Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City

Laura

Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City has always been the first option for me as a student, it has also been the first option for my parents. It is extremely easy to get caught up on the title of the college or the sports teams and forget about the education or prices. OSU-OKC offers the same education for the less expensive route. Not to mention, it's always near-by to everything you would ever need.

olivia

It is such a great campus with really nice people who are willing to help anybody. They provide access to their many great facilities. The professors really care about the well being and the success of their students and do anything they can to help them.

Leslie

A great place to start a college career. Very good professors and reasonable class sizes.

Dawnita

Overall, the best head start before continuing a higher education in a four-year college program. The less the classroom size, the better the interaction and communication towards the professors and administration. Several organizations, such as Student Government, Black Student Association, and Students Leaders of Tomorrow has created a huge impact of becoming a leader towards my family and peers. There is a diversity of students from different aspects of the world, which is a great encounter; finally,the affordable cost of tuition.

Great school to attend if interested in becoming a fire fighter, paramedic, nurse, police officer, etc.

Tiffany

I’ve had the pleasure of attending Oklahoma City University-OKC and it is with great honor that I write this review. It’s not often you find a community college that still gives you the feeling of being at a four year university. The staff and students all share a sense of pride and honor to be a cowboy. That’s one of the great things about OSU-OKC. The school pride and energy makes everyone feel like they belong. From the time you step foot on the large campus grounds there is always someone there to help you with a friendly smile and welcoming spirit. Perhaps, that is the thing I like the most. The faculty is always ready and willing to offer you great support, they even have tutors readily available if you need them, so you always feel like they want you to succeed. Another great thing about OSU-OKC is that they offer over 40 degree/ certificate programs so the possibilities are endless. Many students choose to acquire a four year degree and the ease of transferring is a plus. The campus grounds are landscaped impeccably and although it feels really safe there is always campus security very present. This school website provides the most up to date info to keep students in the know about campus activities and events. In summary OSU-OKC is great because not only is less expensive, with plenty of degree options, in a great location, but you also get the opportunity be true cowboy. Go Pokes!

Victorya

I took only online classes my first year, but this semester I'm enrolled in two classes on campus. The class sizes are average and I really enjoy the overall atmosphere on campus. It's peaceful and even though the parking lot is usually full during the week, you can't tell by just walking around. It's quiet and people are very respectful of others who might be studying.

Tulop

Oklahoma City State university OKC was my first experience with college. I felt that i made alot of friends there that i would not have met anywhere else, people are all interesting and have a sense of maturity. Keep in mind that the college is a community college so there would be no dorms, but that didn't mean there was no sense of community. There where several clubs to join and leadership and marketing classes encouraged activity outside of class. There would often be notifications of events such as watching a movie for the whole college, or of volunteer groups gathering in the cafeteria in order to show students ways in which they can volunteer. Each class i felt treated like an adult, not as a kid, your opinion was valued and your thoughts sought after and nurtured. You were allowed to ask a question, or to debate, and the teachers helped refine us so we could critically think for ourselves atleast in most of the classes I attended.

Danielle

Its a great campus not over-whelming like most Universities. The class size are comfortable and not big. The teachers make themselves available to you when in need of help. The tutors are great. They are always eager to help you. I would recommend this college to everyone.

Cheyenne

My major is Enterprise Development with General Studies as the concentration. (It won't let me enter that above.) The school is adequate, there are clubs but not many and they aren't advertised that much. Some of the teachers really love what they do but some just read from a textbook. All of the teachers are very chill, which is a plus. Since the campus is one where people do not live at, people don't do drugs or drink on campus. The craziest thing I've seen is a dude vape in a hallway. The campus is pretty safe. There was a person who threatened to kill some people and in response the school increased security and the dude got arrested. The school will fire/exchange teachers who don't teach well so you won't get a horrible teacher, at worst you'll get an unmotivated and/or boring teacher. For example my friend had a teacher who didn't give due dates or grade and I had a teacher that cancelled class a lot, both were exchanged for different teachers.

JACQUELINE

I did my basic classes here before transferring to another university. I have been here a few years and I can't say enough good things about this school. I professors are awesome but definitely recommend looking on rate a professor if you can. There are many clubs and if you need help definitely recommend the tutoring center helped me pass my classes. The only thing that kind of annoyed me is that without notifying the students that they were adding a high school into one of the building so they removed a section of parking to the college students and only for that high school. I hope they are better with things that they affect college students in the future.

This is school is well rounded even though it's not a full college with dorms and greek life. In my opinion, we don't need it we have so much more to offer. We have people from all walks of life in this school and can help them all get an education. Also as an added bonus if you ever need an extra class to have for any reason I would 100% recommend the humanities course with Ainsworth. He's the best teacher ever and if he taught more classes I would only take his if I could. In the end, the school overall is amazing and I would recommend to anyone.

Ciara

It's a good school with a variety of majors. The only thing I dislike is that a lot of classes are offered online now and I don't learn very well that way. The schools financial aid and business office are always understanding and willing to help and so are the professors.

Aubree

My overall opinion of OSU: OKC is a rather positive one. Getting involved with clubs is easy, making friends and being around others is even easier. The campus itself is easy to navigate and is pretty small compared to many other campuses! Faculty members are really nice and will go above and beyond to meet the needs of their students. Some professors are harder to get ahold of than others but those usually are the adjunct professors. Other professors are wonderful and will answer all your questions to an extensive degree and email you back within an hour. This is my first semester at the school and I only see one con side to it, The textbooks. You never know if truly need the textbook or not and if you buy or rent them and end up not using them it can be a waste of money. On top of that, you can not always rent all your textbooks, you have to buy all the loose leaf books.

Joseph

I believe that I would be a good fit, if I were to find myself going to the school. I know that the school has a really well put together petroleum engineering program. And that is the same field of working that I have always wanted to do. I have had family members that went to this school and enjoyed their stay. I would say that this is a great school to attend.

Heather

It’s hard to explain but to me ..it’s like my own definition of heaven. Past couple years I fought a brain injury and severe epilepsy and almost allowed myself to faulted ...but I didn’t and now IM HERE.While others see it as a hassle or distraction I see it as a chance

Axton

Great college to do minors for cheap but still get e great and cheap experience! Definitely cheaper than on the university but you still get the same great classes! Definitely will be attending in the fall of 2019 and I am very excited for the fun and memories to be made!

I absolutely fell in love with the college when I first went on a campus tour. I am not big on being outside of Texas, but when I saw the school and interacted with the people I realized that this is my dream school and have wanted to go there ever since.