Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oregon Institute of Technology

Emma

Oregon Tech is a great place to be if you like small classes, the outdoors, and quality education. From all of the classes I have taken so far, the largest class was around 50 people, this gives you the opportunity to get to know your professors and not just be a number. Having this closeness with the professors will positively effect your grades and your ties to the school. The school is located near Upper Klamath Lake and the views are incredible, it's really nice to live somewhere that is as pretty as it is here. All of the courses here are tough but are beneficial in the long run as it prepares you for your career.

caleb

It's a mature school. If you want college for the experience look elsewhere. Go get it out of your system because although there are things to do here, they're not that great. If you're going to college to get an amazing career, this is the right place. It's definitely more academics based than social. If that's your interest, it's great.

Allison

Oregon Tech is a great school. The faculty and staff are all friendly and helpful. The class sizes are small even for intro classes. The campus is not to big but it is never crowded. I feel safe even walking back from the library at 11 pm as a women. If you want a really good education without a lot of partying Oregon Tech is for you.

Kyle

Oregon Tech is an alright school. The class sizes are usually pretty small, especially the ones in your program, and the professors are pretty cool for the most part. Really the only thing that isn't great about Oregon Tech is the on-campus housing and dining, which is true for pretty much every other public college in the country, and it's easier to dodge here because of the low cost of living in Klamath Falls.

Paul

uhrngu

OIT

uhrngu

Julia

Anyone who is interested in any of the programs provided my OIT. I also encourage any individuals who are interested in education to check into taking classes even if you don't have a program in mind yet.

I have only taken online courses so far but in the future will be meeting other students who also attend OIT.

Darian

This school is best known for it's outstanding job placement after graduation. If you are interested in any medical field profession (nursing, dental hygine, ultrasound) or an engineering profession, this college has one of the highest job placement percentages after graduation in the nation. This school takes acedmics very seriously and includes a wide variety of majors that aren't available anywhere else on the west coast.

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self some advice, there is one major thing I wouldn't hesitate to mention. The most important advice I would give myself would be that as appealing as getting out of my home town and moving away for college sounds, it wasn't going to help me figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life any faster than going to a local college would have. Instead of being in such a big rush to grow up and finally be on my own, I could have saved a lot of money and had the opportunity to take my time when deciding what I wanted to do with the rest of my life instead of being pressured to pick a major right away. A big university was definitely not the right fit for me, and I wish I would have thought about that a little bit more when trying to pick a college. I also would have applied to a couple more colleges, just to see what else was out there and what my other options could have been.

If you are looking for a college experience that goes beyond just acedmics, I wouldn't reccomend this school for you. There are not very many on campus events for students to get to know each other, and the town of Klamath Falls (where Oregon Institute of Technology is located) doesn't have very much entertainment to offer college students.

Jolene

Bachelors in Health administration

Bachelors in Health administration

The best advice I can give you is nose to the grindstone. You quickly learn that the teachers in college have less invested in your education than your high school teachers. You will have professors say "You pay to be here, take it or leave it". Get into the book store for your books as soon as possible because it turns into a madhouse the closer it gets to the semester starting. Get your homework done as soon as its assigned because more often than not, the next class will have twice as much homework. Enjoy the days you can sit in a quiet library and day dream. Enjoy the people watching in the cafeteria. Enjoy this experience for what it is - another growing life change. You will be amazed at how quickly your transistion from teenager-without-a-care to adult-with-everything-in-order is. Life is short. Visit your Mom and Dad. Read the books. Do the work. And lastly walk to your diploma- becasue THAT my friend is the best feeling ever. Good Luck!

I would go back to my high school self and share some advice. That advice, would be to get out of my shell and be more outgoing with asserting myself with more people. I think I would also tell myself to save a little bit more money, because I ended up having my parent’s carry me more then I liked but had no choice if I wanted to stay in school. Other than this advice I could of had, I made it this far and I’m still in school, and I’m still on my feet. I’m happy that I could make it this far with the limited advice that I did have, which makes me feel smarter in a way. I can make it if I keep being smart and making smart decisions. Why should I go back, when I can go foward?

I belive the best thing about Oregon Tech is the class experiance. The teachers are very nice and very helpful. The class sizes are extreamly small. My teachers are committed to helping the students achive during school and after school. They teach us the real world experiance, what to expect and how to do it right from the start. In my class there are only 6 people and we will work together for the next three years. This advantage will make us work with groups and get to know eachother and work well with eachother also.

If I were to go back and bring some knowledge with me that I know now, I dont think that I would. Everything that I did happened and I dont think that I would want to change that. Even though somethings were not the best, it turned out for the best. To have that experiance of failing and coming back from it just made me more wise and more knowledgeable . And to those random things that were the best, I would want them to suprise me again, I would not want to know what I know now.

Oregon Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.