Orangeburg, SC
Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College

Ivan

Overall my current experience at orangeburg-Calhoun technical college has been quite well, I have met men and women who have graduated with there associates from there who are quite successful in there fields, people may dislike the idea of going to school locally but if colleges like orangeburg-Calhoun technical college can give you the hands on experience required in your field at an earlier and faster rate then other colleges I would suggest it to anyone,it’s a terrific school and I would not change a thing about my experiences at my college.

Dorothy

I love Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College. It is near my home so I don't spend much time traveling. My teachers are always willing to talk, and are always around if needed. There are people all around the school willing to help you find what you need. It is a great school all around and I enjoy being able to receive my education from Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College.

Carolena

OCtech is a great school if you want to go somewhere with small class sizes and have that one one one time with teachers. However there's no sports and there's not really any clubs or anything to join. They also do not provide any time of housing on campus or off campus.

Joshua

Orangeburg-Calhoun Technically College the school where your future begins. OC Tech know for its accredited nursing program has developed many students since its doors opened in 1968. This college offers a variety of classes at day or night for flexibility for most students. Live the OC Tech way Engage. Empower. Transform.

Savannah

If I could go back to give myself some advice as a high school senior, I would tell myself to manage my time better. My time management was very sloppy in high schoool. I would tell myself to shove my head deeper in my chemistry book. I would also tell myself to think seriously about some, if not most of my decisions, that I made towards the end of my senior year regarding my college career. I would also reiterate to myself that it is important to keep records of all of my accomplishments. I think everyone wishes they had this opportunity to speak to themselves at some point in their past. However, the choices I have made in the past have made me a stronger and a more independent person, and that is definitely one thing I would not want to change.

The best thing about OC Tech is my relationship with the teachers. I feel like we are our own little neighborhood. I am very comfortable around all of my teachers and even the other staff around the campus. The staff and the teachers are very helpful and are willing to do whatever they can to keep their students successful. I'm glad I made the decision to attend this college.

I think that the only people who shouldn't attend this school, or any other school for that matter, are those who are not serious about their education. Their presence and disturbing attitudes in the classroom only inhibits those who are serious and care about their education. The disruptions in class distract both teachers and students and waste valuable time that is necessary for learning.

Felix

To attend this school, one must be able to see the big picture as opposed to the "college experience." Students who are focused on getting good grades and saving money are the best fits for this school. My school does not offer much in the way of extracurriculur activities, so attending this school in hopes of a "fun" experience is not advised.

Prior to attending, I wish I would have had a greater grasp on communicating with teachers, as well as more advanced study habits. On top of these, I wish I had known more about the vast amount of financial aid options that are available to students that plan on continuing their education. If I would have had more knowledege in these areas, my college career would be going a lot smoother than it currently is.

If given the opportunity to impart wisdom to my 17 year old self, I would stress the importance of balance (priorities, study, attendance, friends, assistance, and fun). In order to have a successful college career, your priorities must be in order. Studying and class attendance in college are the most influential actions on grades. Those who fail to study and attend class are doomed to receive less than satisfactory grades. Many kids fall into the trap of skipping class and study sessions because of friends, laziness, and fun. To combat this counterproductive behavior, I would educate my younger self in the art of befriending those who provide positive relationships. Many kids in college participate in detrimental acts simply because it seems to be the norm. In order to stay grounded, your inner circle must be filled with those who share your convictions and determination. On top of all this, I'd tell myself to make sure to find time for fun. Too many kids on campus get stressed out because they don't find time to unwind. Activities you enjoy keep you sane during finals week.

Adam

If I could go back in time as a senior I would take classes as a senior that would of counted as a college credit that would take the load off my freshman year in college. I also would have took time to study more and learn new study habits. It also would of helped to be oraganize and on time. I have learned to do all these things and hopefully the rest of my college life will be great. Thank You Adam Kennerly

The media center is great. They also have the best nursing program. The teachers are excellent.

Some of the classes are not long enough.

Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.