Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oregon Institute of Technology

Lori

I would recommend making a list of careers that your interested in and check various schools to see whether they are offered or not. After you narrow down your choices you should visit each of the remaining schools. Each school has a different atmosphere so make sure the college you choose works for your personality. When you finally get to college make sure you live in the dorms for at least the first year. Most college dorms have programs that help students meet and get to know one another, which helps enormously when you move away from home for the first time. Stay involved on campus but also make sure to keep up on your studies. It is almost a guarantee that at some point you will be overwhelmed with schoolwork, but if you try your best to do work ahead of time and stay organized you will get through the rough parts of school. When it comes time for exams/finals try not to cram. Look at the material and your notes a few days prior and/or study in groups. I would also recommend knowing your specific learning style before going to college.

I thoroughly enjoy Oregon Institute of Technology and all it has to offer. I do however wish that OIT would improve some of the buildings on campus. One of the buildings I attend classes in has a large hole in the ceiling that has been there since I started classes. I also wish that OIT would install some sort of filter system for water because they have found large amounts of arsenic in the water here.

When I tell friends about OIT, I usually tell them the about the 98% employment rate after graduation. This means that of the 3303 students at OIT, more than 3200 students get jobs right after graduation. I am so excited about the opportunities that will be available to me after I am done with school and I know that I will be able to start my career right after I am done with school.

Joshua

Find out what you really want to do in life and go for it. Find the college that fits you right and will give you the best possible chances in the world. Work hard and don't give up when things start to get tough.

Most of the electives are career oriented and there isn't a lot of "fun only" classes.

How difficult the schooling can be and the competiveness of certain programs.

Sharon

one thing that i really noticed that is unique is the amount of one on one time with teachers. They are very helpful and are always willing to give thier undevided attention. I also love the fact that most our classes consist of twenty five students or less this allows us to have a better chance for asking questions and voicing our opinions. I also noticed that this school is one in three schools that provide a bachelors degree in ultrasound and it is pretty cheap to attend the school.

Dont worry about trying new things. This is a one in a lifetime experience so you want to make the most of it. Before you choose a college you should make sure that you have an in interest in the field you might go into but make sure you have a back up plan just in case things dont work out. Make the most of your younger years

The most frustrating thing about my school is the location of it. I do not like this city at all and wish that it was put somewhere more populated and maybe not so cold because the winter here is crazy.

Chad

The job placement out of OIT especially in my field of study is greater than 98%. This is far above any other school I looked at when I was searching for schools to go to.

The advice I would give to parents and students about finding the right college for them is to make sure the college has the field or fields of study you are most interested in. Second I would tell them to make sure the college is in an area of interest, because a person wont have a very good college experience if they are in an area they dont like. In order to make the most of your college experience you should involve yourself in some sort of on campus activities. This will not only help you meet new interesting people, it will also give you something to do beside going to parties and drinking. Also it helps to go to a college with a good athletic program and a lot of school spirit because it makes the environment around you that much more exciting, especially when you have a team that is contending for and winning national championships.

How cold it gets in Klamath Falls. Other than that I knew pretty much all there was to know about the area and school before I came here.

Michelle

I would advice you to go to an area you like, that the college has vocational majors and small class sizes. Make sure they have good food choice, since thats what you will be eating alot. Get involved with activities and clubs. Go to events. Create study groups to get more out of your classes and meet people. Visit the campus, take a tour of the facilities. When visiting imagine yourself there. Talk to students that are around and ask them questions about how they like to school.

sylvia

Visit the campuses, start looking early. Find out what you want to do. Try shadowing someone in that profession.

Location, it feels like we are in the middle of nowhere

A smaller school where the teachers are honestly interested in your learning and not in just the grade you get; teachers look at you as a person not a number in a class.

In my experience, I would say to let the student pick the campus that is right for them. I have been to a college where I felt out of place, being in such a big school, and when transferring, my parents denied me access to the family financial aid. They wanted me to go to a large University and get a degree where they felt I would have the most options in. However, this college was not the best fit for me, so I transferred. When I have my children, I will let them pick the college that is right for them and I will support them in whatever they choose to be. My parents didn't support my decision to study Biology and Pre-Med at such a small school, and in doing so, they hurt my feelings and made it harder to leave home. But I am going out to study what makes me happy, and that is biology. Go to a college where it feels like a home away from home. There, you will enjoy your years and get the most out of college, rather than just surviving the four years until graduation.

People should attend this school if they love the small school feeling and want to get a hands-on experience in the field they want to study.

Kelly

Winning the National Basketball for the division 2008. The medical imaging technology programs available. Geothermal access and the ability to go off the grid soon. The study for alternative bio-fuels.

The best advice would be to do your research on the education you would like to receive. Find the college that will fit your needs in cost of living, education provided, and highest technological advances. Go to the campus and interview faculty and students.

The small classrooms, newer equipment for medical imaging technology programs. The small town climate and low cost of living, as well as affordable education for an awesome education.

Research the type of program you wish to pursue. Be careful about the school selection to find the match for the program you wish to pursue. Be sure and visit the college and the local community before enrolling to make sure that they are both a fit for your lifestyle and goals. This is a big change in your life and will be something you will always remember. Take your time, plan...consider..plan...and then enroll ! good luck

Mostly students interested in technical areas, such as engineering or computers.

Melody

I would advise parents or students to find a college fairly close to home and to attend the first year at 3/4 time instead of full time. This allows the student to adjust to college life, get into the groove of studying and to see exactly what it will take to make it in college. Many of first year students have a difficult time finding a balance between social activities, school attendance, grades and acquiring those new unexpected study habits. Also many students end up dropping classes in the middle of the term because of one factor or another, which puts their financial aid in jeopardy. Living close to home allows the student to come home on breaks or weekends and get much needed rest and relaxation time with old friends and have mom and dad cook meals, do laundry, etc to give the student a break from the monthly grind.

The most frustrating part of my school is the campus food court. The meals served are not healthy and are costly. There is a limited amount of food selections, the local high schools here in the community have better, healthier and cost effects meals than the college. Also the food court is only open during school hours, closed on holidays, snow days, and weekends leaving it difficult to obtain regular meals. Some classes do not end till after 6 pm and the food court is closed by that time.

Oregon Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.