Oregon State University

« See more reviews of Oregon State University

I wouldn't say my school is necessarily unique, because its like many universities; diverse, academically centered, and demanding. I would say its special because there is a great sense of pride that comes with being a Oregon State Beaver. No matter where a Oregon State graduate ends up in life, he/she will always be a "Beaver Believer." From west coast to east, our graduates are still humming the school song, whether they graduated in 1970 like my father, or in 2005 like my dearest friend. Here at Oregon State University the students truly do bleed black and orange.

Compared to the other schools that I've considered, Ithaca is the most LGBT-accepting school. Although it is not diverse in terms of ethnicity and race, students are incredibly friendly and very accepting of others who are different. This leads me to say that my college has a really warming and welcoming atmosphere that was clearly apparent when I first visited. The majority of students love simply reading a book or playing frisbee outdoors on a nice day. The professors all enjoy their jobs and love seeing students during office hours. All in all, Ithaca is gorges.

When I was trying to decide which University I wanted to attened, Diversity was a big factor. I wanted to be open to new experiences, meet new people who came from different backgrounds and cultures because my hometown wasn't very diverse at all. When I visited the campus I was exposed to new people, and different cultures. The University has a lot of opertunities for Research, and even paid research assistant positions. The campus is easy to get around and its in a nice suburb setting. The University is part of the city, not separate from it.

Definitely consider what kind of school you want to go to before you choose Oregon State. It was an okay experience for someone like me, but I grew up in Oregon and knew fully what I was getting into. Most people have never even heard of OSU, and if they have... it's because of the football team. Corvallis is one of the most boring towns to put a college in, even though it is beautiful in the summer. The rest of the year consists of rain and grey skies. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

What made me choose Oregon State is the community and atmosphere. Compared to the other couple of colleges I visited, at OSU I truly felt that sense of happiness and as cheesy as it sounds, family. Everyone was friendly and willing to help because they wanted to, not because you have to. They also had one of the best pre-pharmacy schools in the nation, one of very few. Combined with the amazing rec center, I knew it was the college for me.

Even though OSU is a large campus, there is a close knit feel to it. There is always some kind of club doing some kind of activity, that's free to join in on. When there are games the students get in for free, and that just truly shows how school spirited and close this large campus truly is. It's exciting to be around a bunch of people that don't know you yet but are willing to help you learn a new cheer, or a new game.

this one had the original program i was going into, athletic training, and then i switched to resteraunt food management. one thing is that the city is very focused on the university making it feel more small town even though it's a 50,000 + population. the campus is always green and beautiful, there are so many resources availible to help sucess of any student, i wish i had figured that out sooner.

Oregon State University is the largest school I considered, and is much less religious than a couple of the other schools I looked at. The campus is in a very rural area, and the school is the life and center of the town of Corvallis. There was a lot of class variety, but the English program was lacking. I found that the school was focused on engineering and didn't care much about the humanities.

There are a lot of things to do here at Oregon State University. There are plenty of bike paths and roads to walk on and it is beautiful here. The trees bloom perfectly and it feels very much like home. You could adapt to the weather easily. I would recommend anyone to attend Oregon State. There are so many things to do, regardless of your likes or dislikes.

Oregon State has one of the top engineering programs in the nation. Going to school in my resident state ensures me a greatly reduced tuition price when compared to out of state schools. My transfer program fed directly into the engineering program here. All of my friends transfered with me, so I had a study group set up before I started here.