Oregon State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Oregon State University

morgan

yay

Kacie

I have just transferred from OSU Cascades and I am just starting at my new location of OSU Corvallis. I so far love it and feel right at home where I am here on campus. I am a broke joke so money is a major worry for me and my new husband. But we are happy to be here and apart of Beaver Nation!

Matt

OSU is a great place to get your degree. They have world class facilities and the campus is beautiful.

Erin

Coming from a frustrating community college experience it was reassuring to deal with an advisor and internship coordinator who are truly looking out for you and are pulling for you to not only be successful but achieve those lifetime dreams! I'm certainly thankful I was lead to OSU for my educational adventures.

Maranim

Oregon State University is a very clean and easy to navigate campus. It might seem big, but after a year there, you practically know where everything is. The only picky thing about it is that there isn't many activities a youthful adult might engage in. OSU needs to have more availabilities on campus so that students without cars can easily go to on the weekends since there are a few of us who don't party and drink. Otherwise, it has been a great school with so many opportunities, it's easy to find a place where you can feel like you belong.

Kelsang

Oregon State is an incredibly diverse and engaging environment. I look forward to every day of class and seek opportunities to meet more of my fellow students. The staff and professors are also dedicated and passionate about their careers, and it truly shows in their interactions with the students. I have also forged strong bonds with many students in my majors that will serve me academically, socially, and professionally for years to come. I will cherish my years here forever.

Tayler

Oregon State Univeristy is a great school to attend. The school has so many resources available for students to use to make sure they succeed in school. The number of activities and social clubs available for students really makes a difference in the students' lives.

Paige

It's a great school. Especially for Agriculture and Animal Science majors, which is a reason why I chose this school. The people are friendly, the transportation around campus is good. It's also walking friendly. Everything is within walking distance. There is a variety of clubs and activities to join. Lots of opportunities to be involved and keep yourself busy.

Allie

I have been at OSU for about four months and I have loved every second of it. I grew up in Eugene (as a duck fan) and was for the most part expected to go to UO. I can honestly say that I am so glad I didn't end up staying in Eugene. Coming to Corvallis I have made so many new friends and have made some amazing memories already. I have enjoyed school probably for the first time in my life and have already learned so much from classes and my professors. For anyone wanting to know more about our school, I would be happy to talk to them, and share with them the new adventure I have been on and why Oregon State has changed my life. Overall, I would say Oregon State is a great school for students who are academically driven but also one of the best college towns to experience the whole college atmosphere in.

I think OSU is a great choice to attend as the advisors/counselours will work with you to have the best possible exeprience and further your college career. The college town is very tame and makes sure to keep all of their facilties safe in various ways; such as emergency buttons on almost every street, a on call service to pick up and drop off students on and off campus, and more. I also appreciated how amazing professors and advisors were when I and other students came to them for help. For things such as falling behind in classes, wanting to change majors, not knowing what to do next. I constantly meet with my advisor and go over a 2 year plan for the rest of my college career in order to help me graduate at a time that works for me. OSU was a good choice for me to join.

Oregon State University has a very beautiful campus and overall is a great school! There are many helpful services on campus for academics and other resources easily accessible for students. There are many activities that students can participate in too. OSU is a college town with a great atmosphere and a great University!

Julia

Oregon State University is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am from California and came to Oregon not knowing a single person, but through the dorms and joining greek life I have met my best friends. The University is in the town of Corvallis which is very small but is the perfect college town. On game days all you see is orange and black and people shouting "go beavs!". Our football team isn't the best but we have an excellent baseball and basketball team. The campus size of the University is the perfect size, not too big not too small, a perfect medium. Campus is beautiful all year round but don't forget a rain jacket because it gets cold and does rain a lot but you adapt very quickly and it becomes the norm. Attending Oregon State was the best decision I ever made and I have no regrets, I hope anyone who attends this amazing University has such positive experience like I am having.

Sam

The education offered here is excellent - there are many disciplines that rank among the highest in the nation. However, the University has a major influence on the city it resides in - Corvallis, and it not only effects housing prices, but the job market and local politics as well. The tuition is only going to keep going up - the board of directors is made up of ex-ceos from multi-million/billion dollar corporations and refer to the university as a business. But the opportunities are amazing.

