Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oregon Institute of Technology

Jacob

It is a small techinal school that has small classes and teachers that actually know their students; It is a challenging school with many rigorous courses.

As you are thinking about what collge to go to next year make sure you keep an open mind about all the decisions you make for college. Do not choose a school where other people think you should go. It is an important decision that is going to affect who you meet and where you go in life. It is also important to consider every finaincal aid possablity out there, becasue you do not want to be a year into school and already be swamped by piles of dept. But even if you are unsure where to go or what to do, it is ok, becasue everything you do will happen for a reason. If it is the wrong decision than you will learn form it, if it is the right decision you will be thankful for it. You don't need about find the perfect college or discover the perfect learning environment. Work on sculpting yourself first, and you will end up finding that wherever you go, you will be content.

I would say the part of my school that I would say is the worst is the amount of student who live on campus. There is a very small fraction that does. The food is lacking and it is not open on the weekends.

Veronica

Oregon Institute of Technology is the best school for anyone looking to get away from the distractions of normal college life, and get back to their education.

We are a school focused on helping students succeed in finding a program that will provide them with a life long career. The teachers and staff help each student as an individual to follow the steps they need to reach their goals. The school is very green an enviromentally friendly. Oregon Institute of Technology is a place for students who want to learn, and get the most out of their education. There is a limited amount of distraction and the newest of equiptment for those going into the medical field, and electronics. The school just keeps getting better.

High school sure is fun, and growing up takes time, but wise decisions such as saving money and giving each task you undertake one hundred percent will help you go far. Remember to write things down, a planner should become your best friend. Always be on time, your boss, and teachers never forget when you are late. Determination is on your side. You are just starting out on your own, mistakes happen, but use them as opportunities to learn and improve for the next time. Apply for college now, and don't put it off. You are smart and can take life to the next level right away by finding what you want to do and going after it. Don't waste your time, you will find you do not have enough to start with and it becomes less and less. Keep up the good work and you will be a success.

Ian

A small, student-friendly public institute of technology nestled in southern Oregon.

I would tell myself to make sure I start building study habits sooner instead of during the first term. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible because they are invaluable to a higher education.

Someone who doesn't want to work in the engineering or medical field.

I am studying Mechanical Engineering and I have thought long and hard about this, going to college and study engineering and all courses I need to get my Bachelor?s degree. With that degree and the education I will have, I plan on building my career and putting my engineering knowledge to work. The reason I decided on majoring in Engineering is to invent something that can be helpful to society. I started thinking about this when I was a young boy and all through High School. If I would have known then what I know now I could have prepared myself with all the things I needed instead of waiting til I got here. But I am glad to be doing it now. The simple truth is I want to work with my hands and my mind even if it involves a Mouse and a keyboard or a survey stick.

Good curriculum, good facility, excellant professors, help if you need it. Beautiful spot on a hill easy to get to town.

A person that is not dedicated to their studies. A person should know what their major is and begin preparing for what the needs are to attain your degree.

Chris

Be ready to have to study. In high school you can get away without studying, not so in college. Be ready to spend hours doing homework instead of hours playing games and whatching movies. There is still time to play, just not as much. Make good friends, even in your best subjects its good to have friends you can work with if you get stuck. Study constantly, its much easier if you study an hour a day than 7 hours on Sunday. It will be a shock going from high school to college, but with the right attitude and sme good friends you can make it though. Class sizes are the same as highschool, average of 30; So use that more personal environment to your advantage. Talk to your teachers if you need help, ask questions if you need to. Try to enjoy college as much as you can, it makes college much easier.

Before school started, there is an event with tours and helpfull speakers and people to talk to. I learned all i wanted to know from this event.

For me i find the math courses here seem to be harder than what my friends are doing at their schools.

Matthew

There's a strong emphasis on getting right into your field of study. The Computer Systems Engineering Technology department puts their students in a hands-on learning environment from the first term of enrollment.

Get involved with various resources offered at your campus! Working as an office aide at the career services office has shown me just how much assistance we can offer to job seeking students and alumni. With the office located in the Learning Resources Center, I get to see a lot of students using the tutoring services and study areas offered by our Center for Learning and Teaching. These facilities appear to be very helpful!

Sherell

my school is a clean, pleasant place that i feel is safe and the teachers know their subjects and are happy to help you if you need extra help.

They are helpful and friendly.

I would tell myself to start by making and following a study schedule, rather than try to study haphazardly and hope that it is enough. I would also tell myself to start applying for more scholarships rather than try to rely on grants, because i have had to take out several loans and i would prefer to take out as few loans as possible.

My father especially has had a lasting influence on the person I have become. The only way to describe my father is to call him a genius. Since my birth, my father has felt the need to share all his knowledge with me, sometimes to my dismay. My father had told me in order to be an engineer, you must think like an engineer, you must eat, sleep and breathe engineering. At that moment a jolt went through me as if I had been struck by lightning. I I was determined to go to college and become an engineer. Being able to contribute to finding a solution to a current and significant problem while learning the fundamental concept behind the problem, is what I most desire in an occupation. I want to achieve these goals and college is my only hope. My father was in a crippling accident and that is even more reason for me to accomplish this dream. I want to show them how much I love them by giving back what they gave me.

One that is focused on their future and strives to do their best.

One that is a party goer and is there only to waste time.

Jordan

The counselors and support staff are the best ever, and the location of the campus is a gorgeous setting overlooking beautiful mountains and Klamath Lake.

The school is best known for technology and it has the newest and most advanced equipment for learning and training.

As a senior in high school I was in the accelerated program at my junior college taking eleven units per semester. Homeschooling allowed me to begin that program at age fourteen and to be educated in a unique and exciting way. It gave me freedom to pursue goals and extracurricular activities that otherwise would not have been possible. The advice I would give myself now would be, ?Move faster, focus more, and accomplish more academically since you had that opportunity.? Attaining an AA degree, and AS degree and a pharmacy tech license were all valid achievements but it is only now, at age 23, that I finally have definite direction. I would tell myself to buckle down and discover what my true goal and passion was for the future. After working in two hospitals, while still taking various classes, I have decided to specialize in ultra-sound (sonography), and get a BS degree in that field. It took a year to figure out where and how to obtain this. My hospital finally referred me to OIT (Oregon Institute of Technology) where I have been accepted. The obstacle now is financing the dream that I wish was discovered sooner!

Tiffany

It is important to start looking at and saving for college immediately upon entering high school because you need that time to consider your options and determine what would be the best fit for the student including location, field of study, job avaliability upon graduating and extracurricular activities. To make the most of your experience it's important to take part in on-campus activities and get to know people that you see every day whether you have classes together or you live near them. Get to know the area your school is in to understand the atmosphere and where are good spots to hang out, relax, and get away from studying for a while. Most importantly, enjoy it while you can because life in college is so different from any other experience you will every have, you can meet people and make connections that will last forever.

A person who is dedicated to their studies and field of choice. A person who is responsible for their own success but is willing to help others achieve their own success. A person who enjoys a small, intimate campus in the middle of a rural area where you get one-on-one attention from instructors and know they are there to help you succeed.

OIT's reputation in regards to their programs and job placement after graduation is incredible. Students who graduate from OIT are highly qualified and ready for their specific job field immediately after graduating.

Oregon Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.