Oral Roberts University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Oral Roberts University

Brian

I really love that God has given me the opportunity to go and be a student there. God's presence truly rests there. Overall every student knows that they are there for a purpose. The president of the university seeks to provide the best opportunities for the students. It's a great school overall!

Laramie

I personally love ORU because of the Christian atmosphere and how kind upperclassmen were to me when I first arrived. Also, all of the Professors that I have had so far are really encouraging and helpful. Oral Roberts University also has a thing about getting its students in shape and keeping them healthy. We have a beautiful campus and chapel is great. I could not ask for a better college! God Bless

Joshua

On March 3, 2016, as a junior in high school, I fell in love with ORU. I remember that when I sat in the heart of the campusI felt something deep in my heart that I had never experienced before: an undeniable sense of certainty that I had found a piece of my future. It was an incredible and immensely moving experience. There is a peace and a joy that fills every inch of the campus -it is unbelievable- and the evidence is clear: the campus life is outstanding, the student body is more of a family, and the faculty & staff & professors are nothing short of stellar! Eight hundred thirty-three days ago I knew that I would be ORU's number one fan. It is a privilege to get to advocate for Oral Roberts University being the finest school that there is!!!

Lance

Oral Roberst University is a thriving university that is celebrating its 50th anniversary. The campus has been recently renovated as well as an amazing alumni center called "The Hammer" for current to former and current students to study and hangout. From student housing to classes you'll get a great experience and make memories that will last a lifetime.

Miranda

Great school, great atmosphere, there is not a person on campus (visiting or living there) that wouldn't help someone that was in need. Teachers really want you to do well as a person, not just pas their class. SUPER religious.. would advise not going there if you aren't even the slightest bit religious at all.

Before you read this, I’m going to warn you, I believe in a personal loving God. So this is my story. When I was in high school, I remember saying “ew gross. I’m never going to live in Oklahoma.” However, Oral Roberts University completely changed that. I am now living in Oklahoma because I go to school at Oral Roberts University, and I have no regrets. I am in love with my school; I am now a junior and my past two years at ORU have been life changing. I was brought to the school because of a track and cross country scholarship. Little did I know that my college experience would be so much more than running. My freshman year was tough because I didn’t know what I liked or who I truly was. I was a computer science major, I wasn’t very involved in the campus because I was so busy with running, and I was injured later in the year so I couldn’t run track. I was in a season in my life where I felt lonely. The school is based on prayer, so I begged God to bring out of this feeling I had. What I didn’t realize, was that God had gotten me alone because that was when I had to learn to hear his voice. That was a time in my life when I grew so much closer to God. Every year I grew closer to God. And my sophomore year was just filled with so much fun, adventure and new friends. I found my identity in Christ. And I changed my major to psychology, and I am thriving. It’s super busy though. The psychology department is great! So overall, ORU is an amazing school. It brings you through a journey. You get what you put in at ORU. The students there are so friendly, the professors truly care about you, and it’s a tight knit community. ORU has its flaws, but overall, I give it 5 stars because it’s amazing. It’s a beautiful campus as well. The buildings are literally the color gold.

Jazmyn

My overall opinion of Oral Roberts University is extremely positive. When you first step on campus you feel like you belong, everyone is so friendly and helpful even if you don't know them. Student community is also extremely important to us as we chant at our various sports events. We thrive our college years. You know you have the comfort of staying fit in your college years here! We are required to walk or run 2 miles each semester, which is very easy but it is very easy to be physically active here with a all access student gym with an olympic style pool!

ORU is a great learning environment. Teachers push students not just to memorize the content, but to understand the concepts as well. We also have great student diversity and lots of international students. Extra activities like music or sports are here enough that if your into them then theres something to do, but if your not them their not in your face all the time.

Marcus

I love how Oral Roberts has a real community to it that cares for everyone. The professors and staff truly care about the students and for them to get the best education. I think ORU is the perfect fit for someone looking for a smaller school with a close community of students.

Gunter

Oral Roberts may be smaller than other schools. They may not have as many facilities as other schools. They may not have huge sports programs of other schools. They may not even have as many students as other schools. However, I can guarantee Oral Roberts is better than any other school on your list. The community of people is so caring, loving, and fun that you feel like you've made a family within your first year. Add in the God aspect and the entire experience is like a giant summer camp with homework added in. It will be the greatest choice of your life guaranteed​.

