Oklahoma City Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Oklahoma City Community College

Jose

The majority of classes are good, a select few are amazing, and there are also the few classes which made me consider dropping out because the teachers were absolute idiots. The student advising program is decent, I have only had a couple of bad experiences, my first meeting the advisor had no idea how to help me on my selected major and on the second meeting I received an email just as I had walked in for said meeting which said that my meeting had been cancelled. I later rescheduled and met with an advisor who helped me sign up for classes, however was not much help in the field which I want to go in .

I love it!

Justin

I found this school to be great starting place for me, but now that I am ready to go to an university I find this school to be a little out there for my taste. But it was great for while I was still in high school. As I started to notice the campus is not in a good part of town and seems to always have bad traffic.

Yvonne

I couldnt have picked a better college. The professors are always quick to answer my emails or questions in class. The labs in the school are convenient with great hours. There is always something happening every week for the students with food involved. Overall i would (and do) recommend this school to anyone who wants to be treated with care.

Kailee

You can always find something/someone unusual on campus.

I have just begun my journey at Oklahoma City Community College, but I am already having a great experience. The teachers are very effective in helping their students learn the required material. The counselors are great about providing a plan and helping students meet the requirements for their desired degree.

Victoria

O trip is a great school for those looking to get their basics out of the way at a cheaper rate or those looking for a specific field of study in which you only need an associates for. O trip does not offer any bachelors degrees so one must go on to a different university if bachelors degree is preferred.

victoria

This college is easily accessible and enrolling was an easy process. The counselors really help to get you going in the right direction to accomplish your major. There are many teachers in different subjects which helps to accommodate taking that subject at a time that works with your schedule.

Hector

It is a great community college in the south side of Oklahoma City. It has several exciting programs. It may not have the accommodations of prominent universities but it compesates with extraordinary programs it offers at an offerdible price.

Lillian

OKlahoma city community college allows me to get a higher education without breaking my bank. I feel safe and cared for at this school. There is no on campus housing but that is okay since I live within 30 minutes of the school. This place is ideal for someone who just got out of highschool and is looking for the next step in life.

Chelsea

I think that the professors are always their to help and even the faculty. We have lack of activities and club events because of the low budget around Oklahoma which is mainly effecting our schools. It is mainly only going to classes and there are fewer activities but it is a good small step toward a four year college. If were not for this college I would not be able to have the opportunity to continue on my education and meet my closes friends.

Sara

From my first phone call to the school, to my first visit everybody I have met has been extremely helpful. I have never felt lost or confused; the staff makes sure I know exactly what I need to do and where to go. In fact, my first time there, when I was going through the enrollment process, if I wasn't sure where to go next the staff member helping me would offer to walk me to the next area! And they followed through! It's a fairly sized school so it was so unexpected and amazing that they were so helpful.

Ty

Oklahoma City Community College is a wonderful college to attend. Although it is a community college, the campus is a beautiful setting to look at. The campus is all connected together except for the library. This makes it very convenient to get from class to class and eliminates stepping outside when the weather is not so wonderful. Classes at OCCC are high learning oriented and lead wonderfully into a four-year university. One of the most important factors in choosing a college is cost, and OCCC does a very good job at making school affordable for everyone from the new freshman all the way to the single mom with three kids.

Faith

Oklahoma City Community College is a great way for students to get their foot into the college world without having to deal with all the big things that come with a university. In this community college it is easy to find your classes, labs and other places without getting lost since the campus is not as large as a university. The classes are just big enough to have great interactions with fellow students and just the right size for professors to know everyone by name. The Professors here really care about helping students pass their classes and are almost always available to help. They also offer online classes for those who can not always attend on campus, which has been very helpful for myself. Overall, this is a great way to get your education before moving on to a big university.

Daniel

As a college it does stand to be quite average but on the other hand, as a community college, it does stand to be above average. It has given itself reason to be a sought after college because of its cheap tuition and small class size, it deserves more credit than it has given itself.

Breana

Oklahoma City Community College is a great school to start at if you are not sure what you want to do or your not sure if college life is for you. The professors are great and easy to talk to. They are always willing to listen to questions and answer them as best as they can. All the professors put time away in their schedule so you can go to their office and talk to them if need be. They all provide you with their email that way you can get a hold of them if you have a question or need to let them know you are not going to be in class. The staff and faculty are always willing to help you if you are lost or need to find a class. If you have a question about the school they will answer the question or tell you where to find the information. The campus library has books on any or most of the subjects you would need. If they don't have the book they will borrow it from a different library anywhere in the U.S.. The librarians are always willing to help you with a question, finding a book, finding a topic for an essay, ect.

Brittney

I love Oklahoma City Community College. I started going my Senior year of high school so that I could start on my college credits and get the experience of college. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Also its a family college, my father and his sister went to school there, and my grandmother and my aunt both worked at the college for many years before retiring. I am so glad that I chose to go to this college first before a university because it also helped me save lots of money.