I love that I have the opportunity to attend such a great school. The campus is so beautiful and feels very natural and safe. When I joined the Oregon State Running Club, I quickly found a group of like-minded people that have become great friends and a solid support system. As part of the Honors College, I get the opportunity to enroll in challenging courses with smaller class sizes. I just recently found my mentor for my Honors thesis. I am writing a novel for my thesis, and my mentor has been helping me with my writing and with finding novels to read that will help me become a better writer. He has really opened my eyes to the diversity of literature. Last year, I started taking country wester dance classes and attending the OSU Country Western Dance Club events. Not only have I found a love of dancing, but I also have found more friends and appreciation of OSU’s ability to provide safe, supportive ways to stay healthy. As an animal science major, I enjoy the fact that OSU has many animal facilities that allow us to have hands-on experiences and to participate in research. I feel like Oregon State University cares about my success, not only academically, but also athletically, socially, and emotionally. I really feel like I belong in the Oregon State community.

Madison

By no means does going to school at OSU have to be boring. The campus is always offering something for you to go do. You can stay active in a wonderful rec center with weight and cardio rooms, basketball courts, and indoor track. They also offer yoga, zumba, BodyPump, and other fit classes year round. There are two climbing gyms on campus, a swimming pool, diving pool, sauna and hot tub, and tons of Physical Activity classes for you to join. I took a hiking class and we went to local trails around Corvallis. Now I go on runs on the trails all the time through the beautiful forests and farmlands in the area. There are also dancing classes, art classes, and other fun activities to participate in. The sports at OSU are heavily supported, and it is so exciting to meet up with friends to go watch a football, volleyball or basketball game. If you aren't into these kinds of things, there are tons of clubs to join. I joined two Christian clubs that meet at different times. I have also been really pleased about the acceptance of diversity at OSU. The campus is very eager to promote equality across racial, gender, sexual preference, religion, politics, and everything else you can think of. I have felt very welcome at OSU and am glad to be at a place where I can get a quality education and feel like I am able to grow as a person as well.

It is a great school, it is located in a college town. Not much to do around here, a lot of us just tend to hang out around campus and on weekends travel up to portland. Everybody is chill here and there are rarely anything drastic going on. Greek life is very strong here, we take it very seriously and strive to encourage women to choose an appropriate chapter. Sports here is a very big deal, most of the time the students are repping gear and everybody is tailgating the day of the games. Overall a great school, with an amazing view and events that keep you buys.

Maayan

I really love Oregon State University. I found the campus welcoming and beautiful. Although the classes are very large, the professors are always there and ready to help you succeed in any way they can. The campus is situated in an area that is easy to access and easy to find fun places to go around it without needing a car.

Eleanor

Oregon State University is a beautiful college to go to for learning, making friends, and exploring adulthood. I have only been here a year, but I know that in that short about of time, my life has completely changed for the better. I love it here.

Zielle

Oregon State is a very pretty and nicely sized campus. The Honors College has full tenured track faculty and small classes, and it's worth applying if you're a science or engineering major. There are many clubs and extracurricular activities. There is a lot of school pride. On the downside, teachers in entry-level courses can be disengaged, the student health services can be inept, and we have had several hate speech incidents and sexual assault cases.

Caitlyn

Oregon State University is a campus full of life and beauty. If a student wants to join a club or sport is is very easy to join. Most of the population on and off campus is very friendly and helpful. The facilities are easy to find and the faculty is there to be of assistance.

Alex

I feel that OSU is a great place to go to college. It has a beautiful campus with scenic views of the nearby mountains, it has overall good facilities and plenty of places to study and be studious. My only concerns about the school is that it's located in such a small town you often have to go elsewhere to get what you're actually looking for and on campus food isn't the best when it comes down to it. However, I would still recommend the school because of its great academics.

Ashlee

It definitely lives up to the known reputation of having one of the best college towns in the pack twelve. I always feels safe and it is a great little bubble before you have to enter the real world. However, being a physics major has made me aware of some parts of the university that does not get as much attention as others. Greek life is very heavy, to the point that even if you're not in it, it probably still plays a role in your life. Overall, Oregon State is a great university with some parts that could use some work.

Shannon

I love Oregon State University! Since Corvallis is a college town, the campus is very safe with police and campus security constantly patrolling. The environment is extremely friendly and supportive to all students. It is clear that the teachers are dedicated each students success and personal well being. There are endless amounts of opportunities and ways to get involved on and off campus. Overall, it is a great, well rounded, and exceptional school!

