Oklahoma State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Oklahoma State University-Main Campus

Hayley

It is an overall decent school. Like anywhere you can go there will always be ups and downs to the campus but for the most part it is a great school to go to. The town itself is not too small and there is plenty to do and its only an hour away from OKC and Tulsa which allows for easy get aways for the weekend. The airport has flights to Dallas allowing students to easily fly anywhere that they need.

Savannah

Oklahoma State University in Stillwater is an excellent school, particularly for those involved in athletics or greek life. The school is also heavily focused on agriculture. The people are generally nice, although sometimes it does not seem genuine. I have liked living in the on-campus housing, as it is maintained well and very clean. Bennett Hall is the place I have liked living the most, but the Commons are nice for those who don't mind having a roommate. There are little to no on-campus groups or extracurriculars that I am personally interested in, but there are several options available.

Denise

Being an international student the university make every effort to engage me in its current events. We are always given to opportunity to participate in webinars and other educational opportunities. The professors are pleasant to work with and make themselves available for further assistance when needed.

Braden

Oklahoma State University is one of the most open hearted and welcoming schools in the country. You are bound to feel at home with such a beautiful campus, and the numerous organizations to get involved with. However, the academics that the University gives is somewhat disappointing. I have found that there is no structure within the “basic” courses such as chem and general sciences. The professors are allowed to manage the class as they please with no oversight from the university. This has allowed for laziness within the classroom by giving only exams and not truly teaching the subject, only reciting what a book says. As a student, this is not what I’m paying for. Also, the school has became lax on the professionalism that they so say they hold true to. Recently, many professors and directors of schools have responded to students in a rude and disrespectful manner. They should be polite regardless of the circumstances and respond in the best way they can. They are the older adult, they should set an example and be the bigger person.

Kennedy

Oklahoma State University is an amazing college. It is very diverse and has opportunities for everyone. The professors are amazing and really make learning fun. The students here are really nice and fun to hang out with. Oklahoma State University is the best college in the state.

Alyssa

I am in love with this school. It really feels like a home and I am very excited! Oklahoma State is an amazing school. They are amazing about scholarships and everyone feels like family. I would recommend everyone at least visiting this campus. There is no place I’d rather be!

Oklahoma State University is my dream college. It has everything I need and want and so much more. The campus is beautiful and the university offers a lot of ways to get students and alumni involved. I can’t wait to attend Oklahoma State University this coming Fall.

Kody

This campus is very warm and welcoming and will flay you alive if you even mention OU (Im joking) they understand that while they like hanging out and friends are important (most of them) they also understand the reason your here is to learn. There are multiple areas in which they excel but my favorite is the overall welcoming personality

Zacary

I absolutely love the environment and the daily reminder that professors care to help their students. The campus is beyond beautiful and kept clean with plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy the view. Fellow students are a joy to be around and memories will be made.

Stanley

Oklahoma State University is the nicest campus I've been to. The people throughout the campus are always friendly and the entire campus has a homey feel. The facilities around the campus are absolutely amazing and the recreational center is something to behold. The academic advisors are also very nice and do a great job of setting you on a path to success. The professors also give you all the resources you need to do well and are one hundred percent willing to give you any help you need. Even if you are too afraid to ask a professor a question there are plenty of students who would be willing to put together a study group or tutor you in the subject.

Allyson

Oklahoma State is the type of campus that automatically feels like home. Not only is the student body incredibly friendly, but the whole Stillwater population is so kind. Campus is a perfect little square in the middle and it is so welcoming. I love everything about the school, between greek life, sports, and academics, the school itself brings me constant joy.

Abigail

I really enjoy attending Oklahoma State. I have met great friends there and enjoy most of my classes. Most professors are amazing, and there are plenty of opportunities to help further your education including research and extracurricular activities.

Katy

Attending Oklahoma State University is easily one of the best decisions i've ever made. From my first moment on campus i've known it is the place for me. The people around town and on campus are friendlier than I ever could've imagined. If you ever get lost people will go out of your way to show you where you need to go. The facilities on campus are top-notch. From our amazing football stadium to our brand new Human Sciences Building, you won't find a more beautiful campus anywhere.

