Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oregon Institute of Technology

Johanna

Dear Johanna, Your perserverance, hard work, and drive are going to be the most powerful tool in the years to come. The only thing that you will need to change is that you need to not waste your time studying in Colombia. You should not limit your dream of practicing medicine in the US. After you finish high school, go to the place where you feel you can reach your potential and start your career there. Do not waste time trying to figure out what you already know. Essentially, follow your dream without pause or distraction. Love, The future You

I am a first generation in my family to go to college so it was difficult to know how the process was, how to get scholarships, and all the choices that are available. In high school I wish that I could have told myself to ask more questions about the process of attending college rather than being too afraid to ask for help. I know that if I was to ask more questions and took more time in finding scholarships then I could have already been to my dream college. Although I am proud that I have my first year completed at a community college, I'm ready to go farther with my education at a place that specialized in my field of study.

Although I have not gone to Oregon Institute of Technology yet, I do know that they have one of the best radiology programs. I want to go there to get the best education I can so that I can perform at my best once I start working in the medical imaginf field.

In my opinion I think that if you are willing to work through college then you should go to OIT, but if not then I wouldnt suggest wasting your time or money on going. At OIT they will help you get to the place you want to be, so if you are willing then follow your dreams.

gaby

The biggest advise I would give myself was to look for scholarships ahead of time. I would also tell myself to prepare for the hard work and the deadlines following my career in animation, listen to your art teacher because she has told you this all the time. Prepare to be away from home, but it will be okay because you will get used to it. Working for your own money is so much fun and very rewarding, you will be so surprised when you get your frist check. And when you keep working as hard as you are now, you will be amazed with the check that you get from your proffessional job. So learn alot now and enjoy being with your friends because when you go to college it will be a different type of ball game.

Aubrey

Very small class sizes and professors want to get to know you. Small campus, easy to get around and find what you need.

First things first, I would tell myself to not choose a college based on friends or be upset that friends are going to far away places. More often than not, you will make new friends and most people change once they reach college. Second, I would apply early to any college I think I might go to just in case. Third, apply for scholarships early and get ahead of the game by getting a summer job or side jobs so loans don't become unbearable. Fourth, I would add the college on a social networking site and live in the dorms to meet people before the school year starts. Transitioning into college isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem because everyone is in the same boat as you and are willing to meet new people at all hours of the day. Be yourself and make the best of it. They are and will be the best years of your life. Who knows, you might meet your life partner or amazing best friends. Keep your options open!

Anyone interested in the medical, dental, engineering, or communication field. There is an oppurtunity for everyone.

I have learned a lot in my college experience. You can excell at some courses, yet in others you struggle. In my own experience, I have learned what I want to do with my life, and to me that is the most valuable thing that has come out of being in college. It is very importand to keep going no matter how tough your life can get. Even though the education may seem tedious at times, a good education is a valuable assest for everyone to have. I would be at a dead end if I haven't kept going to school to better myself in the hope of getting a great career down the line somewhere. College is also a way to meet new people. I have learned how to be an Anthropologist at school, and I wish to continue studying that and criminal justice in order to obtain a degree in Forensics and Anthropology.

Calysta

Engineering, Biology, Computer, and Medical field degrees.

Engineering, Biology, Computer, and Medical field degrees.

I am gaining an amazing education that is very valuable to me. I have made a lot of friends that have similar life goals to mine. I have had many great professors that are extremely willing to help at almost any time and they genuinely care about my education as well as all other students at OIT. All staff at this school want all the students to succeed and have many job opportunities upon graduation or many graduate school opportunities. This school was very important for me attend because I grew up in Klamath Falls and I knew what this school could do for my future if I graduated from it. I knew what OIT promised in their letters and statements were 100% true and I wanted the small student to teacher ratio and the many hands-on learning experiences only a small college could provide. If I had the decision to make all over again, I would still choose OIT because of the amazing experience I have had so far.

Someone who wants a large campus or to live in a big city.

Oregon Institute of Technology is very career focused, allowing student to get hands on experience in a sustainable atmospher...

Oregon Institute of Technology is very career focused, allowing student to get hands on experience in a sustainable atmosphere.

There are many things that I have recieved from my college experience. I have recieved hands on education that many schools in Oregon do not have the privlege to get. These experiences put me at an advantage when I am going to apply at Oregon Institute of Technology. Outside of academics I have recieved many experiences in being part of Alpha Sigma Alpha, the only sorority on campus. They taught me what it was like to be in a organization and put me in many positive social situations that has allowed me to be more outgoing.

Students who are very focused about school. You may still be confused about what career you want to go into but needs to at least know what kind of career field you want to go into. Students also need to be very social. We have about 150 clubs on campus so there is much to do on campus and some things to do in the community.

Aszanee

As of right now I have not gotten anything out of my college experience, but it is valuable for me to attend because I know education is the key to success and all I ever wanted in life was to succeed. Going to college and not going is the difference between making around $75000 a year versus making about $2200. College as always been a big deal in my family and I know how important it is to graduate not only for my family but for me. College is not for everyone and a few months ago I thought wasn't for me but then I soon realized that college is for whoever wants to better themselves and become somebody in life, and that person is me, and I know that that is not possible if I don't attend college. That is why its valuable for me to return to college.

Hilda

The students at OIT are driven to succeedin there studies and balance the day-to-day responsibilities of families and work outside of school.

Until attending OIT my only experience in higher education was attendance at the local community college. My cumulative experiences at the community college and the university have given me a stronger work ethic, greater ambition to achieve my career goals, and a deeper desire to remain current with events locally and throughout the world.

How hard that I have to work for my grades, the small sizes of the classes, and the work out I get from walking all the stairs on our campus. Also our basketball team-the Hustl'in Owls!

Anna

OIT is a small country school dedicated to providing our country with skilled technicians, engineers, as well as other professionals. They have state of the art technology which gives their students a jump start on preparing for their technical careers.

My college experience has began to prepare me for my career in ways I did not see imaginable. Since just the beginning of this school year I have seen myself grow immensely. I have become much more responsible, organized, and efficient with my time. I have also learned the key to being successful in college, stress management. My program is very intense and competitive and each week you must be at your best in order to continue so I have become adept at performing to the best of my abilities in any situation. I have also become a much more self-confident and outgoing person through my experiences in college. Speech class got me over my fear of speaking in public while completing challenging class after challenging class has given me tremendous confidence in my abilities as a student and as a person. I know that by the time I graduate I will be much different than I am today; however, that is a change which I am extremely excited to see and experience. College will mold me into the person I wish to be for both my career and the rest of my life.

One thing I wish I would have known is how intense the programs at OIT are so that I could have better prepared myself for the first few weeks of school.

Oregon Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.