Shawnee, OK
Oklahoma Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oklahoma Baptist University

Josh

OBU is a Liberal Arts College, so no matter what your major is ,or what think you want to major in, you will be taught in other fields of study. This is done for the students to have a greater chance at success. So far this semester I have learnd alot. I feel I have a greater understanding of how I view my self and how I view the world I live in. Attending OBU , even just half of a year has set me with skills and knowledge that will stick with me through out my life.

the city its in (shawnee), is small so there isn't alot to do close, all the fun stuff is 20 to 30 min away

the rooms are great, the college is a decent size so there isn't a bunch of students in 1 class, so u can understand the teacher better.

When I was first starting the process for choosing where I was going to be spending the next few years of my life, Oklahoma Baptist University called me three or four times a week to make sure I was still interested in their school. No other college did that. I decided on going there, and when I arrived on move in day, a host of about ten upperclassmen swarmed around the our car and unloaded everything for me. They did that in 105 degree Oklahoma temperatures for about five hours without a break. OBU is extremely student - oriented.

My pre-collegiate era was extremely disorganized, lazy, and lacking the structure of a routine. I was going to college in a town that is a full twenty four hour long drive away from my home in New York, so I knew that my maturity level was going to have to increase. My intuition was correct; during my first semester at Oklahoma Baptist University, I did more studying than I had done my whole high school career combined. I had numerous late-night study sessions that went until one or two in the morning, and that was not because I started late those nights, I started early in the evening! I was required to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in order to keep my financial package at the school, which undoubtedly is more difficult to achieve in college than it is in high school. I did not have anyone to remind me to do my assignments, to do my laundry, or even to cook my meals any longer. I was on my own for the first time in my life, and the experience taught me how to be successful while independent. I became a mature, patient, dilligent man.

OBU prides itself on having over a 90% student acceptance rate after graduation into graduate medical school. I boast to all my friends back home in New York that I go to a college where I am completely confident that I will succeed after I graduate from OBU. Too many students drop out because they find it difficult, or they are unsure that they will be able to achieve a higher degree than the common bachelor's degree. At OBU, there are no worries about whether or not the students will be prepared for medical school; my career my path.

Candice

My classmate types vary from class to class, but overall, they are outspoken, opinionated and grounded.

Oklahoma Baptist University is best known for it's challenging academics, as well as, a well-rounded education expected from a liberal arts school.

My college experience so far has given me an opportunity to step out of the stability of expectations of other people and to find my own expectations for myself. I have been challenged beyond my comfort zone and have seen the other side of failure, but I have become a stronger person for it. College has taught me that perseverance, sweat and blood keep the wheels turning, but a love for what one does is the fuel that gives life to the machine. I have made dear friends that I believe will be there for the rest of my life, and I have grown stronger in my faith. College is not only providing me with a way to earn a living, but it's also helping me find my passion in life. The value of the college experience is worth so much more than knowledge. It's worth being able to be who you were meant to be. It's worth the promise of a brighter future.

derrick

the godly atmosphere helpls keep your mind where it needs to be.

the godly atmosphere helpls keep your mind where it needs to be.

any person willing to open their minds to a broader liberal education no matter their backgroud race or beliefs. they also should be very open minded to what iws going on around them .

Dalton

My classmates are prople like me who work hard to get what they want and appreciate what they have. Faith is a big part of our belief and everything can be accomplished with God. Treating people how you want to be treated and if a problem ever comes up one can get the answers they need by trusting, believing and asking for God's help.

To date, I have only enrolled at OBU, however the day I enrolled was a gret experience and has made me even more excited to attend the University. Everyone I met was very nice and helped me and answered all the questions I had. I was made to feel very welcome and cannot wait to attend the Fall term.

The only people that should not attend this school is people that want to go to college to "party". This school is for people that want to make a difference and for people that appreciated the life that God has given us.

Yuen-Jing

My classmates are my comrades in studying and my friends that support and join me in living our college life in an honorable and compassionate way; they come from across the world to people from my hometown; they are a part of my college family with out the Greek life.

I've grown and matured greatly since entering college at Oklahoma Baptist University. The friendships I've made and the knowledge I've gain are only a fraction of the potential that my university has to offer me. I've met so many different people with their experiences and cultural background that has taught me to expect the unexpected and realize that I'm not alone in my struggles. By attending college at Oklahoma Baptist University I'm not only attending a respected university that will help me prepare for a future career in medicine but I'm learning to find my own answers and become more independent.

Frustration is something that comes with inner turmoil meeting external forces. My school could only bring me frustration when I choose not to see the solutions and options in front of me. Every school has its nuances but it's what makes my school unique and give me an unforgettable experience.

Tim

This is the second time in college for me. Due to the lack of jobs caused by the recession, I was unable to find work after relocating for my wife's job from Texas to Indiana. When I saw there was an Occupational Therapy program near my home, I jumped at the opportunity. I have attended classes for 6 months now and have found the experience invaluable. Many of the people in my classes have lost their jobs and are training to find work in another field. As opposed to the first time I was in college at the age of 18 and was in classes with others my same age, I am now in classes with students from 19 years of age to 55. I have been able to learn a great deal from the older people in the class as to how they have dealt with the economy and also how the younger generation feels about it. By going back to school, myself along with the others in my class are gaining new skills that will last a lifetime.

Jimmy

This is a community dedicated to the intellectual, spiritual, and physical well being of its students. OBU educate the entire individual, not just the intellect.

I cannot yet know the full extent of what I have learned during my 3 semesters at OBU, but I have grown intellectually, spiritually, and physically during my time here. OBU is dedicated to giving its students a liberal arts education. This is something that I appreciate greatly. I have learned so very much about our culture and its beginnings. I am much more capable now of drawing connections from the past to the present, which furthen enables me to make decisions regarding the future. OBU is a wonderful place to learn about all aspects of western culture, while the studybody is conservative, our professors push us in every way possible to come to our own conclusions and not to blindly follow in the footsteps of those who have come before us. I have been greatly blessed to have attended this university. I have grown to love learning at this place as a result of the curriculum. All areas of the liberal arts are necessary to be a well educated person and OBU is helping me to achieve my goal of being well educated. OBU is the place where I have been challenged, and it will continue to do so.

The intense amout of work required for classes here in comparison to other universities.

sabrina

Live each moment to the fullest.Dont be afraid to take the chances you really want. In the end it will all work out and make you the person you are meant to be. Never regret anything you do. Embrace the ones you love and never take them for granted. Last but not least, always believe in your self, dont let other people make your life decsions for you, do what you feel is best for you. Just know everything will work out, dont worry so much.

Kristina

My classmates are very outgoing, friendly, and always wiling to help one another.

I would tell myself that abot college life, and what to except and tell myself to prepae more on doing homework and keeping up to date with everything and be more organized in high school.

Oklahoma Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.