Los Angeles, CA
Otis College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Otis College of Art and Design

Adriana

I have gotten the energy out of my college experience to push my life into the next phase. I feel I experienced so much positive learning that it will be carried into my career and future milestones. It was valuable to attend OTIS because it has given me the knowledge to believe in my ideas and myself.

The best thing about my school is the vibe at the school. There is art all over the place and people working on every floor and the creative energy is all around you.

The way in which I see things differently after each semester. The way the education is life changing.

Ivan

College has become an enormous foundation during my journey as a future educator. The values it has taught me are unmatched. This organization has encouraged responsibility as well as desire for success. It has helped me rise to the occasion when I least thought possible. At the same time it pushed my ability to learn above and beyond. The interesting thing is that this incredible transition occurred at a junior college. I can only imagine how much the tasks and trials at a 4 year university will build my character even more. While here, I also started to value diversity substantially. I realized that no matter what their background, religion and even race, the students were a part of me. These classmates like me, were all part of a body (the institution) driving their intellect to gain the highest merit and at the same time, to benefit the institution with a rich cultural variety. However, the value I hold most from this experience is the ability to believe in myself. This includes realizing that although I came from a poor and uneducated background, I can break the chains of that norm and achieve more.

nicole

i go to a 2 year community college and i havent got alot out of it i have met alot of new people and i have leared alot about college. And what i wanna do for the rest of my life . But next year i wanna go to a 4 year university and get to experance the college life like i should of rite out of high school but to do that i need houseing money college can be a blast and educational at the same time

silvia

I have discovered a lot about who I am during my first year of college. I've realized what type of passion I have for art and where I wish to see myself after I graduate. I've learned alot about art history and the way art affects our world and our future. I've also learned a lot about sustainability and how art can help sustain our society and help others.

all the different kinds of art majors available

Pauline

Through the school years in this college, you have to stay focused and work hard! Be creative and be healthy unless you want to go to emergency because you might faint from not getting enough sleep.

Our school is one of the best art school in fashion major. You get into a good career field after graduate.

The fact that students normally can't get enough sleep because of lots of work to do every week. And Heavy competition between students.

Aida

The peers at my school are artistic, dedicated, as well as willing to learn and experiment.

A warning to my high school senior self, would start with a lesson on time management. I would encourage myself to practice better study habits, be more organized and devote myself more to my art and school life. My high school senior self hardly knew what to expect from college. The transition from high school work to college assignments, especially in an art school is something I would warn myself about. So much more is expected from you as a student in college rather than what is expected from a kid trying to graduate. I have learned so much in my first semester of college. I would tell my senior self to be ready for intellectual growth. Professionalism is an aspect in college that I would greatly wish to warn myself of. As an artist in high school I prided myself in being creative and spontaneous. At Otis I was taught to be more mindful and logical with my art and message. A heads up to my high school senior self would be, "Get ready for change, knowledge and a brand new educational adventure."

The worse thing about my school is also the best. As it is located in Los Angeles this allows for good publicity, however I commute on public transit for more than two hours a day to get there and back. While I do enjoy the surroundings and location of my school, the worst part about my school is how far it is from my town. Going to a school that is in such a big city does not make it easy to get a cheap place to live, especially with the beach only fifteen minutes away.

Theresa

Going back in time to a year ago, I would find myself frantically juggling college applications, SATs, portfolio preparations, and school work. I would give that pitiful girl of my past advice suggesting to apply only to my current school so that she wouldn?t have to waste so much money just on the application process when she could just use that money on her textbooks and school supplies. Without having to apply to so many colleges, she would have also been able to have some time to spend with her friends, who would all be attending schools far away from her in the next year. The last advice I would give her is that she should try to enjoy every bit of the last year of high school, because I regretted how the last year of high school is only a blur for me.

The worst thing about my school would be that because we are divided into sections, there aren't many chances to meet new people in class. The only time you get to meet other peole outside of your section would be when you have liberal studies.

A student who procrastinate definitely should not attend this school. The prospective student should be fully prepared to stay up all night to finish the homework given by the professors. People who only think about diet and losing weight should not attend our school either because in order to survive at our school, students need the energy they get from food.

Daisy

If I had the opportunity to do this, the best advice I could give myself would be to relax. Selecting and finding a school, and worrying about financial aid can be stressful. There were many students who didn?t know if they could afford to go to college, and I was one of them. One of the biggest problems for me was money, and not knowing about the options out there. Financial aid, student and government loans are available to students who need that extra help. So if I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to let money be stressful, because there is always a way to work it out.

The only thing that is considerably bad about this school, or any other, is the commute. Having to drive a long distance to school can take up a lot of time. So, if this is the case for any college student, time management is very important.

The best kind of student for this school is someone who is creative, but willing to work hard. Art schools have a negative connotation of being ?easy? schools. That?s not the case with Otis. Like any other college, there are many late nights studying (or finishing art projects for that matter). However, it isn?t to say it?s not enjoyable and fun.

To high school students, I would recommend that first, you follow what your heart tells you in terms of what you want to do with your life. Do not follow what your others may want you to do, but seek out your interests and ambitions. Take as many different courses as possible, in order to achieve a broad view on academics and life. If you do not know what you want to do with life, this will help to discover your passion. It will also ultimately help to broaden your horizons. Seize every opportunity presented to you and follow through with them, giving your 100%. If possible, take a summer to study abroad in a foreign country, you will never get a chance to do it again. Soak in everything. Do not be afraid to seek help when you are struggling or speak up when you don't agree with the discussion. Never give up. Even when you find a bump in the road, find a way to get over it and move on. Make time to enjoy your surroundings and embrace college life. College can be one of the most memorable and life changing experiences, if you let it.

The administration at the school seems to be disorganized much of the time. Although teachers and classes are assigned prior to the beginning of the semester, teachers and classes always seem to change during the first week without any notice. Mandatory field trips are presented the day of.

A student who is unmotivated and does not want to give her/his all into their work should not attend this school. Students who will give up easily will not succeed. Students who do not appreciate the arts will not enjoy his/her studies.

khanh

Fashion Design, Communication Art, Toy Design, Writing, Fine Art, Architecture

Fashion Design, Communication Art, Toy Design, Writing, Fine Art, Architecture

If I have a chance to go back in the past, I still keep my decision on Otis College of Art and Design. I love art, eat art, sleep art and all that I want to be at Otis College of Art & Design. Trying the best to be out standing and dreaming about the future with good career in art.

Otis College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.