Shawnee, OK
Oklahoma Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oklahoma Baptist University

David

Students should consider the end result when selecting your college. What do you hope to achieve after graduation? College is a fun and exciting time, but remember that you're going to get an education and to make yourself marketable in your field. Your college or university must prepare you to be successful in your field of study and must also have a good reputation as producing educated graduates. Parents need to think about their child's education as an investment. Loan debt should be kept as minimal as possible, but it is something that will increase the student's earning power so some debt is not outrageous. On the other hand, too much debt is not a good thing either. The field of study is a factor when trying to determine how much debt is too much. How much will the student earn upon graduation? Finally, I think families should pray about the decision. College choice is one of the major decisions a person makes and it can have a drastic effect on the rest of the student's life.

Christian students who want to work hard while still having a lot of fun at college.

The Christian environment is the most unique part about Oklahoma Baptist University. OBU was the only school that I applied to with a strong Christian background. It is an environment that allows students to openly worship and fellowship with other chrisitans and feel supported by their professors and faculty. I love the Christian environment of OBU!

The value of your education should not be determined solely by the price of the education. Although financial aid is very important in determining where to go to school, the environment, community, and education are far more important! Take the time to visit the school and thoroughly investigate what each school has to offer. Once in college, don't go home. Spend time getting to know people and getting involved. This is where you will meet your life long friends!! Enjoy your college experience!

Laura

Finding the right college can be a challenge, because the choice can easily determine the path (including job, friends, and spouse) a person will travel for many years to come. It is also the first big step a student must take alone, often separated from high school friends and family. The best advice for making this choice consists of searching for a place that will both push its students outside of their comfort zone and provide guidance and support at the same time. Education is a privilege, and its acquisition is accompanied by responsibility. Colleges aim to prepare and equip the future leaders and workers who eventually must replace those reaching retirement. The process of growing and being shaped into people able to fill those roles is vital, and a college should provide the right environment for that development to occur. College also involves expanding socially, so a place that encourages fun with friends as well as community service is important. College is all about learning to balance the different aspects of life (school, friends, work, service) and to deal with stress effectively. Invest in each sphere rather than in just one, and the experience will be greatly enriched.

My school is best known for academic success followed by graduate degrees or successful jobs. We are also involved in the community and desire to make an impact on the world.

Sometimes the students here seem apathetic about the spiritual side of life. Many claim Christianity, but a much smaller proportion actually live what they say.

My school is ok - the campus is pretty, but the food isn't very good.

My school is ok - the campus is pretty, but the food isn't very good.

My classmates are nice - friendly, but most of them just got out from under their parents and have a lot to learn about being on their own.

Go where you want to go, be who you want to be!

Kristin

OBU students are accepting and the professors are always available to talk and helpful about school and non school realted issues. OBU is definitely a place of community and you receive a great and challenging education and make friends for life.

Go where you fell led and not where your parents want you to go. OBU was way out of my price range since I am paying for my college education on my own. But, I would not change coming here for a second. I am surrounded by professors who geniunely care about me and my future. I have made amazing friends that I will have for the rest of my life. OBU did not seem practical but I am thankful that I decided to come here because its definitely where God has placed me for this time in my life.

I'd say my school is best know for the people that go here and the faculty - everyone is really nice and willing to help anyo...

I'd say my school is best know for the people that go here and the faculty - everyone is really nice and willing to help anyone.

My advice is to go to the college/university that you want to go to no matter how much it costs. I know college is expensive and you don't want to go loan crazy but it is much better to go to a college that you like than to settle for the one that you don't like just because it's cheaper. Trust me, I learned the hard way; I went to the cheaper university and waisted my money because it was not challenging at all - it was easier than high school. And then I finally decided to go to where I wanted to go in the first place and I love it.! Yes, there are a few things that I don't like about it but it's definately better than where I was.

The worst thing about my school is probably the food in the "ARA" (Aramark is the food company).

abby

Focus on academics in your choice. Look at where the school is in conjunction with your home, and how far you are willing to travel. I would say don't be afraid of new things or new people. Try to get involved and want to learn and grow in more than just academics.

How great the people are, how helpful the professors are, how much fun it is to be there

Indrit

This is a great environment for your kids to be because it offers a social life prospective as well as academic strength. If you want your children to succeed in life, this is the place to be.

That people in this school as well as in the community are very friendly and helpful.

What i would consider the worst thing that affects my school is public tranportation in the town.

shannon

The most welcoming, beautiful, perfect place to go to school to become the person you are going to be for the rest of your li...

The most welcoming, beautiful, perfect place to go to school to become the person you are going to be for the rest of your life

Find a place that if fitting to what you love and enjoy doing. Also make sure that the school excells in the major you want to adopt

Someone who likes to party with alcohol and sex will not fit in.

Veronica

Our incredible faculty. The community here is undescribable. They really care about the students.

When choosing a university, decide what is most important to you and find it. Size is a huge factor in the experience you will have so start by looking at the differences between big and small schools. Remember, think outside of your box. Just because you would never have considered a school doesn't mean it's not the right one for you. I wanted a small school with good student/teacher relationships. I love OBU and would never go anywhere else. Don't let money hamper the quality of education you receive. Figure that out later. You're only in college once, don't let anything stop you from making the most of your opportunites.

Oklahoma Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.