Old Dominion University

« See more reviews of Old Dominion University

What I consider to be the most frustrating thing about Old Dominion University (ODU) is how housing is distributed. Freshman who apply for housing are guaranteed it while everyone else, including me, has to quickly apply by a specific deadline for a very limited amount of space. ODU usually has a large influx of freshmen due to it having one of the lowest interest rates in Virginia, causing less housing to be available for all returning students. This reduces the cost of returning to ODU; however, it forces us to commute, and not everyone can have efficient transportation to classes.

The most frustrating thing I would have to say is when classes are available. Some classes are only offered in the fall and others are only offered in the spring and it makes it really difficult to be able to graduate early or get ahead when you're limited on when you can take certain classes. The other frustrating thing is the availability of Starbucks. There's two on campus with long lines and they aren't open all the time on the weekend, so late nights on weekends are difficult to say the least.

The most frustrating thing about my school and this seems a bit shallow is that our football team is not too great. We are Division 1 school and in Conference USA, but there are many times when I question that. I am a huge football fan and I love going to football games, but sometimes it is a little too difficult to watch the game when your team is being smoked by 20 points in the first quarter.

Although it is hard for me to find something that frustrates me about my school, I would have to say that the process of housing is a little frustrating. It is based on a point system this year that was really complicated and that left a lot of people who wanted certain housing with their last choice. Otherwise, not very much at all frustrates me about my school.

For me, the most frustrating thing at my school is seeing students that don't care about their education. Too many students fail to realize their potential and they put forth too little effort. Unfortunately, many of these students don't realize how important it is that they're in college; mommy and daddy paid for them to be here and they think it's play time.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact I have to commute so far. I must drive almost an hour, one way for school and sometimes must deal with terrible traffic. The classes, professors and the school work itself are easy. At this time, there is no way for me to live closer to the campus. I simply wish I didn't have such a long commute.

The most frustrating thing is how rude the staff are and how they don't do the job they are supposed to be doing. I will be transferring soon because I am so sick of how this school wastes money on programs like football and doesn't even focus on anything for the arts. The school should say ODU : School of Engineering and Technology.

The housing process is not the best. It is not hard for the freshman to be put into housing, but it is a mad house for the upperclassmen. It was hard for students who had four people trying to live together to all be in one dorm. this was because ramdom people would already be placed in a room leaving only three rooms open.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking. As a commuter, I don't appreciate when the school blocks off three of the five levels of the parking garage for an open house or an event at the convocation center. I pay a lot of money for my parking permit and I still have hard time parking.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the size. I like that its a big school because you meet different people but unfortunately, I tend to get lost on campus sometimes. I know where all the big, important areas are, but if I asked to go pick something up, I would need directions.