Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oklahoma City University

Priscilla

Out of my college experience so far I have learned that in order to get good grades I need to study at least an hour a day after attending the class. I have also learned that attendence is important even though you cannot get into trouble with the school if you don't attend class, but only with yourself. Being in college has also taught me great independence. I find my classes on my own, choose when to go on my own, choose when to study on my own. Allmost 85% of the time I am making my own decisions in college. Since i've been attending college I have been a more productive member of society and have transformed from a teenager to a young adult as I find my own way to support myself and my own way to find out what I need to do in order to become a more successful citizen. I also believe my skills such as writing and math have gone way up since going to high school and living at home. College doesn't just make you smarter, it pushes us as individuals to become more independent and responsible.

Margaret

Besides gaining more knowledge in my field of study, going to college has lead me to really find myself out. Being in college here has helped me become more independent and find out who I really am and develop my own political and moral views in the world. Since this school is a liberal arts school, I have been taught in many different areas besides just science. It has helped open my eyes to all my other choices and gives me more options for a career. Going to college is not just going to be more beneficial for someone financially in the future, but it is a key life experience every young adult should go through to discover themselves.

This school, even though it is small in numbers, has a very diverse student population. Someone who enjoys small classes and one-on-one time with teachers would love this school. Also if they like the small campus and seeing pretty much the same people everday. It is like a giant famliy here.

If someone is looking for the "big college experience", with big parties, huge campus, large Greek life, etc. would not like this school. This school is more laid back and not for big party people.

The classmates are youthful, fun, creative, expressive, polite and overall some of the most open-minded people I have been around in an educational environment.

The first two reasons I chose this colleger were the fact they are the only college in Oklahoma to offer a Bachelor's Degree in Film Production, not just Film Studies, and the fact that my mentor Fritz Kiersch is the Department Advisor. Mr. Kiersch has been an invaluable teacher for me and has helped encourage me to follow my dream career despite my older age than most of the other students. Thanks to him and the students I attend classes with I feel like a vital and creative person that has something to contribute to our society. Everyday I get to go to classes puts a smile on my face that does not evaporate until my head hits the pillow at the end of a full day of learning. A Bachelor's Degree will get me into the life and career I have always wanted and after attending this college for only one year it has made me wonder about a second career. I may go beyond a Bachelor's Degree so I may not only work in the film community but also teach college students who want to live the same dream I am working on now.

The worst thing about the school is that there is so much being offered through classes and extracurricular activities one could not possibly do them all in the sixteen week semester time period.

Joshua

Oklahoma Christian University (or OCU) is unique from other colleges that I have considered because they offer Computer Animation and Gaming as a major. I also wanted to go there because it was ranked the 8th best in America in teaching Computer Animation and Gaming as a major. It is in the medium range for cost. The staff and students there are friendly and it was awesome that I was accepted and was able to make friends there; even though I didn't know anyone in Oklahoma before.

I have gotten many things out of my college experience. It has been valuable to me socially, it has helped me learn how to be independent, it has helped me to be responsible, it has given me the chance to learn many programs that will help me in my major, it has given me a chance to be careful financially and learn how to use the money I am entrusted with, and has allowed me to go on field trips to companies so that I can see what is expected of me in my career field. I would like to be helped as much as possible financially so that I can continue my learning at OCU. I think that my time there will help me gain valuable life experience.

I wish that I had a bit of programming experience before I came here because it would have been helpful to me in some of the programs I am trying to learn here. This is only my first semester as a freshman so I think I will aquire some of these skills later. I wish I had known how much time I would spend in the cafeteria, so that I could have bought a more appropriate meal plan.