I love OSU! It is a fabulous school with the most flowering plants on any North American campus. It's located 45 minutes from the ocean. The faculty are progressive and students inclusive. I wouldn't have changed my undergraduate choice for anything.

Gavin

Wonderful experience in a classic college town. PAC-12 sports, strong greek system but plenty of love for the non-Greek kids, amazing professors and classes. Great pathway to businesses in a number of key sectors.

Anna

Overall Oregon State is full with endless possibilities. The campus is beautiful, filled with history , and easy to navigate. There's plenty of opportunities for everyone here, whether that be academics, athletics, and greek life. OSU is nothing short of amazing! Go Beavs!

Sydney

It has a beautiful campus full of intellectual, interesting, and friendly people. The dorms are nice and quiet, and the food is delicious (surprisingly), with a lot of options to choose from. If you don't like the rain, I wouldn't attend, just because a lot of the weather is cloudy and rainy, especially in the winter. Overall, great place to attend.

Ashli

I love my school, its a smaller stem resesrch school that allows me plenty of opportunities to get involved with. Theres something for everyone on campus to get involved with, and if it feels like their isn't start your own club or activity! I know i feel pretty safe and at home with the cultural centers on campus.

Chantal

Oregon State University was, quite literally, a breath of fresh air the moment I stepped out of the car, that first time I visited campus in 2015. I knew it was home within minutes; not only are the people friendly and the buildings beautiful, but the wide variety in class choices and the multiple opportunities for internships and the like really make it unique. I was made to feel like a part of the student community without feeling pressured, and the classes I have taken so far are all taught by intelligent people with a passion for their subject. I greatly appreciate the quality of the residence hall that I occupy, and the food is definitely a thousand steps up from high school cafeteria food. Oregon State University is home.

Katelyn

OSU is a fantastic college for anyone who wants to learn. This is especially true for engineering students. Yes, there is some partying to be found. But usually it occurs off campus with the fraternities and sororities. And you will never be pressured to do anything against your will. It's a great community with lots of extracurricular opportunities to be found no matter your interests.

Jason

OSU is a great school for anyone interested in Engineering!

Sergio

This is school is very professional and very quick about responding to questions. Professors are extremely helpful and willing to help students succeed. This school gives a really great vibe. The faculty members are very helpful to new and transfer students.

kelli

All you are at this school is a paycheck. They care nothing about you only getting their money. The advisors are lazy and most people know nothing about the department they work in. They just push you off to someone else so they don't have to deal with anything. This is a pathetic excuse for higher education. I hope one day people wisin up and stop giving their money to this corporate greed machine.

Matney

Oregon State University is a great place to be and there is plenty of opportunity for those who seek it! Research is at the core of OSU’s values and students are being taught first hand material from those who have done it before its published in a textbook. There is a variety of outside activities to partake in for those enjoy recreational activities and campus is beautiful in the spring.

Jaclyn

One time when I was walking out of my biology lab I cut myself on the door and I swear I was bleeding orange. I've always been a beaver; both my parents went here and both my older sisters just graduated. Oregon State has always been home, and I will do anything to be here. The people who come here want to be here. Corvallis, the town, only exists for the students. The blood of the city is from the pumping veins of students making memories and creating the future that they want and what they came for. It is exactly what you make you make it. If you want a learn a lot-- come here. Learn about yourself? Throw your self into the MU quad and read a good book while strangers around you toss the Frisbee. Want to learn about a subject? You and 3000 other people just like you are in building testing, trying to learn and do the same thing. Here you can find home, you just have to start looking. Oh yeah, Go Beavs.

My experience at OSU has been a very positive one. The choice of classes and the faculty have been great here. There are many extracurricular activities for everyone to get involved in. I have met a lot of new friends and overall I feel that OSU was a great choice for me!!

Amanjot

OSU is a very nice campus, but there are still things that I need to explore. The people seem friendly. There are a lot of opportunities for high school students, for example, working as a summer intern. There are a lot of places where students can sit and have intellectual conversations.

