Oregon State University Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

Brendan

Recently there has been a sudden surge in the student population. Many students around campus are now having troubles commuting to, from, and also on campus. Also since there are many more students in Corvallis many students are running into the problem of finding places to live off campus.

Meaghan

Students tend to complain about professors the most. The fact is that some professors teach and grade differently, for the same amount of credit. The easiest way to get the best professors is to talk to students before you take the class, or check online on ratemyprofessor.com or myedu.com. (Both sites are free)

Ashtyn

Honestly, I don't hear much complaining from students at our school. There isn't too much to complain about here, aside from the cold weather (which I prefer). I guess if I had to choose something, most students would complain about our credit system. Sometimes, it's annoying that a class is only 3 credits when there is so much work required for it. I believe every class with the exception of PAC classes (physical activity classes-basically PE stuff), should be 4 credits. It seems like professors/the school administration doesn't understand how much work we put into each class. That would be my biggest complaint, and also the complaint that I hear from students the most.

The issues that were most prevalent during my attendance concerned the school spending (which I go into detail about in another section) and the choices of classes to take at any given term. Many classes require prerequisites that are only offered one time per year, and if one misses one of these classes, she or he will have to wait until the following year to take the class, which can be very inconvenient and expensive. Planning and research of classes is a must, especially in the engineering, mathematics, and science fields, though this sentiment is true of most schools.