Oregon Health & Science University

« See more reviews of Oregon Health & Science University

If I could give advice to my high school self, regarding making the transition into college life, I would stress the importance of following my dreams. When I was very young, I decided I wanted to be a medical professional. This dream seemed unattainable to me because I came from a very broken home, and ended up on my own as a teen. Despite this, I made my way into honors courses in high school and did well at them, however when it was time to choose my major, I did not have the confidence to follow my dream. Instead, I chose several different paths, which were also of great interest to me, before making my way back to the path I am on now. I am now at a very prestigious university, studying to be the medical professional I have long dreamed of. I certainly find great value in the education I recieved along the way, however, if I had only believed in myself, I would have gotten here a lot sooner, possibly at a price I could have better afforded.

First of all, dont let anyone tell you that you can do something. Some advice I would give myself would be take more math and chemistry classes. Dont let your mom tell you where and when you can go to college. YOu decide!