Maryam

It is a great place to get your associates from. I like that I began my college life here just because it is affordable and very good. I like the place and the classrooms. The people are very nice and accepting. The cafeteria has good food and the Starbucks is great too!

Dontaye

While at Oklahoma City Community College I learned how to speak. I did not know that social networking was such of a big deal when I first stepped on the scene. Since then I have gained a healthy relationship with financial advisors, I am a part of the Student Connections Mentors Success (S.C.M.S) program, and I am also a TRIO Student. I didn’t feel my talents and/or accomplishments really mattered; these programs feel otherwise. With all of the support that I have; it makes me want to do great things. I want to get up, I want to come to class, and if I know an answer I want to raise my hand. OCCC embraces me to take initiative and have confidence.

Kara

One of the better options for community college if you are looking to save money before transferring to a 4 year degree. Professors know thier studies very well and love teaching. The school's online website is helpful with keeping up with grades and assignments.

Sungkyu

I like the school very much. Oklahoma community college is very affordable. For the price students pay the level of academics we receive is amazing. Also the students are very diversified. There are few professors who lack enthusiasm but most are very professional and effective in their teachings.

OCCC is very accepting and cheap, which are two things that more colleges need to be. You don't need to have perfect grades and ACT scores to be accepted. One semester of full time classes was only about $3,000. After grants and scholarships this price is very doable. The facility is always very clean and provides affordable services to its students.

Jordan

Great school to start out, It gives you a feel of college life after high school

MaKenzie

Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) is a very small, close knit college. The professors are readily available, and are very willing to help. If you do not succeed at this college, it is because you did not try. The amount of resources available to students is crazy. The facilities and various labs are very nice, and there is always someone to help you out. The food is pretty good and decently priced, a lot better than some campuses I have visited. The campus is very small, so you can easily walk across campus quickly and not have to worry about being late to your class. Another great thing about the campus being small is that probably 98% of the classes are all in one building that is connected, so you never have to walk outside in the weather to get to class, so you can fix your hair and wear your nice shoes on a rainy day and everything still looks nice at the time of your last class! Unheard of, right? With the college being small, the student to faculty ratio is unlike anything you will get at a large university. Class sizes are very small, allowing for more discussion and question oriented lectures. You do not have to attend a separate "study hall" in order to get your questions answered, you can ask them in class. With classes being small, there is a good chance you will have class with the same people, which allows personal connections to be made which helps study groups to be formed more easily.

Toisharvis

I think we all have a beautiful place in our mind. I have a wonderful place that made me happy a lot of times, years ago. But sometimes I think that I am the only person who likes this place and I'm asking myself if this place will be as beautiful as I thought when I will go back to visit it again. Perhaps I made it beautiful in my mind. This place is meaningful to me because it is part of the county I loved, is part of the county where I grew up and is part of my childhood. This place is in the country in an old region named Appalachia, a small piece of the Appalachian Mountains, in a town named Pikeville. Pikeville is a polluted town because of the coal industry. People live in apartment or condominium buildings because of its little space available. I grew up in one of the many buildings in Pikeville admiring from my bedroom window the beauty of the mountains, always exploring with my eyes the forest or the meadows, looking for a clean and quiet place. And, I found one on a hill in the back of the town. It is about 100 feet square, it has seven old trees, wild flowers and a lot of bugs and ants during summer time. I used to go there to sit down on a rock and watch the town and my trees. There was a very old tree, a maple tree, with a huge trunk. The others were smaller, three in the back, three on my left side and the old maple tree on my right. There were flowers, many kinds, white, yellow, purple and blue. It was nobody's place. Nobody owned that hill, but it was beautiful and peaceful and I dreamed many times about a white house over there. I think that, these kinds of places are meaningful to people because they are natural and people can be there alone, away from their everyday life. I used to go there to be alone or to dream with my eyes open admiring the blue sky or the clouds. I liked to go there to lay down on the grass, listen to the wind, kiss the flowers and watch the leaves moving. It was hard to go up the hill to get there, but I wanted to see everyday my seven trees, to see how the color of the leaves changed and to feel the softness of the grass.

Tyler

Kessiah

I highly enjoy the professors. They make it so easy to learn and succeed in their classes. I have absolutely loves my experience at the college. I have never felt more confident in my ability to do well in this school. They are very good, and are fair with grading.

Janiah

Oklahoma City Community College is an amazing campus. I am currently a dually enrolled student here and at my high school. They make me feel safe and comfortable as a high school student attending school with adults. Most mornings I get a breakfast burrito and a latte which are both delicious and help me start my day. My professors have been very welcoming and helpful as I endure the semester. I am going to miss OCCC when I attend Langston University in the fall.

Kaylynn

Overall I like OCCC, but there is not a lot to do. So if you attend here and plan to party you're going to have make friends with people at big universities. However, if you're a student that wants to get work done and get ahead of schedule, this is a great option!