Baylee

Oklahoma State University is the greatest school in the United States. Not only do the students wear the brightest orange, they also have the biggest hearts! This school has opened my eyes to the possibilities and great opportunities around me. I feel lucky to attend such a wonderful university. I have never felt as if I was alone, or that there was a problem that couldn’t be solved due to the support the campus provides. Whether that be academic, financial, or emotional problems. There is always someone, student or faculty, ready to lend a hand.

Hope

I have enjoyed my time here at Oklahoma State University and I fully intend on staying and completing my degree here. The campus is a very open and safe environment for anyone who comes and greets the beautiful campus. The professors and the classes that come alongside those professors are rather challenging but not impossible especially with the always helpful teachers who try their best to make sure each student understands what is going on in class.

Molly

I came to OSU from a class of 160 (like a lot of the students I met), and I was absolutely not prepared for how big campus really is. If you're coming with some friends or you make friends easily, you'll be fine. If you don't but you still choose OSU, just make sure you don't lock yourself away in your dorm (and room with a fellow freshman!).

Chealsea

I am in love with Oklahoma State University, I am so glad I took a leap of faith coming here. Most of the professors I have encountered are there strictly to further their students education, it is a research university. Professor have designated office hours but are available for appointment if needed which I find super helpful cause almost always I have classes during their office hours. Living on campus is fun and really helps freshmen transition into college. I love tailgating, game days and seeing alum all over campus. It warms my heart to know that I am only a small part of a bigger picture. Being apart of Greek life definitely contributed to how much I love and care for this University. If you want a homey feeling, awesome game days, lifelong friendships, a ton of memories and make a difference in the world, Oklahoma State University is the place for you. Forever loyal and true. GO POKES!!!

I enjoy attending Oklahoma State University and there are tons of on-campus resources for academics, personal/social needs, and recreation available to the students. However, most freshmen are unaware of a lot of their resources. The university tries to fix this by requiring everybody to take a first year seminar course and explaining some of the resources there. Every department on campus has their own webpage so resources are electronically available. There also is always something going on around campus but you have to be looking for it. Football, Basketball, and Wrestling are huge deals around OSU. Go Pokes!

Oklahoma State University took me in and made a home out of a unknown city. OSU is a place where you can be whatever you want to be, free of judgement. The campus facilities are great, the housing is great. Anything you could possibly need is accessible. And we have a Fuzzy's, so what's not to love?

Sierra

I enjoy the overall atmosphere of OSU. It is a campus that tries to be very inclusive and offers a variety of opportunities for all students. Everything about OSU is pretty much top notch. The one negative is parking availability. A parking pass does not guarantee a parking spot, which can be extremely frustrating. However, everything else is great.Professors are very intentional with their students and with their programs. It's a great school and there's so much school spirit!

Laura

OSU is the best place to be! I immediately felt like I was at home. The university made every effort to provide activities and opportunities for incoming freshmen to meet new people and find activities to suit my needs. I've made a ton of friends and can't imaging being anywhere else. It truly is America's Brightest Orange.

I love attending school at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater. Stillwater gives off a small town vibe and everyone is very friendly. It is easy to get involved in any activity at the school. I have many new friends from classes alone, but clubs are a great way to get involved.

Shelby

Oklahoma State is a great university to attend. Everyone is extremely friendly and they try to include you in as much as possible. There's always something going on, on campus, so it's hard not to get involved. The squirrels, geese, and ducks are even friendly.

Kellie

I have found home at Oklahoma State University my first year on campus. I have built friendships with the people in my living community and in my classrooms that I will always cherish and treasure. There truly is nothing quite like the world's greatest homecoming celebration in Stillwater or the sea of orange at our basketball and football games. Don't forget the Cheese Fries at Joes!

Bailey

I love Oklahoma State! Sometimes we could do a better jobs at keeping the campus more up to date and hiring a few better professors, but overall I couldn't see myself anywhere else! I am studying engineering and I can definitely say, our college of engineering, architecture, and technology is the best you'll find. The professors and faculty truly care about your success.