Shapaula

In my opinion, Oral Roberts University is an amazing school to attend. From the very first day I arrived I was surrounded by friends and faculty members who supported me and my college career. The professors are very friendly and I can tell that they care about the success of their students.

Sierra

Oral Roberts University can be a great school, although I believe it is not for everyone. Beside that, the campus is lovely and it feels like a small town where everyone knows everyone. It is fun and always active. The academics are great and the teachers care about you.

Meaghan

I just started as a transfer student to Oral Roberts University this fall. I have loved every minute of being there so far. Not only is a greatly place to get a top-notch education but you as a student are taught to seek after the whole person. That whole person theory encompasses spirit, mind, and body. I feel really privileged to be at this school.

Karina

I absolutely love this university. It is the dream school. Not only are the academics good, the professors, environment, and how its all centered around Jesus is what makes it all worth it. It's challenging but so worth it, wouldn't want to go to any other university

I love Oral Roberts University! Everyone is so friendly, and encouraging, and there is always someone there to lift you up. The professors are amazing and truly care about their students. God is the true center of everything we do on campus, and we love to make Him known to the world!

Arayna

It has a great reputation but it's beginning to fall away from that and have a culture like every other college. Not dissing other schools, but it used to pride itself on being different. I still like the school and very much want to get my degree from here, I just wish it held up to all its claims.

Faran

I love this school and thank you for making me of what I'm today. This school has helped challenged me to be physically, mentally and spiritually well. Some program are better than the others, but everyone department is trying it's best to pour into the lives of of student.

Elianna

Oral roberts university is a fantastic college. the campus is beautiful and the academics are great. The education program is difficult but rewarding. The food could use a lot of improvment though. In the beginning the food is good but as the year goes on it slowly gets worse

Jack

Oral Roberts University is a polarizing place, even for its students. The education you receive helps you greatly in your department. Socially, the Christian atmosphere can be overwhelming for some-me included-but there are plenty of chill people to find no matter what your background or friendtype happens to be. Personally, I love the city, the campus, the professors, and my friends. That being said, I fully understand some of my friends threatening to transfer complaints. You have to accept the bad with the good at ORU, and for a lot of people, that can be too much to bear.

Sarah-Katheryn

I have enjoyed my time here. Sometimes the administration makes decisions without fully considering the outcome on the students and that can be frustrating, but when you think about them trying to further a business, it makes sense. It can be frustrating to try and be successful here in the sense that dealing with the higher ups of the departments or the school itself are belligerent to change or flexibility. I had everything planned to be done in four years and almost everyone here has to take a fifth because things just plain aren't offered in a certain semester because they just haven't been before or the budget excuse is used when they've spent loads of money on a building that has hardly any extra classroom space and a VR room that not many of us even use. This year our incoming freshman class was huge and there wasn't enough space for everyone on campus. Numbers are good for the university, but when it put a dent in on campus options (mind you they require us to live on campus and make it near impossible to live off) they had to make last minute accommodations to make enough room. Next year because they are predicting the incoming class will be large again (which we still don't have room for) they changed everything about housing - which in turn literally left people without a room, and made a plan for a new dorm that probably wont go up for the next three years. Projects always happen late here.

Heytherejude

Its a good school. Its a bit pricy but it is a private school. The school is very small so it is hard to get into the classes that you want. The faculties are very nice and are very understanding and sympathetic. Teachers are either really good or mediocre.

Rejoice

Its an excellent school with excellent opportunities. We are told to make no little plans. So true because we go there thinking one thing but we discover a whole lot of oppurtunites . We just go for it and we end up leaving with more to our name than we intended. Its pretty cool.

Phaedra

Oral Roberts University is not very fun. The students are not up for intelligent conversation or to have new, fun experiences. The business school, however, is very challenging and rewarding. The school is very religious, and if you are not religious, you are made to feel like you don't belong. People have actually been denied their degree for homosexuality. The only positive is that the professors at ORU, at least in the accounting program, are outstanding.

