Old Dominion University

« See more reviews of Old Dominion University

One of the greatest things about Old Dominion , and universities in general is the plethora of opportunities. There are many opportunities to get involved, learn, and simply take advantage of this experience. At Old Dominion, there are constanlty educational lectures as well as social events.Some of my favorite educational experiences include taking a world religions course and participating in an apprecenticeship with the Indusrial/Organizational Psychology Department. The Student Activities Council hosts many free events including movie nights, bowling events and laser tag.Because of these programs and others like it, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at ODU!

I will, again, say that the best thing about my school are the professors. Putting a student in an environment where they feel comfortably challenged, and motivated to do well, in my opinion, will increase the students academic performance. Old Dominion has an excellent team of helpful staff members, who are passionate about what they are teaching. If the professor is excited about the class, then the students will be as well. I feel completely comfortable with asking questions about things I don't understand. I know that whenever I need help, a professor will always be there.

There a couple things that I like best. One we have nationally ranked sports teams. Two, the programs that my school has to offer are some of the top programs in the area. Three the location of the school is perfect. There are tons of things to do within 5 minutes to 2 hours from campus. Four, the school offers hundred of clubs and activities. The school allows for new activities and clubs to be created everyday by students. Finally, the best thing about my school is the fact that they try to help you with interning before you graduate.

I think the best thing about Old Dominion University is the obvious sense of community. When walking around campus, it's easy to see that many students are close with one another. In this, diversity is a major factor because the university accepts so many people of different ethnic backgrounds, which deters students from ethnocentrism. The university accomodates incoming freshman and transfer students by helping them adapt to these surroundings and feel like they are at a home away from home.

While the school is known as somewhat of a commuter school, ODU has greatly improved the atmosphere of campus. Sports are experiencing great changes and there are so many organizations available, you just have to go out and find your place. ODU has the perfect balance of a small campus, where you can walk around and see someone you know, and such a large community, with a big student body and a place for everyone. ODU is transforming from a commuter school to one with a vibrant campus life.

The independence! Old Dominion University treats you as a grown up. A far cry from my parents never ending lists of questions and constantly checking up on me. I enjoy the diversity of people, from the kid from a rich family from a foreign country down to the kid from the ghetto around the corner. This is like a breath of fresh air. Everyone here is interesting, with a unique life story and unbelievable ideas of new ways at working together to get things done. Loving college!!

I love that there is always something to do at Old Dominion. The school provides a variety of events that are all about getting to know people and just having a good time. Its so important to get out there and meet peope duiring college and ODU gives students a way to do that. Wheteher its going to a party, attending a campus fair, or listening to a guest speaker, there's always something to do on campus that will help you make new connections and learn new things.

The best thing about my school is the committment of the teachers and staff. The teachers are really dedicated to the subjects they teach and to the students. All of the teachers I have encountered have gone out of their way to help me succeed. At this school, the students know that if they ever have a problem there is always a teacher or advisor who would be more than happy to help them. The teachers are what make Old Dominion University the college that it is.

The professors. The professors are engaging. They dont just stand there and lecture, the make us learn from our peers and it help us gain insight and appreciate more than one point of view. They not only give us the knowledge that we need, but they keep us interested whther it's through writing blogs, team projects, or in-class assignments. Their teaching methods enable us to think outside of the box and develop our own ideas and speaking voice.

The best thing about my school is its growth. In the last few years I have seen ODU grow from a very dull campus of commuter students to a school with spirit (and even a football team now). There is definitely a growing sense of community on campus and I love it more and more each day. The friends I've made here are people just like me (always had to work for what they got, nothing was handed to them), and I know I've made life-long friends.