OSU is a overall a campus of happy people that will support their athletics crews to the end no matter the outcome. No matter how big a loss we have during our football games you will always hear every fan saying, "They tried hard!" It's a common theme among everything in our community. We love and we support no matter what!!

Oklahoma State University is my home away from home. Everyone on this campus is part of the Cowboy family. You cannot walk around campus without being greeted with a smile. The architecture amazes me daily. The Georgian-style buildings are perfectly placed, and each matches the others. The formal gardens boast the best view of the library and are home to beautiful flowers and topiaries. On game days, the campus is transformed into a mosaic of tailgaters, cheerleaders, and the brightest marching band in all the land. The Cowboy family comes together to root for the team ​and remains loyal and true no matter the outcome.

Brett

Beautiful Campus, well known for its alumni association and housing the best services for current students and having the brightest orange in America, as well as the aspirations to be the healthiest campus in America. Its football program practically gives OSU the recognition they have been receiving the past 100+ years as a means to continue their Alma Mater of "Loyal and True".

ishata

Oklahoma State University is a great college for any student everyone is very friendly around campus and willing to help you out. There are many great opportunities and faculty to help guide you in the right direction. The facilities around campus are meant to help students be successful. Over all its a great college that has something for everyone to part take of.

Emilee

I love living at OSU and attending school here. It has opened up so many opportunities for me including showing me that I Can do research but also teach as a career path. I've gotten involved in research, gone to club meetings, attended campus events there is always something to do on campus. There are also plenty of places that offer help for the students because college can be stressful and overwhelming. The Reboot Center offers a quiet place to reboot yourself, health services offer free counseling, and the dogs of Pete's Pet Posse are always there to put a smile on students' faces.

Hailey

Coming from out of state, I knew nobody. Originally I thought that everyone was overly friendly, but I soon figured out that it is supposed to be like that. Everyone here is very helpful and nice. Getting out and joining a group or organization that you're interested in actually helps with knowing people and learning who you actually are. Professors at OSU WANT to help you, but if you don't try, they won't know you need it. I have had experience to where I went to my professor's office hours almost everyday to avoid failing a course, I ended up passing and getting a B on my final. Athletics at OSU is a big part of the school. The campus is well kept and beautiful.

Cathryn

The second your step on the Oklahoma State University Stillwater campus you feel at home. I can easily say that you will find your people and things that drive you to become the best you can be at this campus. With a small town charm, you get the comforts of a home away from home. You will have classes that have 200+ students yet the majority are intimate, closed settings that allow you to achieve close relations with your professors. The academic environment is outstanding. There is always academic support for whatever your needs may be. Many families worry about their student's quality of living and let me guarantee you that Oklahoma State falls in the highest category. The dorms are absolutely amazing and clean. Your CM (community mentor, like a typical RA) is always willing to help you out and give you all the information for upcoming on-campus events. The food assortment is outstanding. Ranging from nice, sit-down meals, to on the go prepared meals, there is something to fit every craving. The main thing about this campus is that you will feel safe and at home. With that feeling you will be able to thrive and do excellent in your path of academic success at Oklahoma State University.

Kristi

I love Oklahoma State University. I have never felt more at home even when my hometown is 500 miles away. I have met many close friends through clubs and extracurriculars as well as growing to love the campus culture. There are many factors that drive me to keep returning to Oklahoma State and I know that I will always feel safe surrounded by encouraging friends and classmates.

Braylee

Oklahoma State is not only a visually beautiful campus, but the people are amazing as well. It truly feels like the students and alumni are all family, I have never felt unwelcome at OSU. I feel as if there is a place for people of all backgrounds to explore their interests and develop academically as well as socially. Oklahoma State has definitely impacted my life in such a positive way.

Callie

Oklahoma State University is a large campus with a small town vibe. The campus is very inviting and has something for everyone. This is because the campus is large enough to hold multiple events, but yet still holds the feeling that what you're doing is unique and special. Overall, the school is a home away from home and only Oklahoma State students have two homes.

Ryhan

I love OkState! the atmosphere is everything and the people are amazing. The campus is overwhelming at first, but once you get comfortable, it has a small school environment.