Ericka

friendly, determined, hard-working, diverse

friendly, determined, hard-working, diverse

the small size allows you to build a relationship with students and faculty

Here at Oklahoma City University, I have grown to discover myself. Oklahoma City University is not like any other University; there is a strong diverse background, professors that do care how you are feeling and staying caught up with class, unique friends you would not be able to meet anywhere else and a history of excellence and pride towards the success of the University along with the individuals that have graduated here. Without Oklahoma City University, I would not have had the many opportunities I have been blessed with, nor would I have left home to spread my wings to grasps all aspects of life.

shara

I've gotten a better sense of awareness of myself including: respect, dignitiy, value, and most importantly knowledge. I have never known the greater feeling of actually absorbing all the material presented and passing an exam with flying colors. Getting good grades proved to me that I can do anything I put my heart and mind to. It doesnt matter what other negative things people say about me, I am an intelligent single mother who can make all dreams possible for myself and my 4-year-old son. I can't see myself doing anything else but learning. My B.S. degree will be the beginning of my promising future, and it doesnt stop there. I do this all for my beautiful son, Kameron.

Jacob

My college experience has helped me grow as a person. I came from New Jersey and went to Oklahoma, and fell in love with the people in Oklahoma. I have many more positive views on groups that I did not have before and I am more accepting of people and their differences. I have developed great leadership experience as well while attending college. College has allowed me to be more responsible and more dedicated to making a difference. My whole life I have been somewhat of individual, on my own I guess you could say, but now I am involved in many groups and many different organizations. I am an active volunteer on and around my campus. College has shown how to interact in the work force, and what I need to do to be successful. Without my college experience here at Oklahoma City University, I do not think I would be the person I am today. I am very greatful for coming to Oklahoma City University and would do it all over again if I had the chance.

I wish I knew more students when I came here. The only people I knew where the students on my rowing team. Eventually I knew more people because everyone is so nice and greets everyone and always tries to find out who you are.

The worst thing would have to be the traffic surrounding the school. We are located in the city so rush hours tend to get a little busy. Nothing too serious however. You just need to leave about 10-30 minutes earlier depending on how far your going and at what time you are suppose to be there.

Mi

The performing arts. The school of dance is one of very few in the country. The school of theater is brand new but rising quickly. The school of music gets a lot of renown from its distinguished alumni.

I have met so many different kinds of people and gotten experiences that are unparalleled to anything I have seen before. I have made wonderful friends that I know will be with me for life, even if we are not in the same location. The alumni are so caring and really seem to outreach to the students still in school. I've begun to feel very confident to graduate next year and know that I will be all right and will have a support system waiting to help me along the way.

How much it costs, and not getting quite what I pay for. Also, the type of people that go to school here are very nice yet not loyal or reliable at times.

leila

I would get into the medical field instead . I got my MBA/IT and it seems waste of time . Now I am going back to school try to get my nursing . something I can pay bills and be productive at all time and anywhere.

Oklashoma city is very expensive and there is no need to rais the tuition every year.

If the person just want to keep busy and doesn't want to get educated, thjey are better let others to take an advantage of the benefits.

Neilee

Oklahoma City University is a small liberal arts university where the faculty, staff, and students are friendly and welcoming so that the university as a whole lives up to its slogan of "you're a name, not a number."

Oklahoma City University is best known for its liberal arts program. It is one of the top schools for acting and music, and the Ann Lacy School of Dance has one of the best dance programs in the country. Students come from all over to major in dance performance, dance management, or dance pedagogy. OCU is also has a high acceptance rate into graduate schools, such as medical school. The General Education requirements create a well-rounded, liberal arts program that introduces students to a plethora of disciplines and ideas.

My advice is this: Be open to new experiences. More than anything, be open. College is about making a fresh start and new memories. In order to do so, you must be adventurous. Do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone during the transition. That is the best way to develop friendships and grow as a person. In high school, you became set in your ways: you talked to the same people, went to the same classes every day, and then went home. Don't fall into the same pattern now. Open yourself. There is a whole world before you; you must open your heart and let a little of that adventure seep into you. Feel the beauty of the newness. Embrace it. Breathe it in deep and hold it close to your heart. Follow dad's motto -- grab life by the shoulders and give it a good shake! The transition is difficult. Sometimes you will feel like Dorothy, like a tornado swept you up and dumped you in a strange world. But hold on to the strength inside of you. Smile brilliantly, and you'll draw people to you. Have faith in yourself. Adventure is good.

Oklahoma City University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.