Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City

Kelsey

Alright, listen up Kelsey. Keep your head out of the clouds. Stop focusing on games and entertainment so much. You need to have a better GPA so that you can do better in college, and get better scholarships. I didn't focus enough and I wish I did. I need you to do this. If you focus, keep your grades up, and keep your head where it needs to be, then you will not go wrong. Sure I met some amazing people through gaming, but it ultimately doesn't help you through college unless you have grades and scholarships to prove you can focus on not only what is important, but also what you want to do with your life. Keep at it. You do not want to make your mother disappointed. It's not worth her tears and anger. Get those grades up, focus, and make sure to ask questions. You will succeed.

Rebecca

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself to choose a school that has great credentials. I would also inform myself to utilize all the resources the campus has available such the libraries, study groups, tutors, educators, advisors. I would also tell myself to get involved in campus activities that will keep me focus and knowledgeable. I would explain to myself how time management and organization is vital when studying. I would also explain how college life can be fun but also challaging. I would encourage myself to surround myself with positive people. I would also tell myself to study everyday or posibly 3-4 hours per subject. I would also encourage myself to have fun, enjoy the experience because it could be a great one. I would also inform myself on how important it is to do your best because what you you learn in college would reflect on your success in the future and in the real world. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and tell myself about college I would say Study.

Andrea

The most important thing I would advise myself would be to to take education seriously. As a high school senior I felt like I had the rest of my life to to to school. I blinked twice and was 34 yrs old with 3 kids going to college for the first time. I would advise myself to be resourceful. If there is something that I want, then it is completely up to me to get it. No one will give you anything. I would advise myself to study even though I felt confident about a subject. I would advise myself to surround myself with positive influences that will help me succeed. I would advise myself not to use excuses to get out of situations, face the consequences of my actions and learn from mistakes. I would encourage myself to speak up and voice my opinion more often and never be afraid of letting others know how you feel. I would advise myself to always look for the good in situations because if you focus on the negative then only bad things will come out of a situation. I would not want to do anything over again, but smile more! Thanks

Helen

Get it done. I had two friends when I stayed in the dorm they went to class and came back to the dorm and studied they did this Sunday thru Thursday. My friends enjoyed life on Friday and Saturday. This is my second chance, this is what gets me thru now to know that if I put the time in I can make it. Be devoted to your studing it will pay off.

Alyssa

I have learned that in life there is no one to hold your hand the entire way. Life, if to be liven successfully, takes a great deal of responsibility, self discipline, and dedication. It has been valuable for me to attend because I would have lived off my parents for a very long time had I not attended which is unfair to them.

Financial aid take a ridiculous amount of time to process. People would like to know their balance upfront.

Genesis

OSU-OKC is a very convenient location for me. I am carrying a full time job and school. The campus is clean and refreshing. Its ldeal for people who want to recieve training for existing careers and new careers.

My college experience this time around has been great. I tried the college route when I was younger and didnt take anything seriously. I am paying for it now. Im older now and more mature. I realize now that extended education is a great priviledge to experience. I enjoy going to school. My schedule is very hectic sometimes and I feel that are not enough hours in the day to complete everything. But I wouldnt change a minute of it.

A person who wants to have the typical college life (pariies, dorms, etc) should not attend this school. They dont have on-campus living. Other than that this school is great for anyone.

Tiffany

My classmates are multi-cultural.

My classmates are multi-cultural.

I would tell myself that grades and GPA are the most important to focus on. I would also tell myself to wait until College Graduation to have a baby and start a family.

The kind of student that wishes to live in a dorm or party all the time.

Misty

They support and are good at helping when you miss class. They have helped me take notes.

To continue with school instead of taking time off to party. Some things you will regret when you are older like struggling from one paycheck to another. Fretting over your kids not getting to go to special places. I thing if you would go to school after highschool it would be easier that doing it now. Four kids as a full time student is hard work and long hours.

A student who is willing to learn and enjoys small class sizes. The have a excellent free tutoring service when you dont understand your work. The school is very good class schedules for the working adult.

Zak

It's fun, I'm learning, but it is not affordable.

It's fun, I'm learning, but it is not affordable.

If there was one thing in life I could do, it would be the chance to go back in time and correct my wrongs from my senior year. I graduated early to get out of the school; the atmosphere was not good for me, or my education. In doing so, I feel like I lost a lot of scholarship opportunities and some parts of my education. Knowing what I know now about college now, I wish I would have stayed for my senior year, I feel like I lost an important step in transfer process. I still to this day tell myself I should have toughed it out so I could have had help from counselors, and staff. Not only was it a horrible mess trying to fall into the college life, but I had no clue as how to navigate through college itself. I needed help from the counselors and staff, someone to explain what an A.A.S and BMA are, someone to tell me where to go to get certain things done, such as enrolling, or applying for financial aid. Fortunately I have defeated these hurtles and am on my way to securing my future.

It is the same education as a four year university, but closer, and more affordable. The staff, and students are great too!

Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.