Kali

Oklahoma State University is the best university I have ever set foot on. My favorite thing about OSU is how close-knit and supportive the student body is. I come from Kansas City, KS, and I can honestly say there is a huge difference in the culture between home and campus. In high school, I didn't really have a close group of friends because I was really shy and had trouble getting comfortable around others. After moving to OSU, all of that changed. People always smile and hold doors, encourage me to get involved, and just treat me like family. I never have to go anywhere alone, and if I do, I'm bound to make a friend or two along the way - the University Bookstore, the Library, in line for lunch, no one has made me feel like a stranger. Homecoming is even better because everyone comes together to show their orange pride, not just the students, but the community as well. We have a carnival and chili cook-off, make floats for the parade and display them during the famous Walkaround, dye the library fountain orange, and so much more. There's a reason Oklahoma State University has America's Greatest Homecoming Celebration. OSU truly is the best school in the nation, and I encourage everyone to at least visit and experience not only the bond we share as students, but also experience America's Brightest Orange. Go Pokes!

I think Oklahoma State University is a great place to go to school. The campus is beautiful and the people are really nice. The small town feel is nice, but there are not very many things to do off campus. The professors that I have had are almost always really good professors. The classes are rewarding.

Jalen

Attending Oklahoma State University after being born and raised in the Dallas Fort Worth are has been an enormous culture shock for me. Turning into an Oklahoma State Cowboy in the middle of no where after being a city kid for most of my life had a huge impact on my college experience. Even though this new experience was somewhat scary and difficult everyone at Oklahoma State University has very good energy and make even the middle of nowhere seem just like home to me. My over all opinion on Oklahoma State University is it is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me because the school has made my college experience everything I'd dream it would be!

Morgan

OSU is a generally great school to attend. The campus is beautiful and easy to navigate, and there are always lots of events and fun things to do. It is one of the healthiest college campuses in the United States​ and has a beautiful recreation center to show for it, offering many free fitness classes each week.

OSU gives students the opportunity to become whatever they want to become to make the world a better place to live. A very friendly campus and community. OSU provides students with everything they need to be successful as a student and an Alumni. The resourses at OSU are readily available even to the working student.

Mackenzie

I love the overall atmosphere of the OSU campus. Everyone is very nice and welcoming here. Football games are the best part of the week in Stillwater

Shane

Great school that provides a great education if you take it seriously. There are plenty of opportunities to be successful at Oklahoma State and there is truly the most amazing professors who will take the time out of their day to help you outside of office hours.

Sara

My experience attending Oklahoma State University has proven to be influential to my daily progression as a working professional. The faculty and staff provided me with basic fundamentals of learning and education, which have allowed me to succeed in my early professional career. As a student in the School of Architecture, I received devoted attention from many professors, and was challenged regularly to develop my design and critical thinking skills. The facilities and campus are overwhelmingly well maintained, and the local community supports and up-lifts the town's student population.

Oklahoma State is truly a place I call home. The environment is overall welcoming and friendly. We call ourselves one big cowboy family because that is exactly what it is. The campus is gorgeous year-round and especially decorated for Christmas and America's greatest homecoming. All the buildings are accessible to students and provide many resources needed.

Danae

Oklahoma State University was a wonderful place me to receive a quality education. The teachers are very responsive and generally want students to succeed. While the schooling is rigorous students will leave OSU feeling like it was a worth while experience.

Jessie

I love it here we are a huge family and nothing could get any better!

Stephen

There is always something to do, if you need help there's plenty of people happy to help you. It's a clean campus, super friendly people. The on campus food is good but slightly expensive at times. On campus job opportunities are abundant. Housing is good despite some hold backs. Won't trade this college experience for anything.

Kate

It's a gorgeous campus and everyone is always welcoming and helpful

Jacob

The Oklahoma State University campus in Stillwater offers many opportunities for furthering your education and participating in activities all over the campus. In my experience Professors have always been readily available for students to visit their offices, and email them when they're not there. Housing and amenities are very nice and are usually kept with high upkeep by maintenance and cleaners.