Corvallis, OR
Oregon State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oregon State University

Oregon State University

Oregon State University has a very beautiful campus and overall is a great school! There are many helpful services on campus for academics and other resources easily accessible for students. There are many activities that students can participate in too. OSU is a college town with a great atmosphere and a great University!

Erin
I'm treated like a person and not just a number!

I'm treated like a person and not just a number!

Coming from a frustrating community college experience it was reassuring to deal with an advisor and internship coordinator who are truly looking out for you and are pulling for you to not only be successful but achieve those lifetime dreams! I'm certainly thankful I was lead to OSU for my educational adventures.

Matt
a great place to go

OSU is a great place to get your degree. They have world class facilities and the campus is beautiful.

a great place to go

Jason
Great School

OSU is a great school for anyone interested in Engineering!

Great School

OSU is a great school for anyone interested in Engineering!

Madeleine

I have only been in attendence at Oregon State University for a short while, however, the majority of the student body I've noticed is rather friendly. Fairly often in the courses I've taken here some sort of group work has been involved. All of the people that I have been paired with thusfar have been considerate, friendly, and willing to do their part. It is a nice environment to be a part of.

To my knowledge Oregon State University is big on the physical sciences. For instance, Linus Pauling graduated with a degree in chemical engineering; he is one of the most influential chemists in history, and thus Oregon State holds an incredible chemistry program. A lot of teachers, and graduate students are conducting research, as well.

The most important thing I would tell myself is to not only do my homework, learn the material. It is remarkably important to know how to retain the information teachers and the homework are trying to get through to you. As a high schooler, that was something I didn't understand; I thought I could slide by doing it at the last second, or not at all. While in high school you can get by on not studying or not doing the homework, that does not fly in college. You have to really engage in what you're learning. And because you're paying thousands of dollars to attend college, you might as well get your money's worth. I would also tell myself to stop caring what other people think. It's cliche, but I didn't realize how little other people's opinions matter until I got to college. In high school people will judge you no matter what you do, so why not have fun and do well academically? College is a place where you can be whoever you want to be, and who you were in high school doesn't matter anymore.

Mackenzie

Oregon State University is a friendly, exciting, eco-friendly, scholarly, and fun place to study, live, and attend school.

If I was able to go back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself to let loose and enjoy the last year of free education. I would tell myself to learn how to read textbooks efficiently, learn how to study without study guides, and to not stress to much over every assignment or test because that would become a constant state of stress in college. I would, also, tell myself when you get to college to have fun, meet new people, and enjoy the new found freedom away from your parents, but to not forget the reason you are in college in the first place, which is education. College is a time to learn, widen your horizons, and have fun, but also to learn responsibility and to use your freedom and time judiciously.

A person who loves squirrels, rain, and beautiful sunsets should go to the Oregon State University. OSU also has a multitude of amazing programs, clubs, professors, and activities to do around Corvallis and surrounding areas. Corvallis is a very friendly, eco-friendly place to live and is a good distance away from the Oregon coast, the mountains, and Portland (a fun, weird city). There is lots of hiking and beautiful nature around Oregon. Oregon State University has a lot to offer and has a place for everyone who wishes to become a part of it.

Matthew

I would go back and tell my highschool self to not join to the military until after I completed my degree. I would have told him to take his studies more seriously, and to not take education for granted. Since being in the military, I've really gained a newfound appreciation for the importance of a quality education.

I wish I would have known that they didn't have my preferred program of study here!

The people, the campus, the city, the housing. It's a pretty great place.

Eric

My school is flexible and offers practical experience that prepares me for my career.

I would tell myself to embrace fear. There are so many people who make decisions based in fear and I would never want to live my life that way. Once you overcome the discomfort of doing things you fear the most you will be truly free. There is nothing in your life that you cannot accomplish if you stare your fears in the face and challenge them. If you fail, great. It will show you that you can fail and still live to learn and grow from it. In short, high school self, do what you fear.

The best part about my school is the flexibility of the classes and fast-track in which I can complete my program. It allows me to focus on the ultimate goal, which is career success.

Alexandria

Oregon State Univeristy has a beautiful campus that reflects the best parts of Oregon. The campus has several trails that students can use for hiking, biking, running or walking. During the fall the tree covered campus gains the look of a movie set for a romantic fall novel. But not only is the campus beautiful during all four seasons the academics are some of the best a studetn can get in the US. The professors strive and commit to the excellence of all of their students.

Oregon State University is known for their strength in engineering and the ability for students to have a job in their desired field before they even graduate. My school is also known for their wrestling and baseball teams which have ranked nationally for several years. OSU is also known for their contributions to science from changing horomones in sheep during preganancy and showing a link between horomones and homosexuality.

Nathanial

I would say don't stress on big projects, but get a head start on the work and chip away at it. That will minimize the stress and let you spread your work out so that you can take on more responsibilities and activities. Make sure that you put all of the due dates for assignment and dates for midterms and finals on your calendar and never skip class. EVER. Get involved on campus as soon as possible, be nice to your RAs, and have fun. Just not too much that your grades start to suffer.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who enjoys a large university campus in a small college town environment. Someone who wishes to learn about a variety of topics while pursuing a degree in a field that one is passionate about. Someone that is not afraid to push their horizons and is eager to become a high fuctioning member of society.

I wish that I had known more about on campus activities and how to get involved with different organizations on campus . I also wish that I had known about opportunites open to undergraduates in the College of Engineering as they are plentiful and well worth the effort.

Oregon State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.