Fishomi

Overall, I hold my college in high regard. Oral Roberts University is a fantastic college with a good, strong christian ethos. The university emphasizes on molding the whole person and creating well - rounded students and graduates which go out and positively influence their world. I can testify that they succeed in doing this. Admittedly, the college is relatively expensive but there are scholarship opportunities available. The student association on campus, coupled with the faculty and staff and the friends you make ensure a good student life and experience throughout the four year study, regardless of your major.

obadiah

ORU is a great college people here are friendly and nice, we are all family here. It could be better if they had a football team. The classes are nice and small. The teachers are understanding when situations come up in life they are always available to talk and work with your situation. Whether it’s going to the hammer or the AC, basketball or baseball games; there is always something to do.

I had high expectations and ORU exceeded them. ORU strives for every student to be a whole person, and though it is challenging at times, The rewards are worth it. Either you’re all in or you’re all out. If you’re all in; you’re going places that you can’t even begin to fathom.

Yesenia

Oral Roberts University is a believer-filled, kind-hearted, community-driven environment that fosters growth, change, and development in every aspect. With their whole person scholarship education, Oral Roberts University ensures that students are intellectually aware, spiritually alive, physically disciplined, socially adept, and professionally competent. Oral Roberts University (ORU) has a unique and beautiful story about how it came to be and how it continues to function and it has the graduate results, the opportunities, and the ratings to prove it. Highly recommend ORU!!

Kaitlyn

I love ORU. Everyone is kind, the professors truly care about the students, the environment is safe and clean, and the classes are wonderful. Of course no one enjoys homework, but the professors sincerely want to see you succeed and are always on your side. I do not regret choosing ORU and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Frank

It's a great university that is very diverse. There are many rules, but students are still allowed to have fun. Chapel is also one of the best things at ORU.

Meghan

Oral Roberts University is a strong Christian University dedicated to bringing you closer to God and helping you start good life habits such as exercising regularly and abstaining from drinking and drugs. It is the perfect university for someone who knows they want to put their morals and values in Jesus first in life.

Ciara

Oral Roberts University is the best. The Christian atmosphere is one full of love and kindness. Everyone on campus shows compassion and care, including the professors and our administration. This university focuses on the whole person- mind, body, and spirit. The people here want nothing but the best for you, and God's presence on this campus is overwhelmingly beautiful.

From my personal experience, I believe that the incredibly infectious atmosphere at Oral Roberts University is extremely welcoming, and the many students and staff are beyond friendly. Although I haven't been there for long, I can tell that every person at this university is passionate about something in life.

Oral Roberts is a culturally diverse university, dedicated to getting students a great education. The campus architecture is beautiful and stunning. The community is loving, close-knit, friendly, and the students all have a drive to help one another. The professors there are kind and want to help students get the best education possible and help them learn skills that they can apply to their future career.

Anna

If you are coming here to party or mess around, this is not the place for you. Sure, there are things that we can improve like the food and sports culture, but overall, ORU is an incredible place. The community and spiritual atmosphere more than make up for what ORU might lack in typical "college campus" culture. If you want a place to learn and grow and make friends that you know you will have for the rest of your life, this is the place for you!

Oral Roberts is an extremely involved and caring university. They have multiple activities to be involved in. The staff truly cares about your education as well as your life in general. Also, we are the only campus that I know of that has their program Deans and University President as their professors! It is an overall loving and amazing school.

Oral Roberts University is an excellent school to go to. They are rich in academics, and the students have a well-developed social life. The structure of the campus is a gorgeous sight, and the building complexes are a unique shape. The golden walls of the buildings reflect in the sunlight, and create a luminous sight. The garden is well taken care of, and is pleasing to the eye. ORU is an excellent school because they believe in developing the whole person. They focus on the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the individual. They push for academic excellence, an enrichment in socializing, strengthening our relationship with the Creator, and excelling in physical activity.

I came to Oral Roberts University from the nearby state of Missouri. Nobody in my family had ever attended, but a family friend was an alumnus. Upon visiting ORU, which wasn't a very serious option on my college list, it quickly jumped to the top. The other students and faculty are so friendly, and there are so many opportunities to get involved. Campus dining isn't the greatest, but Chick Fil A and Moe's are solid options when you're tired of cafeteria food. Additionally, if you are passionate about your faith, there are so many opportunities to grow here. Overall, I love ORU and wouldn't choose to be anywhere else!