Trey

I think Oregon State University is a phenomenal college. Corvalis the surrounding town is a bit boring at parts given that it isn't a large city just a college town but the campus itself is absurdly well put together. The classes are a bit large but manageable and the staff is very friendly and ready to help any of your needs. There is a pretty large party scene however so whether or not that is something you're into could sway your opinion of the college. The facilities and the amenities they offer all go above and beyond and are more often then not eco friendly and student designed. The student voice is very prominent at Oregon State so if you want to be able to give your two sense on the college you attend OSU is the college for you.

Varsha

I absolutely love Oregon State! My friends of course made it amazing. Just the atmosphere around campus is positive! Class sizes are kind of big, but professors have accessible office hours as well as additional ways for students to contact them. There are some professors who do not get back to us on time, but I'm sure they have a good reason. Overall OSU is wonderful. I recommend it to everyone, especially Duck fans.

Justin

Oregon state university is easily the best college in the state of Oregon. The campus is beautiful and the students are amazing. Not to mention, Corvallis is one of the best college towns in America. 10/10 would recommend this school of higher learning to a friend.

I love it here. The classes are great, there is always something going on and there are a million ways to get involved. There is truly something for everyone here at OSU. I also love how easy it is to get a campus job. College is not cheap and the on campus jobs have flexible hours and are a great overall experience.

Sydney

As far as colleges go, Oregon State University checks a lot of the boxes. Greek Life is booming, parties are optional (but fun if you choose to attend), academics are important and the professors are fantastic. The variety of classes allows you to fulfill your BACCORE classes in a fun and interesting way. Last term, I took two film classes - something I had never studied before, but thoroughly enjoyed. I think that these classes developed who I am as a person and allowed me to expand my view on the world. I loved my professors; there were available when I needed them and provided valuable feedback. It is a public university, so the classes can be large. However, stable office hours are kept, which makes them accessible. Additional help is available from places such as the Mol Hole (for science) and other tutoring labs. Corvallis is the number one college town in the Pac-12. I love living here and think that, if you asked any one of my friends, they would excitedly agree.

Elena

I think Oregon State University is a great mix of classroom and outdoor environments. It’s set about 1 hour away from the Oregon coast, and is very close to the Cascade Mountains. As for the on campus life, I think the people are really warm and inviting without being too over bearing. The professors keep you engaged even while teaching tough course work.

Olivia

It is a beautiful campus. OSU Cascades had a small town feel with top notch Professors who are available to guide and mentor students. Administration know students on a first name basis. I am very please with the quality of education I have received.

Anna

I have yet to begin attending school here, but I have visited the campus twice! I am connected to other incoming freshman through social media and we are all extremely excited to begin the next chapter of our lives at OSU because of how safe and fun the atmosphere is!

Hailie

I love this school. There are so many opportunities and ways to make your education worth all the money you pay! I am a zoology major and if you are looking for an amazing biology then Oregon State is for you. We also have a very good sports programs if you are interested in doing that.

Christopher

Overall, Oregon State is a great school. My only dislike is the location. Corvallis is a very small town and there isn't a whole lot to do locally unless you are 21 and can go to the bars. The classes are great and the teachers are willing to help during their office hours.

Alaina

Overall, I have enjoyed my time at OSU and believe I made the right decision coming here. The size isn't overwhelming, but instead offers a variety of people from all walks of life with whom you can become close to. Academics vary depending on your program of choice, but for the most part education is valued.

Julie

Here in the cozy college town of Corvallis, Oregon, Oregon State University is the main attraction. On game day, all of what is labeled as "Beaver Nation" shows up: from 5-year-olds in football jerseys to 80-year-old alumni who still make it to football games as loyal fans. The school spirit at Oregon State University is incredible, and something you have to witness first-hand to truly understand. The university also ensures that students are well aware of the opportunities and amenities available to them. There are often fairs that provide a valuable way for students to learn more about the multitude of clubs at the university. There is an abundance of support for sexual and mental health, including a confidential way for students to reveal certain information, and a support system set up for students if needed. The Greek life at the university is inclusive and all-encompassing; there are no rivalries between chapters and everyone is welcome to join, but never pressured if it is not their desire. The campus is small enough to where you do not feel lost, yet big enough to where you meet new people every day. It is truly an amazing place to call home.

Isidro

There is a strong community built here and strong select of individual value. There seems to be the average college life, but still have enough diversity to make the campus stand out above others. The campus has a large amount of resources for the students and is recognized nationwide.