Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oklahoma City University

Liliana

The best advice I could give to anyone looking for the right college for them is to visit as many schools as you are interested in. IT really is just the most important part of chosing some where you will be truely comfortable with. Most people go to see universities with their mind already made up, but one visit can change your mind! When you visit the school you meet the students, the faculty, you get to see the dorms and what the campus feels like. Once you have researched the schools you are interested you have to go see them before you are registering for classes, it can make or break the deal.

The profesors are very atentive to their students.

Blake

Nothing is unique. This is a "glorified high school" private university that overcharges.

Do what your heart desires. Do not think about the financial situation you are in. Most colleges have the necessary resources for those who are in a financial struggle. As long you are socially involved and comfortable, and as long as you are happy where you are, then every decision should be accurate for you.

The lack of courses available to film students. The inability for a Film department to have their own equipment to enrich the learning curve for the majors.

Not worth $34,000 a year for such a terrible school.

Not worth $34,000 a year for such a terrible school.

Make it a fun experience, these are supposed to be the best 4 years of your life, live it.

I can't really think of anything.

Long

Don't expect your first try at college to go off perfectly.

Don't expect your first try at college to go off perfectly.

It has very small class sizes which I prefer. Also, you can be accepted your freshman year into the nursing program which is really helpful in planning your future because you aren't having to apply anywhere for your junior year.

It's really important to pay attention to student life when choosing a college. If I could pick again, I would have gone to a college that is a lot bigger because I feel like I've missed out on the "true college experience" because my school is so small. Visit schools and talk to students that go there. Also think about whether that college is somewhere you want to spend 4 years or so. It may seem like it would be a great college your freshman year, but are you going to want to be living there when you're a junior or senior? College is your home away from home, so make sure there are facilities there that cater to things you have at home, such as an adequate gym, restaurants nearby that you like to eat, public transportation system, etc. You don't want to be miserable because you can't do any of the things you are used to doing at home, because then you won't be able to focus on your school work - and isn't that really what college is for in the long run?

The best thing about my school is that it is easy to transition to. It wasn't a huge shock to adjust to college life out of high school.

Whitney

The smaller class size is definitely unique. I looked at several public state universities and the fact that several of their lecture classes were 100-400 students at a time was not appealing to me whatsoever. OCU has about a 12:1 faculty:student ratio and the largest class I have ever had was 25. The second week of each semester the professors are able to call each student by their first name. They are always willing to respond to any emails or questions about assignments on the weekend or over the break.

I would tell the student to definitely visit their potential college campus/es. This way they are familiar with the possible surroundings that they would be around. They should also talk to current students and find out what they don't tell you in the brochures, such as what campus life is really. They should also find out if the college offers things that they are interested in and has opportunities for them to get involved on campus. Once enrolled, join a group or organization for greek frat/sorority and make friends in your major. Getting involved on campus allows you to make friends, both in the classroom and off campus. They can advise you in which professor to take and which to avoid, give you notes and make good study buddies. Most of all though, future students definitely need to prioritize. They need to rank their school work, family, friends, work, sports, church and other categories in importance to them and not let something that is lesser on their list interfere with something that means more to them. Most of all, live it up. Make the most of what they can. College is only once in a lifetime, enjoy.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who does not want one on one contact with the teacher, small and personal class size and the ability to know everyone on campus. Someone who has no interest in the fine arts or a want to volunteer and give back to their community wouldn't fit in, as well as someone who doesn't want to have school spirit and get involved on clubs on campus. Someone who doesn't want to have a unique college experience probably shouldn't attend OCU.

Regina

It is a place that will let me accomplish my dreams.

It is a place that will let me accomplish my dreams.

Oklahoma City University is best none for their fine art programs.

It's hard finding that one school that will be your second home for four years or more. The moment you step on the campus you will know that it is the campus for you. It is stressful trying to figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life, but you don't need to know right away. Try to first find the school that makes you feel comfortable, but also try to figure out if they have something that might interest you. Finding the right college is difficult, but the search is quite worth it. The college experience is amazing. I was a child with strict parents, but it helped me out in the long run. You learn a lot from your parents, however, you need to live YOUR life in college. Even though your parents expect much of you enjoy what you have at the moment and live life the way you want to. Don't let others put you down; enjoy college because it will be an experience you will remember for the rest of your life!

Oklahoma City University is an intimate school where you know everyone's name.

Oklahoma City University is an intimate school where you know everyone's name.

When looking at colleges to attend, do not hesitate visiting the campuses. A campus tour will not only allow you to interact on the campus, but also give you an opportunity to feel what it would be like to be a student attending that college. Usually a campus tour is given by a student, therefore, a friend is automatically made. I gave tours at Oklahoma City University as one of my on-campus jobs, and I am friends with the students I toured. The second point of advice is to look at the security of the campus. Oklahoma City University is well protected by our Campus Police. The officers are very approachable and easy to talk to. I feel very safe on my campus and even have the police number saved in my cell phone just in case I need a ride to my car at night. The third point of advice is to check out jobs and organizations on campus. It is always important to be involved with peers. College is the place where friends-for-life are made. Being part of an organization and/or having an enjoyable on-campus job is very important.

The most frustrating thing about Oklahoma City University is the amount of money it takes to attend. However, it is worth every penny.

Matthew

Small yet not too small. I am still meeting new people yet I know a lot of the people on campus. I also think that we have a servent leadership feeling on campus. We are cpmpetitive but not cut throat competitive. People help their neighbors to help make this campus a better school The current economic crisis has inspired the student senate to donate money into a scholarship fund for those who might not be able to make it back in the coming semester!

Find out where you feel comfortable and feel like you will still be challenged. I went and visited my colleges that I was accepted to and nothing felt right until I came here and everything just fit. so you will know the direction that God is pointing you in if you listen and feel it out!

The prestige of going to a private university that has so many famous alumni. It is cool to watch tv and see people that you have been going to school with or went to school with being involved in the performance and entertainment industry. I also brag about some of the connections I have gained in the business world, and the highly influential people that I have had the opportunity to work with because of my school!

Oklahoma City University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.