Taya

Oral Roberts is a great school! There are phenomenal students and staff who care about the environment. Chapel is extremely awesome! I also love the feeling of the presence of the holy spirit when I'm walking around the campus. Although there are not on campus parties like other schools, all the events that take place are just as great. Attending Oral Roberts University was by far the best decision I've ever made!

Trinity

I'm attending Oral Roberts this Fall 2018, and I can't wait! I visited ORU 3 times and each time I feel the great energy and a wonderful atmosphere. The class of 2022 has already made a group chat each explain how we are so ready to take over the world with ORU on our side.

Mariah

My overall opinion is that the campus is beautiful and the atmosphere is welcoming and educational. It has samller classes in order for a more in depth learning and to increase the amount of help one can receive. I also love the other activities they hold. The amount of participation is highly encouraged and incredible.

Jason

I believe that the culture there is amazing, from the people, to the professors to the workers. I am very excited to go, because the people are just so nice, they offer religious services and even encourage you to partake. It is really a very different school from others, and i encourage everyone to at least look into it.

Daniel

Oral Roberts University displays a spiritual culture. Attending this university means I am always surrounded by spiritual and understandable mentors. The mission trips help to develop the "whole person," in regards to the mind, body, and spirit. I hope to go on a missions trip shortly. Also, this school helps massively for new students coming into the school. For instance, they link up returning students with new students who may share something in common with them, for example, same country/area.

Oral Roberts University has been an excellent university to attend. It has a wonderful mixture of lively action, team spirit, and energy. It is incredibly safe. The environment is a one with a focus on academia, physical health, and spiritual sensitivity. It is a healthy place to go, a place to really engage and connect with faculty members, and a place to find solid direction for the future. Oral Roberts University is a great university to attend.

Deborah

I love ORU. The life, heart, and feelings for God flow strongly in every single thing we do as a campus body. As a freshman, I am not worried or afraid. I feel completely safe and at home on this beautiful campus. Having classes where we can talk freely and safely about God is so unique and incredible. This is so much more than just a college.

Daniel

Oral Roberts University organizes a variety of different events and activities that embrace and warmly welcome international students, and I have experienced this during my first semester at Oral Roberts University. For instance: I was assigned with someone to help me adjust to the school and make friends this helped me greatly. Furthermore, during my time at the school I have been continuously prayed over and prompted when I have deadlines coming up. This college also strives to help to reduce students levels by creating a tranquil environment for students to work hard. For example: during final exams week small roll coaster ride was hosted by the school to help ease students stress levels. However, sometimes it's difficult to enjoy activities outside the school due to the fact there are not many activities/events occurring within 30 minutes from the school.

Oral Roberts University combines quality academics, accessibility to professors, small class size, phenomenal fitness facilities, wide variety of campus groups, safe campus, diverse student body from approximately 90 countries, and amazing opportunities to apply learning in a practical way both locally and abroad to create an absolutely stellar university experience. They would benefit from improved dorm rooms, but that's a small price to pay for quality in every other area.

ORU is a supportive community of students and faculty that is is remarkably diverse (90+ nations represented) while still unified in purpose and attitude. The small class sizes, even for most general education classes is helpful, and I have yet to meet a professor who does not genuinely care about students. Though the programs are often rigorous, they're available and want you to succeed.

Jasmine

Oral Roberts University is overall a good school for spiritual growth but students must be ready for the challenges in education and people around them. Everyone comes from different backgrounds in every aspect and area of life so that is were people collide the most. The education is great but there are still always clashes when it comes to professors. Some cannot speak English 100% and some professors teach multiple classes or just that one professor for the entire program. A lot of things won't be explained until you get to Oral Roberts University. All in all, ORU is the place that will challenge you in every area especially your character that you will see so much growth in yourself.

Dayten

Oral Roberts University has an exotic atmosphere. When on campus, I am always just happy to be present. Everybody is so nice and helpful. During a campus tour, I had several questions as to where certain buildings are located, and everyone was more than happy to point me into the right direction. Oral Roberts University really is a fantastic place.

Daniel

I love ORU! I love how it's a Christian school in practice and not just in name. The teachers are ready to help, the people are friendly, the architecture is beautiful, and food is pretty good too! I hope to attend ORU soon and be a part of this amazing community!