Oregon Institute of Technology Top Questions

Chris

For me i find the math courses here seem to be harder than what my friends are doing at their schools.

Joshua

How difficult the schooling can be and the competiveness of certain programs.

Sharon

The most frustrating thing about my school is the location of it. I do not like this city at all and wish that it was put somewhere more populated and maybe not so cold because the winter here is crazy.

Melody

The most frustrating part of my school is the campus food court. The meals served are not healthy and are costly. There is a limited amount of food selections, the local high schools here in the community have better, healthier and cost effects meals than the college. Also the food court is only open during school hours, closed on holidays, snow days, and weekends leaving it difficult to obtain regular meals. Some classes do not end till after 6 pm and the food court is closed by that time.

Unfriendly, tons of pressure to get good grades, professors that don't seem to care if students do well

Abigale

The most frustrating thing about OIT is it's location. For people who are used to living in a city, going to school in Klamath Falls can be an adjustment. There are many things people expect to do in college that they'll never do, at least during their college years, if they choose OIT. Quite frankly, students drive out of Klamath Falls for concerts, shopping, etc. The good thing is that there are mountains outside of town for snow sports, in addition to campgrounds and hiking locations for those who like the outdoors.

Jon

There is a rather strict class availability, and classes must be taken in very specific other. Otherwise, you risk taking a fifth year.