Oregon State University

« See more reviews of Oregon State University

I would tell myself to get out there. Do everything that looks like fun. Don't take life so seriously and to step out of the box. College is ment to be fun and exciting. If you stay your high school self then you wont get to know all the fun and cool people that are out in the world. Put your self out there and don't be afraid to make decisions. If they are wrong you will learn from them, if they are right... yay you! Just be your self and enjoy everything that comes your way.

As I complete my senior year of college, I feel qualified in offering advice to those families seeking the most appopriate college. College selection must be a commitment that encompasses every aspect of the students life, not academics alone. The student and college of choice must be a good fit for the student and their family. Success in completion of the program revolves around not only the accomplishments of study, but also true happiness from somewhere within.

Pick the college based on what you want, not what anyone else wants or where your friends are going. Research everything about the campus, even things you don't think apply to you, because they might in the future. Go for the best for you, and don't settle for anything less. Try anything available on campus and get involved, otherwise you won't make friends and just be lonely all the time. Stick to your principles but don't be afraid to branch out and have fun.

I would tell myself to get a job during high school. It doesn't have to be a lot of hours, but anything would help with tuition. I would also tell myself that I shouldn't necessarily go to a college because my friends are going there; I should go somewhere because I want to. Don't be afraid, relax, it isn't tha bad. Be willing to open up and explore, there are endless opportunities. Study hard, but make time for fun activities. Just be you.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that moving to a different city and going to a university won't solve every problem. But if life is taken one day at a time, you can make it through a lot more than you originally thought. Also that many people in college, and life, are two-faced, but as long as you have a handful of close friends and your family on your side, you can survive anything.

If there was any peice of advice i could give myself two years ago, it would be to get my license. Growing up in a home schooling household, I wasn't able to get my driving license until I was 18. Not having a license kept me from getting a job or applying for internships that could have helped me through my college education. I regret that I didn't push myself to get my license, and it is the one thing I would change about my senior year.

My advice is to know whether you want your college to be in a big city, suburban area, or a small town; and whether or not the school offers enough classes and facilities for the major and extracurricular activities that you are interested in. In order to make the most of your college experience, you should join a club or extracurricular activity to make friends outside of classes and to get to know the community and other people around.

College is such a time of growth and independence. It is a great place to discover where your interests lie, and really find out what it is you want to do with your life. College is often an enviornment in which individuals are alone for the first time, and it can be hard, but it is also very rewarding. I grew up a lot during college. I made mistakes, but I also learned who I am as a person, and that knowledge will be with me forever.

I would tell myself to be ever vigilant and to keep my eyes open to the world around me. Know that college is about learning what you are made of. You will learn how to deal with amounts of stress that you have never experienced in your life. You will learn how to motivate yourself. Remember to make choices that you will be proud of, because this is an investment in yourself. Most of all, I would say ?Remember to invest in Google.?

What I have gotten out of my experience so far is that college is about finding yourself and being who you want to be. College has broadened my thinking and has helped me understand why things are the way they are. I have become an even more curious person and ask a lot more question. I also feel as if I am being challenged and forced to know and do a lot of different things, but I can honestly say that I enjoy every minute of it.