Otero Junior College Top Questions

Sarena

If I could go back in time to myself as a high school senior, I would just want myself to know how much I would LOVE college, especially seeing as I didn't think I would, and hated high school. I'd make sure that I knew that college would be much more suited for my more serious personality, and that I would really be able to make it on my own. But, I would make sure I knew that college was going to be expensive, and a lot of work. I would make sure that my younger self knew to pay more attention to math- something I really wish I had done! And I would want the younger me to get into college as soon as possible, instead of waiting until I was nearly 22 years old. That way, I wouldn't feel like I was so behind compared to everyone else. Knowing those things would have made college a lot less scary starting out!

Cody

Well first of all, I would know what I wanted to do in the future for my career, so I could direct myself in that way much earlier. I would have definitely changed some of my studying techniques during that senior year, so that I was prepared for the extra academic load that comes with college. Knowing what you want to do in the future helps you out so much I believe in college. You can then get your regular classes out of the way, and focus on exactly what you are going for in life.

Daria

I would have told myself that i should have taken more college credit courses so i could be more prepared. I think that i should have taken the standard test more serious than i did.

Janise

I would advice myself to have everything planned out, even if things change a bit you a plan and a goal which I want to reach.