Old Dominion University

« See more reviews of Old Dominion University

The best type of place to start a life away from your family. Having grown up in the area I dont feel like I'm in Norfolk when I am on campus because of the diverse atmosphere. There are plenty of ways to get involve in the school and make long lasting friends with a wide variety of clubs and organizations. There are also many departments available to help you grow academically and as a person. The University definitely helps you during you time there and sets you up for success after you graduate.

The thing I brag about most when telling my friend about my school is how much the professors want to help the students. During my high school years, I always felt like I was in a constant competition with my teachers, trying to prove them wrong about my academic capabilities, but when I started school at Old Dominion, I truly felt like my professors wanted me to succeed. This had made a huge difference in my academic career. I want to not only do well for myself, but for my professors as well.

Old dominon University has a great sports program. With our new football team, out-standing basketball team, and our sailing program we are coming up as one of the greats in the college sports world. Also, I like to brag about the schools engineering program. We are one of the top ranked schools in the state when it comes to this. That is really what made me want to attend Old Dominion and that made it my number one school choice.

Since ODU is ranked #6 in our football athletics i brag about that all the time. I mean this is a lifetime memory where i can brag to my children's children about how my college football team made it to the NCAA championships. Who can brag about that other than huge colleges such as Albama State or even Oregon state. I hope our football team keep impressing everyone years to come. We are the underdogs! Go ODU !

I love the size of the school. There is such a variety of people that you can enjoy different groups of friends and meets lots of new people in classes. In addition to the sudent body, I love the campus. It is small enough where you can get to your classes quickly. The surrounding area also offers so much in terms of food and social events. Norfolk has a lot of fun places.

I tell my friends about the feeling that I receive when I'm walking around campus. It just gives me a feeling that says ,"I'm home, I'm where I should be." Its hard to describe to people know have never experienced that feeling, but for those know have its wonderful. I wouldn't change school for anything. I'm home.

The sense of community, and how friendly the staff and faculty are. I brag about how you can always find something to do on campus and the campus is diverse; therefore, you get to interact with a lot of different people. How good are football team did for its first year, and the everyone has school spirit.

I would brag that Old Dominion University is a massive school with great diversity which provides a great advantage of other colleges and universitites. Also, the professors are not simply looking for a paycheck but actually there to teach and help students excel beyond their expectations.

When I brag about Old Dominion University, I speak mostly on the people there and the new construction done on campus. Our campus is looking brand new and better every day, while the people there are some of the best people I will ever meet.

I boast to all of my friends that Geology is the best major because we normally go on 3 field trips in each class per semester. The entertainment of field work easily breaks up the monotony of classroom academics.