Olivet Nazarene University Top Questions

Bennet

There are a few religeon-specific rules, but they are easy to get used to. They are not life-altering. It is a dry campus, but it is not strongly enforced off campus. It is easy to deal with the small frustrations.

India

We don't have much of a campus life. We allso cannot wear what we want to.

The most frustrating thing about my school is curfew. It gets kind of hard sometimes when you have a big exam or group project and you have to get in your room at a certain time rather than cramming at starbucks, or the library.

Brooklyn

The most frustrating thing about my school is that cost way to much. I love my school but the cost makes it hard to want to stay when it is time to think about paying for school.

Beth

The most frustrating thing about my school would include the rules. Random rules include: having a curfew, writing out passes when you leave campus overnight, certain piercings and tattoos are forbidden, and girls are not allowed to wear shorts until after 4:30 during the week.

Well to be truthful it is a very religious school but it really doesn't frustrate me.

Heidi

It can sometimes be difficult to fit classes into a schedule you want because there are sometimes only a few options open for certain classes.

The most frustrating thing about my school this past year is that tuition was raised another $2000 and financial aid was cut back.

stephanie

The most frustrating thing about this school is that we can't wear facial piercings. I had a lip ring before i came and I got in trouble a couple times because they said i am not allowed to wear it. I hate it because i think it takes away the abilty to be indivisual and to express yourself.

It's frustrating to try to figure out positive activites (that are fun) to fill your time. Being at a Christian university, you have to make sure that you represent the school in a good way, so you have to decide which activities are appropiate to attend, and which ones could lead to trouble. Also, because different people have different ideas about what is fun, you try to pick something that is fun for you, but also appropiate at the same time!

Stacey

The most frustrating thing about Olivet is it is a rich kids school. I sometimes feel like I can't keep up with the other students in what they own or how nice the things they own are.

Tuition is the most frustrating part. It is increasing every semester, and will be getting up to 30,000 by my senior year. Also, there is a strict dress code, where we cant wear shorts until after 430, and the food is not very accommodating to different diets, such as vegetarians.

Conservative, white, close-minded

Very strict rules.

Reuben

The few students who come here who do not appreciate the schools' mission, focus and/or ideals.

The Nazarene doctrine didn't offer much understanding for other religions