Oklahoma Baptist University

« See more reviews of Oklahoma Baptist University

I am not sure if there is a certain typer of person who should not attend this school. There are all different types of people that attend the school which adds immensely to the atmosphere. I've been lucky enough to meet and become friends with so many different kinds of people. Since this is a Baptist university most people would think the students were conservative, judgemental, and possibly snobby, but this could not be furthur from the truth. The atmosphere of this school is welcoming, open-minded, and diverse.

I think that any type of person could attend OBU. One of the things that attracted me to OBU the most was the sense of community. I think that the school as well as students and faculty do a great job at making everyone feel welcome. Because OBU is a Baptist school some religion classes and chapels are required and that might be a turn off for some people, so if that is the case then that person may not be comfortable at the school.

A person who is ultra liberal. This is a baptist university, which means they can be very conservative. Also, someone looking for serious sports. We have a good basketball team, but not as great as the major universities. And we do not have a football team. A person who is lazy should not be attending OBU. They are very strict with their academics and will not tolerate much slack.

Someone who doesn't really care about their education, someone who isn't looking to make lifelong friends, someone who doesn't care about their community, someone who doesn't want to become a better, more well-rounded person, someone who doesn't care about belonging to a community... these people shouldn't come to OBU.

The type of person that should attend Oklahoma Baptist University is someone who is looking for a small, tight-knit university where they can grow in their faith. Also, they should know that this particular school is known for writing essays.

There really isn't a person who wouldn't enjoy coming to school here. Although, there might be other schools that are more fitting to other personalities. It depends on the person and what they expect to gain from college.

The only people that should not attend this school is people that want to go to college to "party". This school is for people that want to make a difference and for people that appreciated the life that God has given us.

A very liberal democrat might not love OBU. I am not as conservative as most people here, but I get along fine. I think maybe a liberal democrat would get extremely frustrated with some of the stubborness of students.

People that want a big-city atmosphere should probably look elsewhere. Shawnee is a nice-size city with a mall and plenty of places to eat, and is an hour away from Oklahoma City, but is relatively small and quiet.

This school is fairly open minded and very accepting of all kinds of people. I don't know if there is any one kind of person that would be rejected or shunned by the student population.