohio Wesleyan University

« See more reviews of Ohio Wesleyan University

I wish I had known how many opportunities were going to be presented to me here, the professors are amazing and especially in the zoology department there are so many opportunities to help them with their research or even start your own. It seems someone who used to go here or knows one of the professors is always looking for an intern, and I have friends that have gone to places like Australia and Costa Rica on research projects, the prossibilities here are literally endless.

I wish I knew what occupational opportunities the school assisted in for my major. Coming in, I knew what major I wanted, but not what I wanted to become. OWU helped me get the degree I wanted, but after that, I was left alone to find what my zoology degree would take me. Most people from my school went to graduate schools, and therefore, the options for job-seekers were limited.

I wish I had known how competitive some of the 3rd division sports teams were before attending the university. I expected to play a varisty sport and did not prepare myself as much as I should have to play on one of the teams. Also how some introductory classes have a light work load, while others can be much more demanding with up to 3 to 4 times as much work

If you can't find something fun to do, you're just not looking hard enough because something is always going on and groups are always welcoming toward new members. So don't be shy; just hop in and get involved.

I wish I know how small the music department. Also how this campus is like a highschool, word of anything gets around so fast and you know all 1,000 plus people by the second month of college.

That it is some what difficult to get off campus housing for upper classmen because it is primarily an on campus housing school.

I wish I had known that it snows so much here in the winter, but classes aren't canceled.

I wish that I knew about how many Connecticut girls went there. They are really mean.

I'm not sure--nothing that I have problems with could be foreseen before hand.

I wish I would've known to bring a car to visit areas off campus.