Oregon State University

« See more reviews of Oregon State University

If I ever got a chance to go back in time to talk to myself about the expeiences I've had as a college student at Oregon State University, I'd tell myself, "it's worth it." I've learned so much from the new friends and teachers I've made, and it's been a lifetime experience that I will never forget. Words cannot descibe the joys, tears, laughters, and heartfelt memories that I have created, and I wouldn't and cannot ruin that for myself by telling that to Jeffrey Burrow from 2010. I would want him to experience it himself by doing exactly what I did.

Find a college that is diverse in as many ways possible. That way, you'll fit in everywhere you go. Make sure that the college has the major you want. If you're not certain about your major, settle down on a major and have a backup major just in case you won't like it. Make sure that the college has the major you want and the backup major. Find a college that is big so that you will have more chances to meet new people and interact with them. The best part about college is knowing that it's the right college and you're on your way to success.

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I possibly could. Warn myself that I will probably be in debt if I dont work really hard to find scholarships. I would tell myself to take more of the 2+2 credit classes so that I wasn't paying for classes I could have taken in high school. I would tell myself that dorm life stinks and its not easy to live in the dorms with people you dont know. Everyone has a different way they were raised from the types of music they like to how clean they keep thier room to the type of foods they like.

Even though I have only been here as a freshman a couple weeks, I have already gained some "know how" about college and my future. The impression that I have gotten from my instuctors is that they care and want me to succeed! I have a plan for what I want to do with my life, but more importantly, I have a plan for how I am going to get there. This is exactly what Oregon State University does for students: it helps them make a realistic plan for how they are going to accomplish all the things they want to do and where they want to end up!

I would advise the parents to prepare and plan how they would pay for college tuition. To make sure that they meet deadlines for scholarships, grants and federal aid. I would advise students to work deligently in their studies because it will get tuff but time will go by so fast. Enjoy new friends and people who will strengthen you in times of struggle. Be active in your community and in the class room, you learn so much from others. Ultimately live and learn everyday of your life and adjust to changes that will affect you for good.

From being at college, I have been non-stop busy. There was always something going on somewhere or homework that could have been done. It was a good fit for me since I am a busy body and continuously like to be working on something. Also my advisors and professors aren't as strict as some may portay them. They really do care and want to see you succeed. You just have to make the effort to go talk to them. They will not come to you if you are failing a class or not showing up at all. It is your responsibility to go and talk to them.

GO TO S.T.A.R.T. you are able to register for classes, as well as getting to know the campus before you start school later that same year. It is key to move to Corvallis a few weeks before school starts. This is important because you are able to get to know the town, social setting, and what is acceptable on and off campus. Corvallis is a true college town so you are able to really enjoy your experience here, but you must be respectful of others around you, so get to know your neighbors no matter where you live in town!

one peice of advice i wish i had recieved as an incoming freshman is to use ALL the resources given to you. students pay tuition for a reason, that enables you to use various centers for math, reading, writing, science and many more. these are great tools that are ment to help you suceed in your college career. i would also encourage trying new things whenever the occasion arises. you meet so many people who will impact your life just by going to a organic growers club, or the rainbow continum (gay strait aliance).

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to not set my mind on one college and to worry about tuition cost more. I would inform myself to apply to many colleges, even the smaller ones too. I also would have said that I need to do more research on the colleges I am interested in, and to consider the many options I have for which college I choose. This way I would have multiple options to decide which college is most affordable and offers more money to help with tuition.

Go to class! Yes, I know, you got by fine in high school without studying. And yes, the topics in class will seem simple. But that's only because you're actually attending class! You'll have no real sense of just how expensive you college education is until you try doing it without any financial aid. Make it count this time, stay on top of your school work, keep it your top priority. But don't ignore your mental health either: Depression is real, but it's also easily treated. Don't be afraid to ask for help!