Miriam

OCCC is great community college to start you career

Tiffany

It has been a really great transition school for me. I am currently phasing out of one college and into a different one, and OCCC is very accessible for everything I need. My classes will transfer to a new school, and they are pleased to help advise me with the right classes I need to succeed. Very pleased!

Adalyn

It is a very nice campus with good and helpful employees

Cassidy

It is a wonderful college. I was apprehensive at first due to it being a junior college, but I’m happy with my choice. The class sizes are small, so there is professor interaction and lots of one-on-one interaction. The professors are highly qualified and always willing to help.

Almas

OCCC is a great community college for students who want a headstart into their college life. It is affordable and students can easily earn an associates degree without emptying their wallets and pockets. i have had a great experience with OCCC. It has great professors and small classes so the professors are very focused on the well-being of the students.

Mariana

I believe Oklahoma City Community College is a wonderful school. It's not expensive to attend and the professors are really dedicated to helping their students. All of the staff on campus is super helpful and nice. There is a lot of resources available for students whether that be a quiet place to study or free food.

Driana

It is a great school to start off with if you are unsure about college. The classes are mild to medium difficult. The class ratio to professor is low and the professors are understanding and are there to help with anything that you need. The campus is easy to get around, if you need help with anything there is someone always there to help. I enjoyed my attendance at the college.

Mariah

Respectable school. Nice facility, with a low student to faculty ratio. This makes meeting with your professor to discuss course work easy. The professors are also always more than happy to help. The faculty at this school are very helpful and friendly.

Gisselle

It's a great school if you're into having huge classes or want a one on one with a teacher. The program we have are amazing and everyone is always helpful and tries to get everyone motivated and the clubs around the school are always on help in your classes.

McCayla

I love it so far! All of the professors are very personal and I would not have it any other way

Tiona

People are so nice and they help you get everything you need for college in order! The tuition is cheap and easy to afford. Your faculty adviser makes sure you are going down the right path in your education. The cafe has really great food and there is alot of places throughout the building, that are easily used for studying or quiet time. They help you if you need help

Crystal

The class sizes are great. The food is good. Some staff may be rude, but there are those who are nice. Professors provide office hours and different ways to communicate with them. They might change the professor without notifying your or they might mess up your schedule. Lots of nice professors. They have some visual art classes, but hardly any performing arts classes. They do at least provide opportunities for studying aboard. They also have good financial aid and will help you as much as they can.

In my opinion, Oklahoma City Community College is the perfect school for someone that is just now starting college. Whether that is for someone that graduated high school this past August or someone who graduated with their GED a decade ago, Oklahoma City Community College for any fresh start. This school offers multiple courses online to accommodate any working student working to get their degree while working full time. I personally work full time and thought I was not going to be able to go to school this year with such a busy schedule and little funds. Oklahoma City Community College served as a perfect school for my current situation. Tuition is very affordable, many classes are available online and in the summer. OCCC is truly a great place to get started on your degree. While it is a public community college, Oklahoma City Community College works very hard to keep students involved and engaged with their peers. There are many student organizations that vary from personal interests, political views, religion, and many more, students are very likely to find an organization that they will feel at home. The professors at Oklahoma City Community College are very flexible with students of all kinds and current situations. For example, if a student is an expectant mother, some professors may excuse them for a few assignments following the birth of their child. The same courtesy goes to someone who is working full time while going to school. The staff is extremely nice, caring, and professional any time I see them.

LaDaysha

My overall opinion about Oklahoma City Community College is good, but I think they still need work on communicating with it's students. The college needs to make it a policy to constantly encourage and send emails about every type of club, academic, and scholarship boosting opportunity the school has that's relevant to the student by either their major, race and ethnicity, or interest. They should also make sure communication with floor staff is understood by everyone before telling students one thing and then it end up not being all the way true or inaccurate, especially when its financially dire for some. I do appreciate that the professors work with their students if an unavoidable problem has occurred, and will work with you to get your assignments in on time or extended. I also admire that most tutors on campus, either it being math, science, or writing are free and there to help you whenever you are having trouble. Even though the floor staff needs to work on their communication, with each other as well as the students, they do try to help students as best the can and give you information on something or lead you to the correct places so that students are able to get the correct information. In my opinion, I believe that’s what a college staff should do, if they do not know every answer, send a student somewhere that staff know for sure will have the answer, instead of guessing and giving false information to the students who are dependent on the college staff.

Chelsea

OCCC has caring professors and support staff, and are extremely flexible for working students and parents. There is a good assortment of evening/online classes to accommodate the students. There is also a vast array of stores/convenient shops nearby and in a relatively safe area.

Marla

It is one of the best universities, I am pleased to study there, thanks for the support to be able to be part of the university.

Tony

I'm an adult student who decided to go back, I enjoy OCCC. My professors are readily available, the parking is big enough for everyone. Anything you need, someone is willing to always be courteous and assist you.

Savanna

I love it, it has been great so far! everyone here has been very helpful! and kind and My academic advisor has explained everything very well! And my professors are awesome! I love how spacious school is and the cafeteria prices are also awesome! Very nice place to learn!