Oregon State University

« See more reviews of Oregon State University

Find a college that offers the most scholarships so you don't have to work while going to school. When you work while going to school it hinders your ability to meet new people and focus solely on your school work.

Work harder in the classes you're taking in high school, don't worry so much about what others think of you. Don't waste so much time worrying about working a minimum wage job, and study like there's no tomorrow.

Pick a school that has things of your intrest and in a area that you can enjoy activities that you like. Talk to people from the college to see what they have to say about the school and their experiences.

I would tell myself, "join those clubs I was too fearful to join my freshman year because those clubs, and the people that did join them, are the people and experiences that will help you find yourself."

Make sure to visit the campus and you will get a feel of the atmosphere of the campus. I like Oregon State because there was so much diversity adn everyone was smiling and friendly.

Choose a school that fits a students learning needs and wants. The desire to go to school must be present and an understanding to seek education and positive life experiences.

Start looking and applying early. Procrastination is the worst. Parents be open to students ideas/needs/wants and studends have fun with it but know when to take it seriously!

I would say to go somewhere where you are surrounded by friends and things that make you happy and secure, so you can focus on school and do better emotionally and academically

Travel to all the schools your interested in and then research the ones you felt most comfortable at. look into financial aid and go to classes that relate to your major.

Make sure when you're choosing a college, do campus tours, talk to those that are on campus taking class and see what they think of the school. Do your research.